Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 04:31 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,460,850 times

Advertisements

I just downloaded and heard on the tape of Peter Schiff's radio show (that you all can hear too for the rest of tonight at Peter Schiff - The official site for the Peter Schiff Show) that he is having Gary Johnson on as a guest on his radio show (that happened this AM obviously as I'm listening to the tape).

Anyway, if you want some interesting background talk while you fix dinner or eat dinner, I recommend checking it out. I can't wait to hear what Johnson says. Too bad he and Ron Paul aren't the only Republicans running against Ralph Nader and some other sane moral Liberty Loving Democrat.

Gary Johnson's positions are very similar to Ron Paul's except he isn't strongly pro-life. However, he, as past governor of New Mexico has the executive experience and a STELLAR track record doing great things for NM that some of you doubting Thomases think is a prerequisite for any presidential candidate.

Also Johnson's record as governor BLOWS AWAY the other candidates who were governors on Jobs creation- INCLUDING Rick Perry's.

Last edited by emilybh; 09-21-2011 at 06:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 05:59 PM

Evidently the requirements to be in the debates are that a candidate has to have received 1% in the past 5 national polls and it turns out that Gary Johnson has done that and EXCEEDED Jon Huntsman in many polls but only NOW are they letting Gary Johnson in.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:04 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,981,656 times
I like Gary, from what I know of him anyway.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:43 PM

I don't think Ron Paul needs to worry about Gary Johnson. I think voters who like Ron Paul but that might be supporting other candidates because Ron Paul was never a "governor" might now switch from Huntsman, Perry or Romney over to Johnson.

Old 09-21-2011, 09:54 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I don't think Ron Paul needs to worry about Gary Johnson. I think voters who like Ron Paul but that might be supporting other candidates because Ron Paul was never a "governor" might now switch from Huntsman, Perry or Romney over to Johnson.
Right, Ron paul...in 6th place...with only 6% of republican support, doesn't need to worry about any candidates....and none of them are worried about Ron Paul!

Old 09-21-2011, 10:35 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,877,697 times
Ok you got me;who is Peter Schiff and what state is gary Johnson governor of. never heard of either.

Old 09-21-2011, 10:40 PM

1,045 posts, read 2,658,476 times
Gary Johnson is a neat candidate and I would seriously consider him based on what I've read and heard from him. He is another example of a Republican that understands what being a Republican is REALLY about ... but he has the same problem as most of the other candidates ... he has no money, no name recognition, and no real oomph to impress Big Media with. It's almost a waste of time talking about this guy but I would almost like to think otherwise.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Ok you got me;who is Peter Schiff and what state is gary Johnson governor of. never heard of either.
Peter Schiff is author of Crash Proof and How an Economy Grows and Why it Crashes and others... and is an internationally recognized expert on our economy and economics in general. He owns an international brokerage firm and he was an economics operations manager for Ron Paul in his first campaign.

He is an Austrian Economist and predicted all of the booms and busts we've had. If you go on YouTube and search his name, be sure to watch the "Peter Schiff was right" montages which are clips of all the shows he was on CNBC, MSNBC, etc etc which sometimes include clips of Ben Bernanke right before and after where Schiff calls it right and rightly criticizes the Fed Chairman on his appraisal of the economy and Bernanke continually either lies or gets it WRONG. Of course the the other so called "experts" who only know Keynsian Economics (borrow and spend) all laughed and ridiculed Peter when it turned out they were all wrong and Peter was right.

Peter Schiff was Right Again - Part 1 of 2 - YouTube

Peter Schiff was right again Part 2 of 2 - YouTube

Bernanke was wrong while Peter Schiff was right - YouTube

Gary Johnson was governor of New Mexico and when he was governor there for two terms there was an 11.6% increase in jobs growth. His record in NM practically puts Perry's to shame.

Gary Johnson | Job Creation | New Mexico | The Daily Caller

Last edited by emilybh; 09-22-2011 at 09:42 AM..

Old 09-22-2011, 09:39 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I just downloaded and heard on the tape of Peter Schiff's radio show (that you all can hear too for the rest of tonight at Peter Schiff - The official site for the Peter Schiff Show) that he is having Gary Johnson on as a guest on his radio show (that happened this AM obviously as I'm listening to the tape).

Anyway, if you want some interesting background talk while you fix dinner or eat dinner, I recommend checking it out. I can't wait to hear what Johnson says. Too bad he and Ron Paul aren't the only Republicans running against Ralph Nader and some other sane moral Liberty Loving Democrat.

Gary Johnson's positions are very similar to Ron Paul's except he isn't strongly pro-life. However, he, as past governor of New Mexico has the executive experience and a STELLAR track record doing great things for NM that some of you doubting Thomases think is a prerequisite for any presidential candidate.

Also Johnson's record as governor BLOWS AWAY the other candidates who were governors on Jobs creation- INCLUDING Rick Perry's.
let me say a a couple things: we lived in NM when he was governor and yes, he was a great governor, but you can't begin to compare his job creation success with others in the past 5 years: he was heading up the state of NM during the height of the hay days in the job market, those that are governors now are suffering from the total collapse of the market. Can Perry take full credit, by himself for what has happened in Texas, of course not but when you are the leader the credit goes to that person, and visa versa, things to wrong, the leader has to take the blame.

Nita

Old 09-22-2011, 09:42 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caldus View Post
Gary Johnson is a neat candidate and I would seriously consider him based on what I've read and heard from him. He is another example of a Republican that understands what being a Republican is REALLY about ... but he has the same problem as most of the other candidates ... he has no money, no name recognition, and no real oomph to impress Big Media with. It's almost a waste of time talking about this guy but I would almost like to think otherwise.
Too bad this wasn't about 8 years ago. You are right, he has no money, and no name recognition and has been out of the limelight way too long.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections