Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 07:43 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,638,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Even with 9/11 this country was in far better shape during Bush's presidency than it is now.
I bet all those millions who lost their jobs, their homes, their savings, and their retirements would beg to differ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 07:49 AM

283 posts, read 410,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Heck, it took WWII to "fix" the Great Depression, and yet you call Obama "failed", for what?.... for not instantly cleaning up the several major piles of crap left behind by his esteemed Republican predecessor?!! "Huh, Dubya who, we disowned him... and we're not really Republicans anymore, we're Independents now!"

And BTW, does it get any more pathetic than begging, "oh, and since we can't find even a single credible candidate of our own, we think the Dems should please handicap themselves and offer us someone that one of our sideshow freaks might actually be able to beat!"
When a sitting president has to fix problems that bush left him and fight a party that just wants to see the black man fail because it kills them to see a black man run this white man's country. He has a lot to fix with all these tax cuts and the crap bush messed up. He can't fix something in four years that the rep's want work with him to fix this country's mess. I will be voting for Obama again. I am willing to give him another chance and I am a white woman with a education that lets me know that it takes time and togetherness to get it done.

Old 09-19-2011, 07:57 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,686,507 times
Quote:
But he is not beating all of the candidates. Romney is leading Obama in recent polls. It is not good for a sitting president to even be running close to candidates just starting to run for the nomination.
True. As several of us have been saying, Romney would probably beat Obama, and Obama would probably beat Perry. Yet, the Republic Party seems pretty intent on nominating Perry. Now who is the party of stupid again?

Old 09-19-2011, 08:04 AM

3,504 posts, read 3,936,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Actually I believed Obama would win the election in 08.. I think he will lose the next one. I believed then as I believe now that McCain was the weakest in the field that the GOP had in 08 and was basically Obama light. Yes I live in Texas and I travel from coast to coast. I talk to people from every area of the country. Everywhere I listen, I hear the dissatisfaction with this administration. From Virginia to Az, to Indiana and Kansas... I don't say much to these people, but I listen. Guess what... Your turd is gonna get flushed... Here is another news flash for you... I'm not even a republican.. I'm a libertarian.
I still say don't underestimate Rick Perry.. He has a way of pulling his fat out of the fire. Do I support him? No I don't and while you have found posts where I have said he has a shot, you won't find one that says I support him for a number of reasons.
you dont "support" him, but will still vote for perry, so what does it matter anyways?

people on both parties gotta quit with the plantation mindset.

just because your party nominates one guy doesnt mean you have to run and do what they say and vote for him.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:14 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,465,840 times
Quote:
Even with 9/11 this country was in far better shape during Bush's presidency than it is now.

Well, until the last year of Bush's term. It took the pubs awhile to sink the world's biggest economy, but mission accomplished. And now their proposed "fix" for the economy they tanked is to repeat their performance.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:41 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,200,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I bet all those millions who lost their jobs, their homes, their savings, and their retirements would beg to differ.

Since most of them lost them during Obama's adminstration, I doubt it.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Well, until the last year of Bush's term. It took the pubs awhile to sink the world's biggest economy, but mission accomplished. And now their proposed "fix" for the economy they tanked is to repeat their performance.

So, when a Republican gets back in as President and it starts to turn around and recover, how will you give credit to the Democrats for that? The housing crisis was the downfall of this economy and it was caused by policies of the Clinton administration.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC2coolmom View Post
When a sitting president has to fix problems that bush left him and fight a party that just wants to see the black man fail because it kills them to see a black man run this white man's country. He has a lot to fix with all these tax cuts and the crap bush messed up. He can't fix something in four years that the rep's want work with him to fix this country's mess. I will be voting for Obama again. I am willing to give him another chance and I am a white woman with a education that lets me know that it takes time and togetherness to get it done.

The black excuse is getting really old. If this country was as racist as people like you espouse, they never would have elected a black man to the highest office in the land. The perception that he is doing a bad job has nothing to do with his race.

Old 09-19-2011, 02:56 PM

25,834 posts, read 20,774,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Heck, it took WWII to "fix" the Great Depression, and yet you call Obama "failed", for what?.... for not instantly cleaning up the several major piles of crap left behind by his esteemed Republican predecessor?!! "Huh, Dubya who, we disowned him... and we're not really Republicans anymore, we're Independents now!"

And BTW, does it get any more pathetic than begging, "oh, and since we can't find even a single credible candidate of our own, we think the Dems should please handicap themselves and offer us someone that one of our sideshow freaks might actually be able to beat!"
Nicely done

I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Alan Grayson, Bernie Sanders, Bob Feingold or even the mad doctor Howard Dean make some noise and/or do some fact-finding if only to let the president know that he needs to stop appeasing the far-right.
I don't think any of them would have much of a chance but, I would like to feel like there is someone out there more closely aligned with my interests. And at least Alan Grayson would give the media the side-show they seem to hanker for.

Old 09-19-2011, 03:43 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,876,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Nicely done

I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Alan Grayson, Bernie Sanders, Bob Feingold or even the mad doctor Howard Dean make some noise and/or do some fact-finding if only to let the president know that he needs to stop appeasing the far-right.
I don't think any of them would have much of a chance but, I would like to feel like there is someone out there more closely aligned with my interests. And at least Alan Grayson would give the media the side-show they seem to hanker for.

I would love to see Alan Grayson run against Obama. His antics would most definately prove entertaining considering the fact that no one can say a word about Obama's policies without being called a racist as TC3 coolmom so aptly pointed out.

Dems would have to do a hellufan about face on that rhetoric. Not that that would be unheard of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections