Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 02:17 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,300,458 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
Goes back to what? Freedom? Personal responsibility? I don't like the signs at the referenced restaurant but he can do what he wants with his property. That is freedom. You have to take the good with the bad.
So you would support the right of NAMBLA to exist, then?

I mean, it's freedom, right? If both party's are consenting...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 02:30 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,887,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post

NAMBLA does exist....

Old 09-14-2011, 02:36 PM

14,485 posts, read 11,298,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I agree...they are the party of the misinformed,uneducated & unqualified.....to those who study history,they reek of the same stink as the very beginning of the Nazi party in pre-WWII as Hitler was "uniting" Germany.
Do you mind linking some quotes from respectable historians who have said the same thing you are saying now?

Old 09-14-2011, 02:45 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,917,258 times
Quote:
Yes. They have the right to say anything they want.

Quote:
As long as both parties are of legal age as well. And that takes away the "B" in that group.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:50 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,917,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
The ones that make the best peasants are the poor and middle class who vote against their own best interest constantly.
My best interest may not be your best interest. I won't vote for someone based on what they say they will give me because politicians can't GIVE me anything without first taking from someone else. I want to vote for someone who will remove the barriers so that I can be all I want to be. If I want to work like crazy and run a huge corp I the government shouldn't get in my way. Same if I want to work just enough to get by. Either way, as long as I don't infringe on others rights or property then it shouldn't matter what I want to do.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:52 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,056,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
"I was getting notes about they ought to keep these people locked up and not let them out, don't let them do anything to the country."

We'd like to see who those "notes" were from.

Breitbart.tv » Gergen: Many Americans ‘Horrified’ At GOP Debate
From what I hear "MANY" Americans didn't watch it. It had less than stellar ratings.

Old 09-14-2011, 02:57 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,860,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Then why do people keep saying this tea party came before Obama. It did not. It was born out of pure racial hate of a black President but I constantly hear "but ron paul started it in 2007"an obvious lie.
People keep saying it because it's true, no matter how many times you say otherwise it will never become true. Only a complete moron would look at the FACTS and say it's a lie unless of course they wanted to believe it so badly that they lied to themselves which is what you seem to enjoy doing.

Old 09-14-2011, 03:31 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,300,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
People keep saying it because it's true, no matter how many times you say otherwise it will never become true. Only a complete moron would look at the FACTS and say it's a lie unless of course they wanted to believe it so badly that they lied to themselves which is what you seem to enjoy doing.
The Tea party did indeed come into being before Obama, in the last years of the Bush era actually. But they didn't start to grow exponentially until a black liberal was elected. Not every Tea Party member is driven to the cause by racism, but it is naive to believe there are not significant elements of the Tea Party that aren't there because of the color of the president's skin, or the Arabic sound of his name.

Old 09-14-2011, 05:19 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
So why did his group that he is the founder and leader of boo him. why is he not in the lead?

Old 09-14-2011, 05:21 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,538,908 times
Quote:
The Tea party did indeed come into being before Obama, in the last years of the Bush era actually. But they didn't start to grow exponentially until a black liberal was elected. Not every Tea Party member is driven to the cause by racism, but it is naive to believe there are not significant elements of the Tea Party that aren't there because of the color of the president's skin, or the Arabic sound of his name.
Exactly maybe someone else can get him to understand the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections