Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 12:50 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,553,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
isn't it a shame, you libs claim to be compassionate and open minded but you attack every chance you get. Legalizing drugs is something many beleive in, but let someone with views that differ from yours use pain meds or whatever and you can't wait to blast. I guess we know which party is really non judgemental and open minded and the first letter isn't D.

Nita
While I'm definitely not a hard line right winger I wouldn't call myself a liberal and I'm certainly not for legalizing hard drugs. I guess I'm more of a centrist/independent. I've voted both democrat and republican in the past. Why is it that you cannot poke fun at a right wing mouthpiece on City Data without being automatically labeled a liberal? People are not that simple. There are shades of gray. I'm sure their are plenty of right wingers out there who don't care for Rush either. I don't have a problem with his politics its just that self righteous, hypocritical blowhards don't rate high on my scale of admirable human beings.

Hypocrisy is a big turn off for most people. Rush used to routinely label the objects of his derision commie potheads (which I have to admit was funny) so to find out that he had a taste for the hard stuff was juicy indeed. And lets put things in perspective here: Rush wasn't just some poor slob abusing the meds he was prescribed, he was scoring additional supplies on the black market which means that he was pretty far gone. In other words, he had become a stoner -the very thing that he railed against on a daily basis. Oh sweet irony.

And by the way, I do have compassion, even for him. I'm on pain meds due to my own chronic health problems and do occasionally yield to the temptation to take an extra pill so I know how it goes, but I've yet to go search for a source on the streets -no dealer named Vinnie on my speed dial. Point being that it does not automatically lead to the kind of ravenous appetite that Rush had. Those with self control can still exercise it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 01:16 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,501,130 times
Quote:
isn't it a shame, you libs claim to be compassionate and open minded but you attack every chance you get. Legalizing drugs is something many beleive in, but let someone with views that differ from yours use pain meds or whatever and you can't wait to blast. I guess we know which party is really non judgemental and open minded and the first letter isn't D.

Nita
Apparently Limbaugh doesn't agree with you...

"We are becoming too tolerant as a society, folks, especially of crime, in too many parts of the country.... This country certainly appears to be tolerant, forgive and forget. I mean, you know as well as I do, you go out and commit the worst murder in the world and you just say you're sorry, people go, "Oh, OK. A little contrition."... People say, "I feel better. He said he's sorry for it." We're becoming too tolerant, folks." -- Rush Limbaugh

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh

Old 09-15-2011, 03:09 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekester View Post
While I'm definitely not a hard line right winger I wouldn't call myself a liberal and I'm certainly not for legalizing hard drugs. I guess I'm more of a centrist/independent. I've voted both democrat and republican in the past. Why is it that you cannot poke fun at a right wing mouthpiece on City Data without being automatically labeled a liberal? People are not that simple. There are shades of gray. I'm sure their are plenty of right wingers out there who don't care for Rush either. I don't have a problem with his politics its just that self righteous, hypocritical blowhards don't rate high on my scale of admirable human beings.

Hypocrisy is a big turn off for most people. Rush used to routinely label the objects of his derision commie potheads (which I have to admit was funny) so to find out that he had a taste for the hard stuff was juicy indeed. And lets put things in perspective here: Rush wasn't just some poor slob abusing the meds he was prescribed, he was scoring additional supplies on the black market which means that he was pretty far gone. In other words, he had become a stoner -the very thing that he railed against on a daily basis. Oh sweet irony.

And by the way, I do have compassion, even for him. I'm on pain meds due to my own chronic health problems and do occasionally yield to the temptation to take an extra pill so I know how it goes, but I've yet to go search for a source on the streets -no dealer named Vinnie on my speed dial. Point being that it does not automatically lead to the kind of ravenous appetite that Rush had. Those with self control can still exercise it.
Hypocricy is a big turnoff for most people but there is a huge difference in soneone getting hooked on percripstion drugs and having to break the habit (plus coming out with the problem) and someone using recreational drugs and getting hooked. I am not a Limbaugh supporter particularly, I think he is a little nutty truthfully or maybe just terribly arrogant, but I would never make slide comments about his drug recovery..

If what you say about your own use is true why did you find it necessary to throw in the comment? Comments like you made are more than poking fun.

Nita

Old 09-15-2011, 03:41 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,553,778 times
Quote:
Hypocricy is a big turnoff for most people but there is a huge difference in soneone getting hooked on percripstion drugs and having to break the habit (plus coming out with the problem) and someone using recreational drugs and getting hooked. I am not a Limbaugh supporter particularly, I think he is a little nutty truthfully or maybe just terribly arrogant, but I would never make slide comments about his drug recovery..

If what you say about your own use is true why did you find it necessary to throw in the comment? Comments like you made are more than poking fun.

Nita
As for my "use" I take Hydrocodone which is nowhere near as intoxicating as the Oxycontin that Rush was on. In fact, I can't even tell that I'm on it. Also, I'm not abusing the medication like he was. On the days when the pain gets really bad I take an extra pill, but my doctor is aware of this and even prescribes me a few extras for this reason. Not only was Rush on the strongest stuff out there he was also doubling up on the dose by scoring black market Oxy's. The point that I'm making is that at those levels Rush would have been quite stoned and it would have affected his judgement, but his listeners never seemed to notice and still tuned in for their daily dose of narcotic fueled lunacy. That is funny and that's why I made the comment.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:13 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,317,994 times
Quote:

Nita
If I remember correctly he didn't come out and admit he was abusing oxycontin, he was busted by a police sting operation.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,935,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
If I remember correctly he didn't come out and admit he was abusing oxycontin, he was busted by a police sting operation.

Limbaugh was too cowardly to even put in the effort to feed his own addiction. He was forcing his housekeeper to score for him.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:19 PM

24,537 posts, read 33,440,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA excuses excuses
You are overflowing with compassion to those who have or had back pain.

I have had acute back pain a few times. It only lasted 4-5 days each time but it was very painful.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:25 PM

24,537 posts, read 33,440,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnglishCream View Post
There's a difference between properly using pain meds and someone as hypocritical as Limbaugh is (his comments about drug abusers) improperly using them.
He was properly using it until addicted (which has happened to many, many others).

Fair.org?

Quote:
My wife has had rheumatoid arthritis for years and I'm sure is in worse pain daily than Rush ever was. No abuse whatsoever. He's weak and a coward - see his military record, or lack thereof.
How do you know how much pain Rush was in?

As for military record, compare Rush with a certain former president (Pres. #41)... Rush: did not serve; the "other one": an actual draft-dodger.

Old 09-15-2011, 05:25 PM

37,839 posts, read 41,193,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
“There are only two of them up there that I would have a problem being elected president of the United States.”

“The first conclusion I came to, Huntsman and Ron Paul need to quit the Republican Party"

Limbaugh: Huntsman, Paul Should Join Democratic Party
What I don't get is why Huntsman saying Obama is remarkable (and underlining it) has never come up in any of the debates. I can only conclude that no one thinks getting Huntsman's 1 percent, should he drop out, is worth the effort.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:45 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,553,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
As have many others with severe back pain.
That fat joke didn't have back pain. He just wanted to get high and go to child sex tourist destinations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections