Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 11:48 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,296,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
oh, and there is zero evidence that Perry is a liar. non. nada (bet that offended you) zilch.
So when he says he is anti-illegal immigration and he signs pro-illegal immigration bills you don't consider that lying?

You must have a different definition of lying than the rest of us...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 11:50 AM

20,503 posts, read 12,452,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
So when he says he is anti-illegal immigration and he signs pro-illegal immigration bills you don't consider that lying?

You must have a different definition of lying than the rest of us.
no i am smart enough to grasp nuance.

there is a difference between wanting to stop the flow of illegals and dealing with a large segment of the population that is not going anywhere that will be a greater and greater burden on society if we do not find a way improve their status.

and go ahead and reply. you get the last word. im not arguing this with you any longer. the points have been made. the discussion is over as far as I am concerned. and this thread isnt about that anyway.

Old 09-16-2011, 11:56 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,296,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
no i am smart enough to grasp nuance.

there is a difference between wanting to stop the flow of illegals and dealing with a large segment of the population that is not going anywhere that will be a greater and greater burden on society if we do not find a way improve their status.
The facts don't lie. No matter how much you want to pretend they don't exist.

By Rick Perry giving in-state tuition to illegals he is encouraging more of them to sneak into this country.

Oh, and I don't appreciate your insulting comments. If you don't want to look at facts, then I don't want to have a discussion with you.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:15 PM

43 posts, read 37,890 times
It's unbeleivable to me that even in this day and time in this country that the Republicans can still run an elaborate scheme against the President, all lies, and the people pretend they have no clue what's really going on. My problem is with the Speaker of the House, the man looks like his life has been threaten, if he doesn't do as he is told. I think President Obama will win because anybody with a little bit of common sense would have figured out by next election that the Republicans have already played their card. Everything they are saying/doing now about continuing to support the super rich and rich IS EXACTLY what they are GOING TO DO once they get back complete control of the White House. I only hope the majority of this country wakes up before then. May God bless us all.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:45 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,989,778 times
Default The know nothings.

My view - They are mostly know nothing candidates.

Romney- Have no idea as where he stands on anything. He purposefully vague. So without concrete proposals, I don't trust him.

Perry - Just George Bush 2.0. Maybe worse. I think we learned our lesson the first time on this fundie, neo-con.

Bacmann - Everyone knows that she is crazy. No chance of winning, but she is fun to watch. You never know what will come out of her mouth next. She really put the screws to Perry in the debate. So I like her for that.

Huntsman - The only candidate that does not bash intelligence, maybe he is the only candidate with intelligence. Would have a real chance to win, but very little chance of getting nomination.

Newt- Well is more immoral than Perry and that is saying something. He would never survive scrutiny of his Personal Life. He makes Edwards look like a choir boy.

Paul - Paul is a wildcard. He is the only candidate whose views on some of the issues appeal to liberals. He is for the most part a social liberal and anti-interventionalist. So big points for that; however, I worry that if he had a chance to get elected the NeoCons would use the mossad to take him out.

Old 09-16-2011, 12:56 PM

79,216 posts, read 61,326,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
To begin with, no Republican can claim to be better than Bush, since: 1) None of the candidates spoke out when Bush was wrecking the country and 2) None of the candidates acknowledge the reality that a Bush-damaged economy cannot be remedied and resuscitated by obstructing the President, proposing more cuts, and holding firm on rejecting all taxes. Republicans created the problems that plague this country today. They obviously are not capable of fixing what they don't know how to run or what they have broken.

1. Mitt Romney - People have long taken a gander at this stupid creature and soundly rejected him in '07. Spouts the usual GOP nonsense, crap that has never worked, and plans that are absolutely worthless in coping with a Bush-damaged economy. When it was discovered that Bush lied to go to war, he along with the others sat silently picking the toe jam from his toes. Acts like a pompous, arrogrant airhead. Struts around like he's already wrapped up the nomination, as if someone told him that by merely "looking presidential", he has it wrapped up. What a fool. What a goon. Does nothing to dispel the notion that the GOP is the party that supports bigotry and racial insensitivity. Clueless on civil rights. He is far inferior to President Obama.

2. Rick Perry - What rock did he crawl out from under? Good ol boy, rugged, manly, macho, tough, farmer john neanderthal. Better suited for shoveling cow manure on somebody's ranch. Only one state benefited from the disastrous policies of the village idiot, and Texas was it. Perry somehow thinks being the Governor during this time qualifies him to run the country. Wants to get rid of Social Security. Same old GOP crap. Same as Romney. Both a different shade of brown BS. Represents Dubya II. Does nothing to dispel the notion that the GOP is the party that supports bigotry and racial insensitivity. Clueless on civil rights. President Obama easily annihilates this rampaging caveman.

3. Michelle Bachmann - Shames the dignity of the political process by her very presence like Palin. Looks like she wears a mop on her head. Somebody told her that if she looks like a MILF that is easily picked up in a bar, she has a chance to be elected and supported by the tea party. Self-proclaimed leader of the repulsive tea party. Tea party stinks. Simple-minded rhetoric. Focuses on "Obamacare" even though it has not been implemented. So shallow in her message and completely void of novel, creative, helpful ideas, that she's frequently seen standing around babbling about President Obama being a "one-term President." She's a pathetic figure, completely out of her element, and her numbers show this. She's in decline. Good for her because she doesn't stand any more of a chance against President Obama than Tonya Harding.

4. Hermain Cain - This guy belongs on the battlefield, stopping enemy fire with his bare hands, and scaring the hell out of the enemy with his flaring nostrils, and angry rhetoric. Maybe even be able to stop a tank with that large, empty noggin. Presents his case strongly, as if he will kill you if you don't buy into his Conservative crap. He's a misguided black man in a party that despises his race. This man can't be taken seriously, and he's not. Not by his party, not by the polls. Privately, members of his own party are disgusted with his very presence, appalled that he has the nerve to consider himself an equal. He rants on with GOP idiocy, trying desperately to avoid the question of why he is a member of a party that promotes racism against people who look just like him. A pathetic figure. Thumbs down.

5. John Huntsman. - Presents his ideas well. Poised, classy, the anti-Perry. He looks Presidential, almost too soft in his demeanor. One gets the impression that he gets facials every night and takes baths in Jergens lotion. His delivery does appear very rehearsed and contrived, punch lines well rehearsed and delivered with excellent timing. He was the Governor of a state that consistently votes the same as the Klan. Does nothing to dispel the notion that the GOP is the party that supports bigotry and racial insensitivity. Clueless on civil rights. The lack of support is doing him a favor. Matched up against the superior President Obama, we are spared the scene of him crying while getting annihilated.

6. Rick Santorum - not a chance in hell. Campaigns like he's running in Quicksand. Represents a repulsive, bigoted ideology with all the problems previously described here. No.

7. Newt Gingrich - Racist, ignorant, elderly imbecile. A repulsive Neocon, he doesn't even belong in the public eye. Hurts to even address him here. He's a non-factor and an embarrassment to the development of mankind. No.

8. Ron Paul - Worst of all. A severe racist. An educated ignoramus. A fringe candidate with a cult following. Soundly rejected in '07, he is well on his way to getting the boot again. He has no more business in this race than Yosemite Sam.

Tremendous edge to President Obama. GOP obstructionist tactics, deceptive marketing, tea party downgrade, and more Bush, cannot unseat this President. Problems during his presidency easily attributable to the most pathetic version of the Conservative ideology since Jim Crow.

President Obama here through 2016!
This is funny because you would vote democrat even if the candidate showed up at your house, murdered your family and raped your dog.

You used to be strong anti-war and said there was no excuse for continuing it and now say you will vote Obama no matter what.

Don't worry though, people like you and Palin supporters are on the same side of the coin....no matter what they have zippo credibility on this topic.

Thinking moderates will decide and currently, we don't like Bush 3.0. Now, we aren't going to go for a Bachman etc. which is why the whole thread concept is stupid in the first place listing people like Newt etc. but Romney would probably beat Obama but most of the posters here are too delusional to see how that is possible. Heck, they can't even see that they are supporting Bush 3.0 because as long as he has a (D) at the end of his name his actions are moot. This is proven.

Old 09-16-2011, 01:02 PM

79,216 posts, read 61,326,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
1. Mitt Romney
Lets be real Mitt on the outside and his presidental looks fits the mold of what the media would like to cover. Also Mitt follows the typical republican mold. Against taxes on corporations, Against regulations, and less taxes, "smaller government". Mitt is really not a conservative and is a moderate republican who will use the power of governmnet to make changes he sees fit. Most of these changes are mandates, destorying individual freedoms and giving many in the corporate and government lairs free passes. He has alot of experience shirking businesses and shipping jobs overseas. We have a job problem here not in India.
So if you want someone who will likely just give wall street what they want, support the FED, continue bailouts and call them tax cuts vote for Romeny. Also watch how in the age of the tea party how his answered have changed from 2008 to now. Obama will win against Mitt because the independents wouldn't be able to see much of a different between them and wont be interested in returning to the BUSH republicans.
This is the dumbest post I've read in a long time.

1) You have no idea how an independant thinks. That's like saying a dog knows how a human thinks.

2) RETURNING to Bush? Really? We never left....which is why Bush 3.0 is in a world of hurt unless he makes some changes before 2012.

You guys are so blindly loyal you can't even see that nothing has really changed. Bush tax cuts? Wars? Guantanamo? Corporations wrote the healthcare plan. Immelt, king of outsourcing....goldman sachs guys in key roles.

The only things I'm hearing is that we have to vote for Obama because the other candidates are going to do the same things he has been doing.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:02 PM

37,955 posts, read 17,978,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Well, I for one agree with this post. You would think that in a nation of over 300 million you would be able to come up with at least one half way decent person to run for the conservative cause. You can't because the GOP is not conservative. They are the closest thing to a right wing Facist party that I have ever seen in a mojor country in this modern era. They even use Hitler's most successful gambit. "If you tell the same lie over and over again, most of the people will eventually believe it. I listen to these people and I don't think I have ever heard one word of truth out of them for decades. You know that it's possible to have true conservatives that believe in conservative philosophy and yet still represent the interests of all the people.

That kind of conservative does not exist in the GOP. If he did he would be shunned because the GOP is not about representing anyone but their masters and that is what makes them facists. They don't give one single hoot about the people of the USA and that is so clear that people who can't see it are either blind, self delussioned, ignorant or just plain stupid.

I can surely understand the dilemma that must present for people who truely believe in conservativitism. They can't support the democrats with their left of center policies and therefore they have no alternative but to vote for the "So called" conservative GOP.

Personally I'm a left of center conservative and yes that position is possible and we have millions of them here in Canada. We have a viable choice though because we have 3 major parties. Right, center and left. In the USA you only have two bad choices. The near facist GOP or the too far to the left Democrats.
Your post also means very little. You made things up, you threw mud and hoped it stuck.
I do not give any credibility to posts that fail to mention Ron Paul when talking about conservative republican candidates. When someone mentions conservatives and fails to mention Ron Pauls name they are either uninformed, don't know what the word conservative means, or so biased there is no need to pay attention to the talking head points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections