Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2011, 04:58 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
People who do not insure themselves and their family are playing with fire.

Personal responsibility is part of living in a free society.

I pray that they don't get sick, but why should we responsible people take on their bills?

If you feel that that is mean, so be it. You pay for them.
If you made 8/hr and worked everyday and had no insurance would you still be this person who will not pay for HC? These are good decent hard working people. They work harder I bet than any tea party member.They just cant afford to pay $500 a month like I do for coverage. So if the tea party feels these people should die they need let it be known.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 04:59 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
I am not disagreeing with the idea, I am just taking issue with the blood thirsty response from the Tea Party crowd in attendance. I wonder how they would feel if their own child, when they turn 30, made the same decision and then contracted a fatal illness that could be cured if only they could afford the treatment? A person's death diminishes as all, a person who finds themselves in this kind of situation deserves our compassion, or at least our pity. Not our cheering for his death as if it were well-deserved. This action by the crowd at the debate showed the Tea Party is turning into a blood thirsty and decidedly unChristian mob.
First of all, did you watch the debate?

I did.

Nobody cheered for someone to die.

Secondly, when it comes to social programs and taxation, the left always wants us to live in a theocracy.

Take personal responsibility for yourself.

Why is someone saying that the bad guy, when the irresponsible party is not held responsible?

Old 09-13-2011, 05:01 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,294,983 times
For all the Faux Christians out there who would celebrate a man's death because he chose not to get insurance: "Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.'"
(Matthew 25.35-40 ESV)

Last time I checked, Jesus didn't have crucification insurance. Shame on Him.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:03 PM

Quote:
First of all, did you watch the debate?

I did.

Nobody cheered for someone to die.

Secondly, when it comes to social programs and taxation, the left always wants us to live in a theocracy.

Take personal responsibility for yourself.

Why is someone saying that the bad guy, when the irresponsible party is not held responsible?
http://www.examiner.com/political-bu...-man-die-video

I was watching the debate that was aired on planet Earth. Not sure what you were watching.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
If you made 8/hr and worked everyday and had no insurance would you still be this person who will not pay for HC? These are good decent hard working people. They work harder I bet than any tea party member.They just cant afford to pay $500 a month like I do for coverage. So if the tea party feels these people should die they need let it be known.
Didn't obama just pass "the affordable care act"? aka. obamacare?

Insurance should be next to nothing now.

Or do you want to admit that the bill was a farce?

If you want insurance, you will find a way. It depends on what your priorities are.

Many people who are low wage earners carry insurance because they are responsible.

I have zero tolerance for irresponsible people and the people who make excuses for them.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I was watching the debate that was aired on planet Earth. Not sure what you were watching.
As I stated in the post prior to this one.

Didn't obama just get "the affordable health care act"?

There should be nobody in that position, right?

Nobody cheered to let someone die.

Old 09-13-2011, 05:10 PM

Quote:
As I stated in the post prior to this one.

Didn't obama just get "the affordable health care act"?

There should be nobody in that position, right?

Nobody cheered to let someone die.
Video - Tea Party crowd cheers to let an uninsured man die - National Political Buzz | Examiner.com

Old 09-13-2011, 05:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Looks like even Perry was shocked, keep spinning righties, even your own saw the problem.
Rick Perry 'Taken Aback' By Audience Cheering, Suggesting Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die: Report
Casper

Old 09-13-2011, 05:16 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
I am not disagreeing with the idea, I am just taking issue with the blood thirsty response from the Tea Party crowd in attendance. I wonder how they would feel if their own child, when they turn 30, made the same decision and then contracted a fatal illness that could be cured if only they could afford the treatment? A person's death diminishes as all, a person who finds themselves in this kind of situation deserves our compassion, or at least our pity. Not our cheering for his death as if it were well-deserved. This action by the crowd at the debate showed the Tea Party is turning into a blood thirsty and decidedly unChristian mob.
Unless I am wrong all that cheering came before Blitzer mentioned death. At that time a couple of guys yelled, "Yeah". This progressive spinning about the timing of Paul and Blitzer talking and what happened later is getting very tiresome and I am sure that most progs haven't heard it at all, let alone know what I am talking about.

Are you one of the people who haven't watched, or really watched that video?

Old 09-13-2011, 05:17 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,264,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Did you really listen to that video? Most of the progs I have read here didn't but they accept all the spin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections