Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 10:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,731,874 times

Advertisements

Brooklyn pulls Republican to a historic win!

News from The Associated Press

The light has been seen!
The Genie is out of the bottle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2011, 10:26 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,969,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

The light has been seen!
You mean the Gentile is out of the bottle.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:29 PM

2,995 posts, read 3,547,209 times
Quote:

The light has been seen!

This is great.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:32 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,167,285 times
Quote:

The light has been seen!
It was his stance on Israel. Believe me, Brooklyn and Queens will never be Teanut boroughs. Brooklyn has a large pockets of orthodox Jews.

Quote:
The Weprin-Turner matchup has centered on Turner seeking to make the race a referendum on President Obama and in particular, his stance on Israel. President Obama's stance that Israel should return to its 1967 borders has been unpopular among some Jewish Americans
NY Dem Engel Says Special Election Shouldn't be About Israel | The Rundown News Blog | PBS NewsHour | PBS

If Turner starts any of the abolish social program crap here, they'll tar and feather him. I do not think many of the older people are even aware of his stances on those issues.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:33 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,131,423 times
In a heavily Democratic district with a lot of traditional dem voters, this indeed shows that wings of the Democratic party are indeed very upset by President Obama.

Ed Koch even endorsed Turner, which shows that the Dems are very upset with the President.

I sense a growing frustration showing in the Democratic Party over the leadership of the President. I dont think it is totally unreasonable for a significant portion of the Dem party to push another candidate to challenge, if not publicly, privately-------I sense a move toward Mrs. Clinton if the Dems are convinced the the President has no shot of re election.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:37 PM

22,216 posts, read 19,516,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefffla01 View Post
In a heavily Democratic district with a lot of traditional dem voters, this indeed shows that wings of the Democratic party are indeed very upset by President Obama.

Ed Koch even endorsed Turner, which shows that the Dems are very upset with the President.

I sense a growing frustration showing in the Democratic Party over the leadership of the President. I dont think it is totally unreasonable for a significant portion of the Dem party to push another candidate to challenge, if not publicly, privately-------I sense a move toward Mrs. Clinton if the Dems are convinced the the President has no shot of re election.

Koch has endorsed other Republicans before that is nothing new. Keep in mind this is a district Obama won by 4 points more than his national margin, so I don't think losing a district 4 points more Dem than the nation on the Presidential level is reason for paic.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:37 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,473,489 times
Quote:

The light has been seen!
Indeed the light has been seen! and hopefully the Genie will stay out of the bottle, and never have to go back in.
I would say this is a very important win. A great win.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:39 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,367,546 times
Dems outspent GOP 13-to-1 and still lost big.

Reminds me of Tip O`Neill`s visit to Wyoming during the runup to Watergate. He explained the case against Nixon and asked for questions from the ranchers and oilmen present. Silence. Tip realized then that Nixon didn`t even have any supporters in Wyoming, for crying out loud.

Dial ahead to today. Obama better do a gut check, quick. The way things stand, he`s going to have trouble carrying Queens....

Old 09-13-2011, 10:40 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,644,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It was his stance on Israel. Believe me, Brooklyn and Queens will never be Teanut boroughs. Brooklyn has a large pockets of orthodox Jews.

NY Dem Engel Says Special Election Shouldn't be About Israel | The Rundown News Blog | PBS NewsHour | PBS

If Turner starts any of the abolish social program crap here, they'll tar and feather him. I do not think many of the older people are even aware of his stances on those issues.
Ahhh, excuses, excuses, excuses. 2012 is going to be so brutal for the deranged liberals out there that will have to deal with the reality that most Americans aren't buying what Obama and his mainstream media supporters are selling.

Old 09-13-2011, 10:42 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,013,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post

BS. Turner made this race a referendum on obama, pure and simple. His hostility towards Israel certainly was a factor, but it was a lump sum repudiation of obama.

NYC Stunner: Republican Turner Wins House Special - Hotline On Call

Quote:
But Dov Hikind, a Democratic colleague of Weprin's in the New York assembly who nonetheless endorsed Turner, suggested that the deciding factor in the race was the economy.

"People want to go back to work," Hikind said. "They're sick and tired of speeches."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections