Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:53 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,516,754 times

Advertisements

Wow, listen to these fools. Ron Paul is out of his mind. He actually thinks churches will pay peoples medical bills. The teabagger crowd cheered for this nonsense and the rest of the candidates appeared to agree. Just let the uninsured die, which includes children. It's a damn shame that we've reached this point where people such as this are vying for an opportunity to be the leader of our country.

GOP Tea Party Debate: Audience Cheers, Says Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2011, 09:55 PM

7,237 posts, read 12,775,704 times
lol.

At this pace, Ron Paul will be too far to the left for these teabaggers by 2016.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:57 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,018,786 times
The crowd tonight shamed America. That moment is something I'd expect in a Middle East regime. Barbaric.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:10 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,968,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
The crowd tonight shamed America. That moment is something I'd expect in a Middle East regime. Barbaric.
Don't worry, any moment now a conservative is going to explain how this attitude makes us the greatest country on Earth.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:16 PM

1,096 posts, read 4,534,790 times
This is a tough issue because being conservative and for smaller government you don't want the government to force people to buy a product like health insurance but in the same token we don't want to pay for someone who as the question was posed makes plenty of money but just decided they would rather have a new car or buy an 8 ball and a hooker rather than health insurance.

It's hard to feel bad for someone who chooses not to buy insurance knowing the consequences and then wants me to pay their way

Like Ron Paul said hospitals, non profits, churches step in and care for people. I recently had a large hospital bill, hospital had a program taht helps people with low incomes they picked up 5k worth of hospital bills for me that others had donated. You know what I did, I went ahead and donated $500 to this fund with my income tax refund.

12,772 posts, read 8,008,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Wow, listen to these fools. Ron Paul is out of his mind. He actually thinks churches will pay peoples medical bills. The teabagger crowd cheered for this nonsense and the rest of the candidates appeared to agree. Just let the uninsured die, which includes children. It's a damn shame that we've reached this point where people such as this are vying for an opportunity to be the leader of our country.

GOP Tea Party Debate: Audience Cheers, Says Society Should Let Uninsured Patient Die
I'm a big fan of Ron Paul, but I think he misses the mark on this one. The answer should have been that with a reformed health care system and limited government interference, the person in the scenario that Wolf brought up would not have the choice of $300/mo. health insurance or none at all. With the removal of government interference and increased competition in health care, costs should move back to something more reasonable so that a perfectly healthy 30 yr old male shouldn't have to spend almost $4,000 a year for health insurance.

1,045 posts, read 2,663,526 times
When the audience shouted "yes", I was astonished. It's crazy that this is the type of crowd that will for the most part decide which Republican will run against Obama.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:18 PM

rfr69, The crowd response was gutteral, not thoughtful. It differed little from cheering on a hanging 150 years ago, no doubt. It displayed the worst attributes of semi-human behavior.

For a change, the crudest people were in the audience.

In fairness, 2 years ago, there was a very civil TP rally 1 mile from here, at City Hall. Those people no doubt are ashamed of the crowd tonight..night and day.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:20 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,061,793 times
Proving yet again that barbarianism isn't part of religion, but part of humanity.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:23 PM

Correct. Also exposing the TP's worst attributes, which should for good, deep six it in swing states.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections