Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2011, 07:55 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,697,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Keep dreaming.

14 months from now, we'll be on the brink of a depression.
You seem to really think the economy is Obama's fault. Do you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2011, 07:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,074,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
There was a recent election in NY that indicates one of his base groupd has strayed..........
If NY-09 has become "difficult" for the democrats, can you just imagine all the other districts, especially the ones still occupied by a dem but that lean right?

Old 09-16-2011, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
There's a 52% disapproval of Obama now but only 19% of Dems are included in that...right.

From recent public disgust and bad political and not well received ideas of late along with recent elections I was sure this thread had to be old as it doesn't seem to be what I'm hearing and seeing from others for quite some time now.
According to the latest polls, Obama still has his base locked up and he's leading Perry -- so, revise your ideas in light of new information. Things don't look rosy for Obama by any means. As other posters have noted, the NYC election is a bad indicator for him, but according to other indicators he's still very competitive.

27,396 posts, read 15,508,510 times
You mean other districts that don't even number the 3 to 1 in Dems favor like the 9th?

20,947 posts, read 19,116,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Swag, I'm with you. The independents are going to decide this thing, and right now they are very soft on Obama. The point I'm making is that the recent storyline that Obama's base has abandoned him is not true. He's still got his base locked up. He needs to go out and make a very strong case to the independents if he wants to win this thing.

Personally, I think Obama can't beat Romney. Romney will when the independents and keep the teajadists because they hate Obama. I think Obama is going to do pretty well in a match up against Perry though, as the latest polls indicate.
obama is done.

He has shot his load.

He golfed, his family traveled, they ate well.

He had a good run (personally).

For the country, he was a disaster.

jimmy carter thanks him very much....what he did looks like pure heaven compared to obama.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:59 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,807,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If NY-09 has become "difficult" for the democrats, can you just imagine all the other districts, especially the ones still occupied by a dem but that lean right?

Yeah, I can't believe the lefties are putting a happy face on this. Heck, mainstream Dems are very concerned.

Old 09-16-2011, 07:59 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,074,672 times
Quote:
According to the latest polls, Obama still has his base locked up and he's leading Perry -- so, revise your ideas in light of new information. Things don't look rosy for Obama by any means. As other posters have noted, the NYC election is a bad indicator for him, but according to other indicators he's still very competitive.
Sorry, but you really need to check out some of the STATE polls.

Obama is under 50% approval in CALIFORNIA. In OH, PA, IA, NC, VA, FL, it's even worse.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:01 PM

27,396 posts, read 15,508,510 times
Quote:

A continuation of the protest registered last November that is not slowing down I assure you.

If any on my job (including many other companies) support Obama they must be ashamed to admit it as in the many conversations there is no one saying anything in his defense or support of his ideas.

Rather I hear how sick of them people are.

I'll put my confidence in what I see everyday in the real world not any poll.

Old 09-16-2011, 08:01 PM

46,445 posts, read 27,316,718 times
Quote:
The repubs do not have a person who has won the primary. Who cares about "right now" or "what" the polls are saying....

Oh wait...the left does..

Old 09-16-2011, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Sorry, but you really need to check out some of the STATE polls.

Obama is under 50% approval in CALIFORNIA. In OH, PA, IA, NC, VA, FL, it's even worse.
California is my home state... if you think Californians are going to vote for Rick Perry ..lololololololol! Not going to happen.

If Obama is doing so poorly in the polls, why does he now lead Perry nationally?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections