Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 06:25 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times

Advertisements

The cpoutry seems more concerned about what the democrats are doig to the coutnry ;specifically under the elft wing obama administration. The Weiner seat for the first time in history being taken by a repulbican in aq noramlly solid democratuic distrtict has to say who is consicern the country is going i the wrong direction.I didn't hear anyone declar they at at war lke democrats and of course that lady is alarmed because her candidiate isn't doing well at all. That is democaracy . As one democrats said ;if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen and another said ;elections have consequences
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 06:26 AM

24,021 posts, read 15,120,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
She (and everyone) should be concerned about the direction of the GOP. What is going on with GOP is is deeply troubling, and the crowd cheering at death penalty, poor people dying etc shows the mentality of their followers. They don't seem to care, or even comprehend, what they cheer at, as long as they cheer at a person representing their party.
The question to Ron Paul was if a healthy young man who could afford health insurance did not purchase it in order to save 200 dollars a month suddenly became very ill-----.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:28 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
She (and everyone) should be concerned about the direction of the GOP. What is going on with GOP is is deeply troubling, and the crowd cheering at death penalty, poor people dying etc shows the mentality of their followers. They don't seem to care, or even comprehend, what they cheer at, as long as they cheer at a person representing their party.
They understand what they are cheering for. They stand for that. The poor are a pain they can no longer tolerate. They will stop the poor from being part of the conversation. Soon under tea party rule everyone will not be able to vote. Threads on this site started by tea party members or supporters have already called for certain qualifications to be able to vote.That is where they will start. It will get much worse. We will be so sorry and with sadness in our hearts look at our children and say I'm sorry I let this happen to you.

Old 09-14-2011, 06:57 AM

2,765 posts, read 2,795,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
While it's good to see some sane people in the GOP like this lady and huntsman, the fact is the GOP especially since the tea party came around have gone so off the charts to the insane right it's hard to say if they will ever return to sanity, or just keep pushing the extremist agenda.

I'll take "Extremist Agenda" for one thousand, Alex.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:00 AM

2,472 posts, read 3,200,952 times
Just think, some people on City Data absolutely love some of these candidates lol. There really does seem to be an almost sociopathic level of lack of compassion with some of these people.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:15 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,875,053 times
Anybody else see this characterization of "Haul" appropriately telling about this Headline?

RNC Rakes In $8M in August, Eclipsing DNC’s Haul : Roll Call Politics

Old 09-14-2011, 07:16 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,824,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganusn View Post
Just think, some people on City Data absolutely love some of these candidates lol. There really does seem to be an almost sociopathic level of lack of compassion with some of these people.
Very true, this site is infested with these brainwashed, far right wing nutcases. You'd have to have a serious mental disorder, be downright ignorant, or both to support the tea party radicals.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:18 AM

1,458 posts, read 1,400,021 times
This is one of the few election cycles where politicians, and some very vocal members, are stating their true thoughts. From Medicare to SS to defense, there's really no beating around the bush as to where some of these guys stand. It's also an awakening for party members, many of whom are syaing "Hey wait, that's not me at all".

Wincing and frowning about outrageous rhetoric and extreme views does not make these Republicans Democrats, much less Liberals. But as the retorts continue, it will gradually dissipate Party membership. The only positive thing to come of this, IMO, maybe a gradual shifting of the Democratic Party to the center. Many Dems are now to the right of center on many issues once thought to be Republican. It's proven nearly impossible to get the Republican Party back on track, so many people will just leave in disgust.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:06 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,986,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Poor entitled little princess
Don't you fret there is plenty of dissapointment to go around.

Me,I'm sick of ruling class politicos (this would include Huntsman), thinking they can involve themselves in every facet of my life and stealing my money to give to their friends.
Yeah I much prefer the Tea Party who pays lip service to "freedom" and "small government" all while fleecing America to pay off the upper crust. Don't forget opposing abortion and gay marriage, two issues that obviously run us into debt and cause us to lose freedoms.

Hey don't fret, there's plenty of money to go to the war pigs and American Death Machine.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:08 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,828,787 times
I like every GOP candidate except for Huntsman. Have you seen the polls? Both Perry and Romney would be competitive against Obama. People are not happy with the status quo. Some on here seem to think the mood of the country is pro-Obama anti-Republican. That is just wishful thinking. Did you see the election results from yesterday?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections