Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 07:21 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,917,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I actually know several personally and attended a TBer rally as I was bored that weekend...guess who the BIG draw was? Joe the scab plumber(Just another Dumb A whose 15 minutes of fame was 14 minutes and 59 seconds to long)....yeah,THAT was exciting,informative,America changing and earth shaking.....all I saw was a pack of idiots repeating the same ol' talking points and insults they heard on some insane website or FAUX news....it sounded like Charlie Brown's teacher after a few minutes and the only thing it confirmed to me was stupidity in large doses can be dangerous.
Thank you for at least checking it out. I was bored to tears for 90% of the only rally I attended. The highlight was Angela McGlowen who was running for Congress in my district. I voted for her in the primary but she did not make it to the general election.

I fully support the fiscal ideals of the TEA Party enough to consider myself one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 07:26 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Can you actually READ?

Ron Paul IS the TEA Party.

If Paul was booed by the audience it can't be made up of TEA Party members...

I cant believe you are actually saying this wasn't the tea party. Alright who was it then?

Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,839,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Don't you have any faith in your fellow citizens to not allow that to happen? I support the right of anyone to put up a "no blacks allowed" sign in their business. I also support everyone who will protest against that business and drive them into bankruptcy. 99% of our nations issues can be handled without the .gov getting involved.

No I don't have faith in ALL my fellow citizens not to allow that to happen. Also there are businesses already run by known racists that are doing well. Even though I don't believe that the majority of the country are racist, I do feel that most people do not care to get involved in what they see as injustices happening to others. We live in a very individualized ME-ME-ME/MINE-MINE-MINE society and if more businesses were given the right to openly discriminate, I highly doubt that many will protest.

Here is a series of reviews of a racist restaurant that I used to live near around 10 years ago, it was around before I lived there and is still there. Reference the comments about how the establishment is racist but that they have good food and it is a "step back in time" and so they go anyway and recommend it to others. They do very good business there without protest.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Thank you for at least checking it out. I was bored to tears for 90% of the only rally I attended. The highlight was Angela McGlowen who was running for Congress in my district. I voted for her in the primary but she did not make it to the general election.

I fully support the fiscal ideals of the TEA Party enough to consider myself one of them.
I'm going to attend one with an Obama 2012 t-shirt on. I'm not going to say a word but I bet I make you tube when I get attacked.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:30 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,887,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
I cant believe you are actually saying this wasn't the tea party. Alright who was it then?
Is this REALLY that hard to grasp?

Ron Paul being booed by the audience for being Ron Paul obviously means the people in the audience don't KNOW who Ron Paul is or what his beliefs are....

So,if the audience doesn't KNOW who he is,then who are they?

Which candidate did they support more....perhaps that might help you.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
No I don't have faith in ALL my fellow citizens not to allow that to happen. Also there are businesses already run by known racists that are doing well. Even though I don't believe that the majority of the country are racist, I do feel that most people do not care to get involved in what they see as injustices happening to others. We live in a very individualized ME-ME-ME/MINE-MINE-MINE society and if more businesses were given the right to openly discriminate, I highly doubt that many will protest.

Here is a series of reviews of a racist restaurant that I used to live near around 10 years ago, it was around before I lived there and is still there. Reference the comments about how the establishment is racist but that they have good food and it is a "step back in time" and so they go anyway and recommend it to others. They do very good business there without protest.
Wow never heard of this disgusting place. The owner is probably got some sort of short comings that makes him hate black people. So this is how ron paul and the tea party want it.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:40 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,887,851 times
Read all the reviews,must have missed where black people were specifically targeted by the place.

Or...maybe you just made it up.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:41 AM

Quote:
I will not conversate with a known tea party member. Why would I?
Maybe to learn a little more about them. We seem to be having a cordial exchange and I consider myself a TEA Party supporter.

Quote:
He says the civil rights act is unconstitutional. Enough said.
Because it infringes on the rights of others. You have to look at the other side of every law and how it impacts ALL of the citizens of the US. A person should have right to do what they want with their property and businesses. The Constitution gives equal rights to everyone so why do we need additional laws concerning rights?

Quote:
I have absolutely no faith in my fellow republican citizens when it comes to this. after watching the tea party cheer for death how could I.
Was this the Rick Perry/death row question on the MSNBC debate? Either way, I do agree with him. I'd go a step further and allow family of the victim to throw the switch if they wanted to.

Quote:
Then why do people keep saying this tea party came before Obama. It did not. It was born out of pure racial hate of a black President but I constantly hear "but ron paul started it in 2007"an obvious lie.
Some of the fiscal ideas started with Ron Paul well before Obama was elected so that is partially right. But if it weren't for the Santelli rant, those ideas would have stayed with the Paul supporters.

Hate? I see no hate in the rant. I see no hate in being fiscally conservative. I don't hate anyone including Obama. I disagree with 99% of his political ideas but I don't hate him as a person. In fact, I think he is doing what he thinks is right for the country. I think it is wrong and we agree to disagree. In the spirit of what makes this country great, I am going to do everything in my power to see that he is not elected again.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:47 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,028,256 times
Quote:
Yeah paul the guy who would get rid of my right to vote. The guy who wants no blacks allowed signs all over the south again. Lets get him in there. Ill tell you something else,he will not close those bases or do any of the things he harps on about the military. His own tea party booed him. How is perry the front runner if paul founded the tea party?
1. Ron Paul does not own the T party folks and
2. They weren't his T Party folks

He got booed because the reorganized evangelical base of the lost Republicans became a Tea Party in their own right.
They are not against militarism or nation building. No
surprise about a boo there.

With the "Let him die" comment by Blitzer - it was a couple folks in the audience - not a major unanimous shout out.

Paul is a doctor and has taken an oath for such. As he stated folks were never turned away from the hospital
he worked at.

I think Blitzer should have asked each candidate a very
simple question: Do you support universal/
single payer health care in this country. And...
the same should be asked of Obama - who did not even support a "public option".
There is nothing good happening when democrats support
Obamacare mandate to buy something from a for profit
private company.

Both parties stink to high heaven when it comes to addressing the cost of health care delivery in this country.
At least Paul is honest about his desire to bring it back to before days of HMO's and corrupt corporate medicine.

Don't fool yourself into thinking the democrats care about
lowering health care costs for you or I. They just past
legislation that has given the private health insurance
industry and private pharmaceutical companies free reign
to wreak pillage and havoc on our citizens financially in the name of health care like they have done for decades.
Compassion/decency - it was never in their equation -
simply profit.

Old 09-14-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Based on what he posts on his sign in front of the store, I would not frequent his establishment. Had I gone in there and something like that was said, I would get up and leave. All of my conservative friends would do the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections