Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 06:01 PM

5,389 posts, read 7,257,476 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Self contradition in action!
What did he contradict?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 08:40 AM

25,231 posts, read 17,005,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
MICHELE BACHMANN: Obama "stole over $500 billion out of Medicare to switch it over to Obamacare. ... These are programs that need to be saved to serve people, and in their current form, they can't."

ROMNEY: "He cut Medicare by $500 billion. This is a Democrat president. The liberal, so to speak, cut Medicare. Not Republicans, the Democrat."

THE FACTS: "Stole" is a hyperbolic way to describe the kinds of shifts in budget priorities that happen every day in Washington. To pay for expanded insurance coverage, Obama's health care law cuts $500 billion in payments to the Medicare Advantage program — which a congressional agency said was being overpaid — and to hospitals and nursing homes. Nearly all House Republicans, including Bachmann, later voted for a GOP budget plan that retained the same cuts Obama had made.
FACT CHECK: Social Security prompts debate miscues | Political Headlines | Comcast.net (http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20110913/US.Debate.Fact.Check/?cid=hero_media - broken link)

Hell, not only will they lie and distort the actions of Pres. Obama, they'll lie on each other.
They Lie because they are politicians and all politicians Lie, it is becase WE accept it.
Casper

Old 09-14-2011, 12:29 PM

79,229 posts, read 61,343,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
MICHELE BACHMANN: Obama "stole over $500 billion out of Medicare to switch it over to Obamacare. ... These are programs that need to be saved to serve people, and in their current form, they can't."

ROMNEY: "He cut Medicare by $500 billion. This is a Democrat president. The liberal, so to speak, cut Medicare. Not Republicans, the Democrat."

THE FACTS: "Stole" is a hyperbolic way to describe the kinds of shifts in budget priorities that happen every day in Washington. To pay for expanded insurance coverage, Obama's health care law cuts $500 billion in payments to the Medicare Advantage program — which a congressional agency said was being overpaid — and to hospitals and nursing homes. Nearly all House Republicans, including Bachmann, later voted for a GOP budget plan that retained the same cuts Obama had made.

FACT CHECK: Social Security prompts debate miscues | Political Headlines | Comcast.net (http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/news-politics/20110913/US.Debate.Fact.Check/?cid=hero_media - broken link)

Hell, not only will they lie and distort the actions of Pres. Obama, they'll lie on each other.
How awful!

Next you know they will promise to close Guantanamo, end the wars, bring our troops home, fix the economy and reverse the Bush tax cuts?

Seems like my choice for president in the next election will be either Ron Paul one of those republicans or the incumbant Bush 3.0

Old 09-14-2011, 02:27 PM

20,503 posts, read 12,453,739 times
That America will GET OUTTA GITMO!

wait, Bammer told that lie.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:28 PM

20,503 posts, read 12,453,739 times
That congress will LET AMERICANS READ THE BILLS BEFORE THEY GET PASSED.

wait, Bammer told that one too

Old 09-14-2011, 03:29 PM

5,508 posts, read 5,260,792 times
After watching the Tea Party debate, I must say M. Bachman and Cain spoke well, but Ron Paul still is by far the best choice for America's future. Nothing will improve (or change at all) unless we choose a politician that is QUALITATIVELY different from all the others. Ron Paul is the only one with the guts and philosophy to back the Military-Industrial Complex, the Fed, and the Special Interests that own our politicians and are ruining our nation's future.

Most of the others make me sick, led by former (actually, current) Democrat Romney. Much of what these posers said was dead wrong (and they know it), like government fiscal problems and debt being solved solely through getting rid of inefficiency and corruption. It reminded me of when I was in 8th grade (still in Catholic school, my intellectual development not yet begun) and the National Debate Topic was Federal Tax Policy. We had to come up with a plan to defend. So I contacted the IRS and asked for a "list of loopholes," having heard that businesses escape taxes that way (the IRS response pointed me to millions of pages of tax codes; my first shock). After actually working for government, I eventually realized that inefficiency and corruption and graft are SO INTEGRAL to government that they will be the LAST things to be cut. Every cut that actually hurts the citizen will come first, as government officials protect their power. Nothing will ever change the way large bureaucracies like governments work--the ONLY answer is to make them so small as to be irrelevant.

Back to Ron Paul--who incidentally got tons of applause as usual and was the subject of many signs in the background of most of the off-site questioners--the way the other candidates scoffed at him when he points out our corrupt Military-Industrial Complex has both bankrupt our nation, and put us in MUCH more danger than we would have been without insane war-mongering, made me sick.

We stop waging senseless overseas wars ASAP, or we collapse like all nations who follow this doomed path do. How many historic examples do we NEED to realize that policing the world (while simultaneously ARMING it) is impossible and too costly for even a healthy economy?

It's time those of us who support the Founding Fathers, Libertarian ideals, taking care of our OWN nation, and being fiscally sane, take back our nation from the corrupt Republicrat Clones who think Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same.

Old 09-20-2011, 07:41 AM

79,229 posts, read 61,343,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
After watching the Tea Party debate, I must say M. Bachman and Cain spoke well, but Ron Paul still is by far the best choice for America's future. Nothing will improve (or change at all) unless we choose a politician that is QUALITATIVELY different from all the others. Ron Paul is the only one with the guts and philosophy to back the Military-Industrial Complex, the Fed, and the Special Interests that own our politicians and are ruining our nation's future.

Most of the others make me sick, led by former (actually, current) Democrat Romney. Much of what these posers said was dead wrong (and they know it), like government fiscal problems and debt being solved solely through getting rid of inefficiency and corruption. It reminded me of when I was in 8th grade (still in Catholic school, my intellectual development not yet begun) and the National Debate Topic was Federal Tax Policy. We had to come up with a plan to defend. So I contacted the IRS and asked for a "list of loopholes," having heard that businesses escape taxes that way (the IRS response pointed me to millions of pages of tax codes; my first shock). After actually working for government, I eventually realized that inefficiency and corruption and graft are SO INTEGRAL to government that they will be the LAST things to be cut. Every cut that actually hurts the citizen will come first, as government officials protect their power. Nothing will ever change the way large bureaucracies like governments work--the ONLY answer is to make them so small as to be irrelevant.

Back to Ron Paul--who incidentally got tons of applause as usual and was the subject of many signs in the background of most of the off-site questioners--the way the other candidates scoffed at him when he points out our corrupt Military-Industrial Complex has both bankrupt our nation, and put us in MUCH more danger than we would have been without insane war-mongering, made me sick.

We stop waging senseless overseas wars ASAP, or we collapse like all nations who follow this doomed path do. How many historic examples do we NEED to realize that policing the world (while simultaneously ARMING it) is impossible and too costly for even a healthy economy?

It's time those of us who support the Founding Fathers, Libertarian ideals, taking care of our OWN nation, and being fiscally sane, take back our nation from the corrupt Republicrat Clones who think Democrats and Republicans are exactly the same.
I agree with many of your points.

We have cut military spending in the past, the MIC is not an unstoppable behemoth.

It would be interesting to know how many secret under the table agreements we have with countries like Kuwait, Saudi Arabia etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections