U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2011, 06:20 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,507,343 times

Advertisements

http://www.catholic.org/politics/story.php?id=42906

Obama losing ground to Sarah Palin?

According to a new poll, Obama may be a one-termer. A McClatchey-Marist poll finds that Obama's position is eroding steadily and that even Sarah Palin may be gaining ground.

Poll results show Palin trails Obama by only 5 percentage points, despite the fact she isn't running.

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The poll finds that most voters believe that he'll lose the election. A solid group is saying they will vote against him, and most Republican contenders are gaining ground on him.

Sarah Palin was the poll's biggest surprise. While the former Alaska Governor isn't officially running for President, she has been touring the country and promoting herself nonetheless. The latest poll has her only 5 percentage points behind Obama, after trailing him by as much as twenty points earlier in the year.

Palin now leads Obama amongst independent voters, a key swing block.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-21-2011 at 12:04 PM.. Reason: copyright
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 08:44 AM

5,561 posts, read 5,429,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Obama losing ground to Sarah Palin? - Politics & Policy - Catholic Online

According to a new poll, Obama may be a one-termer. A McClatchey-Marist poll finds that Obama's position is eroding steadily and that even Sarah Palin may be gaining ground.

Poll results show Palin trails Obama by only 5 percentage points, despite the fact she isn't running.

LOS ANGELES, CA (Catholic Online) - The poll finds that most voters believe that he'll lose the election. A solid group is saying they will vote against him, and most Republican contenders are gaining ground on him.

Sarah Palin was the poll's biggest surprise. While the former Alaska Governor isn't officially running for President, she has been touring the country and promoting herself nonetheless. The latest poll has her only 5 percentage points behind Obama, after trailing him by as much as twenty points earlier in the year.

Its time to close shop. America is done.
No matter who wins as PRESIDENT nothing will ever change.

I will not state the reasons because its pointless.

Individual liberty is gone welcome to end of freedom as we ONCE knew it.

It appears its goint to take another 4 years of OBAMA for the republicans to get rid of the stupid people they want to run in the primaries.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:20 AM

12,771 posts, read 7,403,683 times
Just when you thought it couldnt get worse than the back to back clownery of Bush and Obama, people are actually looking for the Trifecta of stupidity? Really?

Old 09-21-2011, 11:03 AM

12,771 posts, read 7,403,683 times
I've drawn conclusions based on what I have seen, read, and heard from various sources, including herself. I take media as one input into the conclusions that I draw, however I have my own thoughts and opinions on economics and other things that are vastly different from hers that influence my opinion of her. My one opinion of her that you might find at least interesting is that I've always felt she was wrongly lambasted for being unqualified as compared to Obama. I think she had 100x more/better experience than he did, she just has plenty of other issues though.

And a side note, I put a lot of thought into my opinion of her because in the beginning I had high hopes, especially when it was rumored that Ron Paul might select her as a running mate if he got that far. You might want to consider thinking more about things before you shoot your mouth off and call people dumb because I could care less about what some reactive immature person on a message board thinks of me, but you look and sound foolish with your response and your statement is more of a negative reflection on your own self than it is on me.

Last edited by CaseyB; 09-21-2011 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: response to deleted post

Old 09-21-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I'm not repeating anyone's narrative.

I've drawn conclusions based on what I have seen, read, and heard from various sources, including herself. I take media as one input into the conclusions that I draw, however I have my own thoughts and opinions on economics and other things that are vastly different from hers that influence my opinion of her. My one opinion of her that you might find at least interesting is that I've always felt she was wrongly lambasted for being unqualified as compared to Obama. I think she had 100x more/better experience than he did, she just has plenty of other issues though.

And a side note, I put a lot of thought into my opinion of her because in the beginning I had high hopes, especially when it was rumored that Ron Paul might select her as a running mate if he got that far. You might want to consider thinking more about things before you shoot your mouth off and call people dumb because I could care less about what some reactive immature person on a message board thinks of me, but you look and sound foolish with your response and your statement is more of a negative reflection on your own self than it is on me.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:14 PM

10,876 posts, read 13,170,595 times
Quote:

This has got the be the biggest reach and cherry picked opinion piece i've seen from the right in,...hours!
While yes the one pull has her losing by 5%, every other poll, including the hard right leading rasmussen have her trailing from 12-14%
RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
Though please elect and support Palin. She would be the greatest gift with a big bow on top the right has ever given the democrats to guarantee a landslide Obama victory

Old 09-21-2011, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
This has got the be the biggest reach and cherry picked opinion piece i've seen from the right in,...hours!
While yes the one pull has her losing by 5%, every other poll, including the hard right leading rasmussen have her trailing from 12-14%
RealClearPolitics - President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
Though please elect and support Palin. She would be the greatest gift with a big bow on top the right has ever given the democrats to guarantee a landslide Obama victory
Why don't you check out the latest Ron Paul numbers. 6% in 6th place.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...ential_primary

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey of Likely GOP Primary voters shows Perry with 28% support and Romney capturing 24%. Before Perry entered his first debate, the Texan held an eleven point advantage over Romney, 29% to 18%.
Trailing far behind the frontrunners are former House Speaker Newt Gingrich at nine percent (9%), Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann at eight percent (8%), Georgia businessman Herman Cain with seven percent (7%) support and Texas Congressman Ron Paul who earns six percent (6%). Rick Santorum, former U.S. senator from Pennsylvania, draws the vote from three percent (3%) while ex-Utah Governor Jon Huntsman draws support from two percent (2%). Michigan Congressman Thad McCotter comes in with just one percent (1%) of the vote. Another 11% of GOP voters are undecided at this time. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Old 09-21-2011, 01:14 PM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,299 posts, read 13,430,208 times
Quote:

.....Palin now leads Obama amongst independent voters, a key swing block.
Oh, don't say that. It's kind of like saying that Obama is losing to a perky high school cheerleader who gets straight "C" averages.

I'm sure she'd make a fine PTA leader or president of a Home Owner's Association, but for goodness' sake, she's just not intelligent to lead this country. Even if there have to be Republicans and Tea Partyers running for high office, there are plenty of them smarter and more informed than her .... it shows the poor education of the current conservative electorate that they'd even consider someone for President who wouldn't have been fit to serve coffee to someone like Eisenhower.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections