Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 07:50 AM

2,673 posts, read 3,251,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
"Several politicians in Oklahoma refer to Obama as the N word."
I don't believe this to be true. The state represetatives would loose their jobs. People don't let things like this slide. I do not believe the majority of people in Oklahoma are racist and would say nothing about this.
We do not know what people say in private. This was one state representative telling about how a few other state representatives spoke in reference to President Obama. The epithets were stated in private, not a public venue or speaking engagement.

I'm sure many of you have experienced the same kind of epithets slung at President Obama, whethere you admit it or not.

You have chosen to not believe it. I don't know where you live, but I live in OK, and I most certainly believe this happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 10:50 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,688,591 times
Maybe I have a question that seems strange... are we sure this was a tea party person who shouted let him die. After all nothing surprises me when it comes to these debates and who they let in the crowd. Thou this was ONE PERSON or maybe a small group.
Sabotage in a tea party debate and planned destruction can never be to far from the enemies minds.
I'm just saying.

Old 09-15-2011, 02:03 PM

2,945 posts, read 4,997,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
My daughter attended a public gathering last night. She said one of the politicians there spoke about how several of the politicians in Oklahoma simply refused to refer to the newly elected President Obama as President. They chose to call in the ni g g e r president. Mind you, these are state representatives.

I've noticed that the GOP has moved further and further to the right. It was during the Clinton years that I noticed the growing fervor from the evangelicals. This seemed to be part of Karl Rove's brilliant plan to get the conservative christian vote. Well, I guess it worked, but you've lost the Republican party in the process. We are getting closer and closer to a Christian Taliban.

Since the election of Obama, the pace of the far right, extreme Christian republicans has snowballed with a loss of logical cognizance. They appear to have shifted into a dangerously hate filled realm. Bachmann is so consumed by the ultra conservative evangelical politics that she is absolutely goofy. Perry may be the most dangerous repub candidate in a very long time. He's proud of the executions, over 200 executions, even the one where they knew the new forensic evidence showed the man was innocent. Yet, this man organized a gregarious and obscene prayer rally. That is dangerous.

If we're not careful, we will be moving toward a fascist, Nazi type movement. These things don't happen overnight. They grow. This Christian taliban type movement is growing, and it is being led by these Christain tea partiers. Yes, much of has to do with our President being Black.

If you are a sincere Christian, pray. Pray that these republicans, who cheer over executions, and cheer over the hypothetical death of a young man without insurance. Pray that you will have the courage and the wisdom to separate yourself from those who are so racist and hate filled that they blurt out with complete disrespect to our Black President, "You Lie". Never in our history has anyone shown such disrespect for a President. Never before.

Pray, that your movement does not take this country down a road similar to Nazi Germany. If you do not, you may become entangled with this movement, and you will find a way to justify insanity, murder and hate. The bible will be misused to justify these things, and it is happening now. Just like the Germans justified the insanity of genocide.
Those Neo-Nazis in this country ARE in the Republican party. It's been that way forever. The GOP has always been the smokescreen for the extreme racists and hatred filled, still carting around Confederate flags people in this country.

That much has always been known. Which politician(s) was it back in the 60s-70s who started pandering to Southern aggression over integration? That shift right there turned the south and the hatred to the GOP and it's been there ever since. The REAL problem is that these politicians are finally pandering to these people. Instead of standing up for what's right and telling these people where to shove it they pander and kiss their asses to win freaking elections.

Dealing with the devils to say "I have the power" That's screwed up in the extreme.

Perhaps the Tea Party didn't come about because Obama's black but I for one think it did. That was the main goal but the ones who took over to make it national used the "Taxed Enough" as a cover for the real hatred lurking under the surface. And those idiots stewing over Obama winning once again had something to hold onto. They join and broadcast the Tea Party.

If the Tea Party and these people REALLY cared then they'd turn on and turn out the hated filled ones but they need them to "get the power" because they don't give an F.

The same with Christians. I'm a Christian but I sure as hell don't believe in ANY of what the far right has to say. All of that manipulation, our way or the highway, let's crush down every other religion and those who believe is NOT the workings of the God I serve.

These so called Christians need to read the Book they "say" they study and know. Like Jesus my foot! The stuff they do is not the workings of God. That's the workings of evil and if the were REAL Christians and truly knew God they'd know He's absolutely NONE of those things.

Not all are like that but a good chunk of the GOP is and until that party stands up to those hate mongers then that party is doomed. I mean, why would they stand up to them? They're gremlins and feeding them over and over lets them push their politicians on. The politicains go "Oh no...I don't believe in that" yet they'd probably have no problem accepting a fat check from a Klansman in full uniform or a warped, corrupted "preacher" with a promise of a vote and the votes of millions to get them in office.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:18 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,928,961 times
the tea party will be dead in 15 years.

there all old folks mad that the president is not white, even though his policies and bush(who they voted for) are not really far apart at all.

these are the same people who yelled at the black kids entering the schools, and poured condiments on black kids when they went into a white restaurant.

the original tea party was legit, bipartisan support. once glenn beck, sean hannity, palin, and those idiots hijacked it, they just became the far right of the republican party.

the tea party is the equivalent of the far left in terms of sheer idiocy of the people and radical beliefs.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:09 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,183,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Maybe I have a question that seems strange... are we sure this was a tea party person who shouted let him die. After all nothing surprises me when it comes to these debates and who they let in the crowd. Thou this was ONE PERSON or maybe a small group.
Sabotage in a tea party debate and planned destruction can never be to far from the enemies minds.
I'm just saying.

You might be right on target. The chairperson for the Tea Party Express says it was a heckler or hecklers that were planted in the crowd...not tea party members. They are supposedly investigating to see who did it. I don't really know, but I do think that sort of thing is only in the fringe element and not what the tea party is about. According to her, they do not focus at all on the social issues anyway.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
the tea party will be dead in 15 years.

there all old folks mad that the president is not white, even though his policies and bush(who they voted for) are not really far apart at all.

these are the same people who yelled at the black kids entering the schools, and poured condiments on black kids when they went into a white restaurant.

the original tea party was legit, bipartisan support. once glenn beck, sean hannity, palin, and those idiots hijacked it, they just became the far right of the republican party.

the tea party is the equivalent of the far left in terms of sheer idiocy of the people and radical beliefs.

That is a very bigoted position to take and not really all that true. Many in the tea party are very critical of George Bush also. They are mainly concerned with the run away deficit and other economic problems in this country. It is not about racism. Why when people can't explain something or don't want to face it concerning the total failure of this president, they try to minimize it to racism. Isn't that just a tad too simple?

Old 09-16-2011, 07:28 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,152,752 times
The ugly truth of the matter is that we never would have had a strong and thriving middle class, a world leading manufacturing sector, great innovation, home ownership, an educated work force, entrepenuership, an enviable infrastructure, rights and safety for workers, health standards for food and the environment and so and so on and so on...if the Republican Party was always as horrific as the party that sits on the right side of the aisle today. Most of the GOP/Tea Party/Neocon party and their ideology originated in hell and wants to drag the USA back there with them.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The ugly truth of the matter is that we never would have had a strong and thriving middle class, a world leading manufacturing sector, great innovation, home ownership, an educated work force, entrepenuership, an enviable infrastructure, rights and safety for workers, health standards for food and the environment and so and so on and so on...if the Republican Party was always as horrific as the party that sits on the right side of the aisle today. Most of the GOP/Tea Party/Neocon party and their ideology originated in hell and wants to drag the USA back there with them.

You surely know that very little of that is true, right? Do you really believe that the Democrats alone did all of that...lol? That's funny and ridiculous. You do know that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican just for starters.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:18 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,152,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
You surely know that very little of that is true, right? Do you really believe that the Democrats alone did all of that...lol? That's funny and ridiculous. You do know that Abraham Lincoln was a Republican just for starters.
Having a problem reading? From my post...

...if the Republican Party was always as horrific as the party that sits on the right side of the aisle today.

That was my point. This current crop of cult like corporate puppets has no resemblance whatsoever to what used to be known as "The Party of Lincoln."

Old 09-16-2011, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Having a problem reading? From my post...

...if the Republican Party was always as horrific as the party that sits on the right side of the aisle today.

That was my point. This current crop of cult like corporate puppets has no resemblance whatsoever to what used to be known as "The Party of Lincoln."

I stand semicorrected...lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections