Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win today's GOP debate?
Perry 3 5.45%
Romney 15 27.27%
Bachman 1 1.82%
Gingrich 3 5.45%
Paul 25 45.45%
Cain 6 10.91%
Huntsman 2 3.64%
Santorum 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 02:43 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,470,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince40000 View Post
i think romney
Your poll here on City-Data turns out to be pretty representative of all the polls taken after the debate where tens of thousands of people voted in some of these polls. Ron Paul won every single one in spite of them only giving him 4.5 minutes to speak during the debate.

I think Americans can tell that he is the only one that can lead us out of the hole we are in.

The Daily Paul website had links to five of them and I voted in all of them and saw with my own eyes Ron Paul had won them all. But he's taken them down and replaced it (hopefully only temporarily) with a post debatevideo of Ron Paul being interviewed by Sean Hannity after the debate and another with Judge Napolitano and Juan Williams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 03:04 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,578,185 times
Republicans jumped on the Perry bandwagon. Now he's pretty much a goner, as I (and anyone else who has lived in Texas) had predicted all along.

Now let's watch as the Republicans latch on to Ron Paul. Sure, he has no shot, but let's latch on to him anyways.

Ron Paul is too old to attract independents. Also, he is from Texas. Not a good place to be if you are trying to attract independent voters.

Now would I be shocked if the GOP were foolish enough to nominate Perry? Not at all. It sure would say a lot about the GOP to the rest of the country if they wind up doing so, however.

Romney gets the nod, more than likely. If this occurs, it could be very bad news for the GOP.

Romney could very well lose his own state. News of this would break during voting for a large portion of the country. Imagine how much such a scenario would hurt Romney.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:34 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,470,909 times
Why does Ron Paul "have no chance" if "everyone is latching on to him"???

Old 09-23-2011, 04:17 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,967,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Republicans jumped on the Perry bandwagon. Now he's pretty much a goner, as I (and anyone else who has lived in Texas) had predicted all along.

Now let's watch as the Republicans latch on to Ron Paul. Sure, he has no shot, but let's latch on to him anyways.

Ron Paul is too old to attract independents. Also, he is from Texas. Not a good place to be if you are trying to attract independent voters.

Now would I be shocked if the GOP were foolish enough to nominate Perry? Not at all. It sure would say a lot about the GOP to the rest of the country if they wind up doing so, however.

Romney gets the nod, more than likely. If this occurs, it could be very bad news for the GOP.

Romney could very well lose his own state. News of this would break during voting for a large portion of the country. Imagine how much such a scenario would hurt Romney.
So, it's all doom and gloom for the GOP no matter what. And it's all roses for Obama and the Dems. Got it.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:18 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,967,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Your poll here on City-Data turns out to be pretty representative of all the polls taken after the debate where tens of thousands of people voted in some of these polls. Ron Paul won every single one in spite of them only giving him 4.5 minutes to speak during the debate.

I think Americans can tell that he is the only one that can lead us out of the hole we are in.

The Daily Paul website had links to five of them and I voted in all of them and saw with my own eyes Ron Paul had won them all. But he's taken them down and replaced it (hopefully only temporarily) with a post debatevideo of Ron Paul being interviewed by Sean Hannity after the debate and another with Judge Napolitano and Juan Williams.
The people taking those polls must not have paid very close attention to the debate.

As I said earlier, Ron Paul was incoherent and seemed senile. He clearly won NOBODY over except those already drinking the Paul koolaid.

Old 09-23-2011, 04:39 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,180,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post

The media is still pulling for Perry, particularly Fox News. They are in the tank. Doesn't matter whether he is up to the job or not. He is the pick of the litter. It is early yet so there could be hope.

Massachusetts is about one of the bluest states around, if it went red even for Romney that would almost be miraculous. I don't see how he even the governors race. The last time in recent years it went red was in 1980 and 1984 for Reagan when almost every state voted red. Mondale ony carried one state. George H. W. Bush didn't even carry it in 1988.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:09 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Sure are a majority of Ron Paul lovers here!

Old 09-23-2011, 05:31 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post

You do realize online polls aren't actual Scientific polling right?? And I thought it was Perry who didn't believe in Science....

Old 09-23-2011, 05:39 PM

22,198 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Explain what he hates?
Its quite obvious Santorum hates gays.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:46 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,322,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Its quite obvious Santorum hates gays.
Dislikes, not hates.

Gays can do their un natural thing but let them do whatever they want as long as they dont push their weirdness on me.

Santorum like the majority of us believe a marriage is between and man and a woman and gays are trying to force their own issues on us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections