Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who will win today's GOP debate?
Perry 3 5.45%
Romney 15 27.27%
Bachman 1 1.82%
Gingrich 3 5.45%
Paul 25 45.45%
Cain 6 10.91%
Huntsman 2 3.64%
Santorum 0 0%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 05:53 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,453,158 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Dislikes, not hates.

Gays can do their un natural thing but let them do whatever they want as long as they dont push their weirdness on me.

Santorum like the majority of us believe a marriage is between and man and a woman and gays are trying to force their own issues on us.
Yeah, and no doubt the South felt the same way about those uppity slaves...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2011, 06:40 PM

22,181 posts, read 19,453,569 times
Quote:
Dislikes, not hates.

Gays can do their un natural thing but let them do whatever they want as long as they dont push their weirdness on me.

Santorum like the majority of us believe a marriage is between and man and a woman and gays are trying to force their own issues on us.
1. Equal rights is not pushing something on you.

2 Polls show now a majority of Americans support gay marriage.

3. I wasn't even referring to gay marriage, but rather Santorum's response to a question on DADT, and the booing of a soldier by the crowd (the repeal of DADT btw has massive support by the American people)

4. When you make comparisons between consensual relationships between adults to bestiality well its pure and simple hate.

Old 09-23-2011, 07:06 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,562,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
So, it's all doom and gloom for the GOP no matter what. And it's all roses for Obama and the Dems. Got it.
Not at all. If the Republicans had the sense to latch onto Huntsman, for example....

Old 09-23-2011, 07:08 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,562,340 times
Quote:
Dislikes, not hates.

Perhaps your side is forcing your own issues on them.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:24 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,165,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Not at all. If the Republicans had the sense to latch onto Huntsman, for example....

Never gonna happen.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:18 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,523 times
Quote:
Now let's watch as the Republicans latch on to Ron Paul. Sure, he has no shot, but let's latch on to him anyways.

Ron Paul is too old to attract independents. Also, he is from Texas. Not a good place to be if you are trying to attract independent voters.
Independent voters don't like older folks or TX Imagine - how much the scenario of a failed presidency hurts Obama

I think you need a shot of something

Old 09-24-2011, 10:07 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,605,811 times
Quote:
Republicans jumped on the Perry bandwagon. Now he's pretty much a goner, as I (and anyone else who has lived in Texas) had predicted all along.

Now let's watch as the Republicans latch on to Ron Paul. Sure, he has no shot, but let's latch on to him anyways.

Ron Paul is too old to attract independents. Also, he is from Texas. Not a good place to be if you are trying to attract independent voters.

Now would I be shocked if the GOP were foolish enough to nominate Perry? Not at all. It sure would say a lot about the GOP to the rest of the country if they wind up doing so, however.

Romney gets the nod, more than likely. If this occurs, it could be very bad news for the GOP.

Romney could very well lose his own state. News of this would break during voting for a large portion of the country. Imagine how much such a scenario would hurt Romney.

You have no clue about Ron Paul's base!!!

It only gets bigger and bigger as the fake's show their asses on that stage.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:52 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,771,151 times
I didn't get to watch the debate, I didn't even know there was one on television that Thursday. I will watch it online.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections