Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:32 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times

Advertisements

Those TP yahoo idiots did the Dems a favor. Keep it up, TP. Four more years of Obama!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 07:33 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I wondered when someone would call these clowns on this subject. I listened to the damned fool video, got a bit sick at how the whole thing was spun left threaded and just left. Now I am here supporting you and saying that we heard the same thing that none of these left leaners will admit that they heard even if they did.
You didnt hear the crowd cheering that he should be left to die? I sure did. Go back and try to listen again.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:36 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
This is a tough issue because being conservative and for smaller government you don't want the government to force people to buy a product like health insurance but in the same token we don't want to pay for someone who as the question was posed makes plenty of money but just decided they would rather have a new car or buy an 8 ball and a hooker rather than health insurance.

It's hard to feel bad for someone who chooses not to buy insurance knowing the consequences and then wants me to pay their way

Like Ron Paul said hospitals, non profits, churches step in and care for people. I recently had a large hospital bill, hospital had a program that helps people with low incomes they picked up 5k worth of hospital bills for me that others had donated. You know what I did, I went ahead and donated $500 to this fund with my income tax refund.
The reason why libs like Pelosi would pass a law to force every one to buy insurance, and another law to arrest any person who doesn't buy health care insurance, is because we have a law today which says all hospitals must treat whoever walks in the door.

We need to lower the costs of health care, so it does not cost us our life savings when we get hurt or sick. Tort reform, lowering tuition for students going to college, so a new doctor does not owe $200,000 for her education, and then owes another $50,000 to $200,000 a year for medical liability insurance.

If we brought down the cost for health care, and insurance, then people who earn too much money to qualify for Medicaid would actually be able to buy private health care insurance.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:41 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,636,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
how about you pay your OWN bill
That's hilarious. Pay your own bill. Did you not see the poster in this very thread who said her husband got a $5,000 bill for THREE HOURS in the emergency room?

Quote:

health care....its your health...its your body....its your bill..pay it..dont EXPECT someone ELSE to pay it FOR YOU
What are you, a multimillionaire? One of the fundamental problems in America is that health care and health insurance is TOO EXPENSIVE for most to be able to afford. And the worse the economy gets, the worse unemployment gets, the worse this problem will get. Oh, I know how to solve the problem - let 'em die!

Old 09-13-2011, 07:42 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
"Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the Consent of the Governed." — Thomas Jefferson, the Declaration of Independence

Since the Second Continental Congress declared America's independence from Great Britain on July 4, 1776, the United States government has sought to realize the fundamental principle on which our nation was founded: that all people have the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

This principle was formalized in 1788 with the ratification of the Constitution. That document — still the supreme law of the United States — became the foundation of a federal government that allowed the several states to act together as one, while protecting the sovereignty of each individual state.

Our government was not formed to take care of people, to fund they're mistakes, to coddle every whim of the American public, to only cater to those who contribute the most money to they're campaigns....our government has grown fat and lazy, and want to control way to much...and it's wrong, period...they should give more power back to the states, and govern what they should be governing, especially creating a strong military....and see to it that every high school graduate, should have to enlist, for 2 years or so, to receive training, and perhaps a start on school, to also enhance confidence and disciplin, and encourage education...we've all become so fat and lazy...and given way to much control over to the government, instead of becoming responsible contributors to our communities....we've become individualists and do not care about our communities any longer.

What in the world could the politicians have been thinking when they excluded all the police an firemen from the 911 cerimonies...that to me, is a huge insult to our integrity, and demonstrates, that our politicans want they're hands in everything...they are like my son's stepmother, she is extremely controlling and doesn't know when to take a back seat...her needs to want the soap box are constant and overwhelming...shame on our politians to do such a disgraceful thing!!!! After so many firemen and police, now are sick, due to they're desire to save lives, in all that ash. Where were all those politicians, when the towers fell and they needed people to go in there???????

It is sickening, what people will do for fortune and fame, at the expense of so so many others.
You win the "run-on sentence" award.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:44 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Default diversion from obamacare....hide your grandmother

Misdirected post needs to refocus on who is in power as opposed to who is an unlikely pres candidate and what he thinks.

Obama is in power and he has chosen these men to advise him.

Obamacare is now the law of the land.

Be afraid, be so very afraid of what has been created rather than be concerned with the interpretive words spoken on a campaign trail by someone who will never be president.

Ezekiel Emanuel
"In numerous writings, Dr. Emanuel chastises physicians for thinking only about their own patient's needs. He describes it as an intractable problem: "Patients were to receive whatever services they needed, regardless of its cost. Reasoning based on cost has been strenuously resisted; it violated the Hippocratic Oath, was associated with rationing, and derided as putting a price on life. . . . Indeed, many physicians were willing to lie to get patients what they needed from insurance companies that were trying to hold down costs." (JAMA, May 16, 2007)."

Donald Berwick
"In a June 2009 interview in Biotechnology Healthcare, Berwick was asked: “Critics of CER (Comparative Effectiveness Research) have said that it will lead to rationing of health care.â€
He answered: “We can make a sensible social decision and say, ‘Well, at this point, to have access to a particular additional benefit [new drug or medical intervention] is so expensive that our taxpayers have better use for those funds.’ We make those decisions all the time. The decision is not whether or not we will ration care—the decision is whether we will ration with our eyes open.â€

Old 09-13-2011, 07:44 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That's hilarious. Pay your own bill. Did you not see the poster in this very thread who said her husband got a $5,000 bill for THREE HOURS in the emergency room?

!
and????

I got a 2k bill for a 4 hour engine replacement on a chevy.....

your point?????

the FACT is a SERVICE is provided...why not pay for the service rendered...or do you just believe in RENEGING on YOUR responsibility???

Last edited by workingclasshero; 09-13-2011 at 08:00 AM..

Old 09-13-2011, 07:46 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times
Quote:

What are you, a multimillionaire? One of the fundamental problems in America is that health care and health insurance is TOO EXPENSIVE for most to be able to afford. And the worse the economy gets, the worse unemployment gets, the worse this problem will get. Oh, I know how to solve the problem - let 'em die!
Oh wow, 5k bill! The HORROR!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why aren't Liberals educated in the processes available for getting these things taken care of? I had a 10k bill taken care of for me through charity care. You should read up, it does the mind good.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:48 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:

And that same 30 year old will walk right in and vote republican/tea party

Old 09-13-2011, 07:50 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,694,120 times
Wow, just wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfr69 View Post
This is a tough issue because being conservative and for smaller government you don't want the government to force people to buy a product like health insurance but in the same token we don't want to pay for someone who as the question was posed makes plenty of money but just decided they would rather have a new car or buy an 8 ball and a hooker rather than health insurance.

It's hard to feel bad for someone who chooses not to buy insurance knowing the consequences and then wants me to pay their way

Like Ron Paul said hospitals, non profits, churches step in and care for people. I recently had a large hospital bill, hospital had a program taht helps people with low incomes they picked up 5k worth of hospital bills for me that others had donated. You know what I did, I went ahead and donated $500 to this fund with my income tax refund.
Paul is crazy if he thinks churches are out paying people's hospital bills. A few churches have some "emergency funds" that might pick up $100 or so, but that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Ron Paul was giving an example when he said the churches never turned anyone away, he didn't say he thought the churches should now pay medical bills...? Sheeesh, I don't believe how perspectives only hear what they want to hear....

also, he didn't say people should die, what he is saying, is....we are and should be responsible for our own choices, and if the man decided to not carry insurance, which is and should be an individual choice...then, sorry to say, he must suffer the consequences...meaning, he must be responsible to pay the bills, he didn't say the person should die???????

And I'm not defending him b/c I'm voting for him, or his party....but what American's lack today is good perspective and awareness to listen, and hear what someone is saying....what you heard, is not what I heard....actually way beyond what was really being said??????

also, OUR COUNTY IS BROKE...and it's broke for many reasons, not one...for starters and what people who do pay taxes in this country, is....frivilous spending, and also, funding programs which make people lazy...people who take take take and give nothing back....a country cannot survive, when you treat some residents one way, and others another way...different laws for folks...so what we've done, is allowed billions of people to inhabit our country, who do not pay taxes...and have helped to exhaust our surplus....our hospitals, welfare, have increased crime...and we're all sick to death of it...what you do for one, you must do for the whole community, otherwise, it doesn't work....our country is broken...and when people see this, and admit it, maybe things will change....but what ever laws are governed, must be followed by EVERYONE! You can't do for one, and allow the others to carry them? Not fair at all....and illegals, should not EVER be allowed to vote...period....they are not paying taxes, they are not a member of society...and they are breaking the backs of those who do.
Dizzy from that spin,yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Funny, I was just reading a thread where folks were chortling about a hippy girl who fell out of a tree and broke her back.

It is pretty shocking.

I am deeply saddened by how the recent obsession with politics has eroded our fundamental decency and humanity.

Me, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections