Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:16 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,896,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
Are you not mentally capable of replying to a thread with something that has at least a little bit to do with the actual thread? I love it when you're angry, you lose all control.
You noticed that too?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 10:19 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,389,814 times
Republican Wins House Race In New York, Seen As Obama Rebuke | Fox News

My congratulations to the people of NY.

Great move.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:21 PM

22,214 posts, read 19,509,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
I know NY is going to lose a seat... I am just curious how you know it will be this particular seat that will be selected?
NY is losing two seats, one upstate, one downstate. Assembly is Democratic, State Senate is Republican so it will likely be a consensus map that gets drawn. Turner did win, but regardless of the victor a Congressman who is in office for just a few months (which is what it will be when the maps are drawn) obviously is not going to have the same clout as longer term incumbents.

As it was even prior to the whole scandal talk ensued that this was the district to be lost due in part because of geographical issues, and the fact it wasn't really going to impact an incumbent since Weiner was eyeing the NYC Mayor's race.

Just want to point out this is not your typical Dem NYC district. This was a district that Obama won by 4 points more than his national margin in 2008.

So when the Dems won NY-26 they won a district which was 13 points more GOP on the Presidential level than the nation, this one was 4 points more Democratic on the Presidential level than the nation.

11,486 posts, read 15,328,786 times
Obama is like poison.

24,449 posts, read 23,127,133 times
It was a referendum on Obama. He's taking the democrat party right to obscurity. You must be so proud.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,320,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Republican Wins House Race In New York, Seen As Obama Rebuke | Fox News

My congratulations to the people of NY.

Great move.
It looks like Brooklyn is winning out over Queens with fewer total voters. I guess you can see which one has the most people who really know what is happening in the world.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:25 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,864,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
You noticed that too?
It's gotten extremely obvious lately. Sad really...

Old 09-13-2011, 10:30 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,966,490 times
The largely orthodox Jewish population in that district swung the election. It is Weprins support of a Muslim Mosque at ground zero and his perceived softness on Israel that swung the election. Zionist like NeoCon Republicans. No big surprise here. Eventhough Weprin was Jewish, he was not Zionist enough for the orthodox Jews in that district. No spin. That is just the way that it is.

Fortunately, most of the conservative orthodox Jewish population is concentrated in that part of the country. It would be even better if they just moved to Israel and leave us the rest of us alone. Of course, they probably have dual citizenship, which in my mind should prevent them from voting in the U.S., because of conflict of interest.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:33 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,389,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
The largely orthodox Jewish population in that district swung the election. It is Weprins support of a Muslim Mosque at ground zero and his perceived softness on Israel that swung the election. Zionist like NeoCon Republicans. No big surprise here. Eventhough Weprin was Jewish, he was not Zionist enough for the orthodox Jews in that district. No spin. That is just the way that it is.

Fortunately, most of the conservative orthodox Jewish population is concentrated in that part of the country. It would be even better if they just moved to Israel and leave us the rest of us alone. Of course, they probably have dual citizenship, which in my mind should prevent them from voting in the U.S., because of conflict of interest.
Odd...every Jew I know tends to vote for the Democrats.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:36 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,040,537 times
Ah yes blame the evil jooooooooooos! LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections