Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 05:13 PM

154 posts, read 217,796 times

Advertisements

I just had a BRILLIANT IDEA.

Okay, so over the past while i've been following some of Ron Paul's ideas on state vs federal government, spending, taxation, etc and so on. Check out THIS IDEA.... THIS IS BRILLIANT!

Okay, so lets elect Ron Paul. THEN we make sure he removes foreign aid for Israel - BUT - only at the federal level. Let's see how much money the STATE governments give to Israel when all is said and done.

Perhaps, even BETTER, lets see how much money Israel receives in donations privately from supporters.

For some reason, I don't see Hannity, O'Reilly, or Beck donating a whole hell of a lot of money to Israel out of their own pockets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 05:15 PM

37,955 posts, read 17,978,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post

So essentially you are admitting he's a lap dog for Israel?

You said I was wrong, and then went on to verify I was right.
thats our quality guy, try not to confuse him

Old 09-24-2011, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Your false accusations and your personal attacks...are meritless! I have no further reason to talk with you! - Shalom
Why does Dr Joey get to be the lucky one?

Old 09-24-2011, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Then the US should stop giving "aid" to Israel's enemies (who own massive amounts of precious oil) and meddling in the countries around Israel. We haven't been the "friend" we claim to be.

If Iran attacks Israel, we should act like an ally and defend her. But no need to keep doing what we're doing until an actual act of war has been committed, right?
Agreed. Israel would annihilate them without our help. If anything we hold Israel back. Let the big dog hunt.

I'll go a step further, attack them with what? They cannot even refine their own gas.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:27 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,672,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Why does Dr Joey get to be the lucky one?

Hahaha...i'm really 'in ya head' aren't I, 'lovey'?

You're not the first. People afraid of truth always try to trash those who speak it!!

You must be the 'house liberal'....that's their typical game.

Old 09-24-2011, 05:35 PM

78,862 posts, read 46,841,980 times
Supporting Israel and defending Israel are two very different things.

The defending part is were we would be stepping over the Constitution.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Hahaha...i'm really 'in ya head'aren't I, 'lovey'?

You're not the first. People afraid of truth always try to trash those who speak it!!

You must be the 'house liberal'....that's their typical game.
You wouldn't know the truth if it was a topping on your new love interests pizza. You hoping he gives you some of that money he got while heading the Federal Reserve in Kansas City? If you do get some, have someone show you how to use a phone and call me. I'll be your new (and probably only) friend.

Truth is treason in a government of lies.

Old 09-24-2011, 06:19 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,672,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You wouldn't know the truth if it was a topping on your new love interests pizza. You hoping he gives you some of that money he got while heading the Federal Reserve in Kansas City? If you do get some, have someone show you how to use a phone and call me. I'll be your new (and probably only) friend.

Truth is treason in a government of lies.
Yep, really ''in ya head, lovey!''...well, at least it's not empty now!

Old 09-25-2011, 04:29 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,837,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy I don't recall asking for a Doctor? Tell ya what. Go Away!
Quote:
How can 'someone' who is NOT a Christian know anything about what being a Christian IS? - They CAN'T!!!

WE, as a Majority of Americans, and especially Christians...DO, and will continue to support Israel, regardless of what 'you' or any others, say!!!

Shalom
Quote:
Your false accusations and your personal attacks...are meritless! I have no further reason to talk with you! - Shalom
I think that we've gotten off on the wrong foot. I completely respect your individual right to choose your faith. Modern society has been built on the foundation of the morals and convictions of the culturally prevalent religions of the area and their spreading of those convictions by either force or diplomacy. I applaud your individual faith and hope that you live a fulfilling life in the manner that your faith takes you.

My personal convictions are that with a limited role of a federal government we as a local population can choose what we feel best for my community. That is not necessarily religious or political, but it is that I want to reinvest my tax money locally where I have some say over what it gets spent on and how my community is managed by people who I have a chance to meet personally. If the federal government does not tax my earnings I will have more money to do so. If you do not have to pay any federal taxes you would then be free to send that portion of your paycheck to Israel or pro-Israel charities.

I do not believe in foreign aid. In my opinion it is foreign welfare. There is no free lunch. We (the US, IMF, and world bank) give money or loans to countries and than extort them for payback. Those policies create enemies.

Rather than attacking me without substance, what are your ideas and who do you support on foreign policy and why? I've reacted the way I have to your posts since you keep skirting the questions and saying "who called a doctor" at least a half a dozen times. Why? What constructive arguments do you have about the points that I (and many other people) have brought up? Why would you (and Hannity) pledge unwavering support to Israel? What is it about Ron Paul that you really have any substantiative argument against? You keep attacking him but I have never read anything that you've actually presented in terms of policy.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:52 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,841,980 times
Pretty sure Israel can defend itself very well, against the entire Middle East that wants to wipe them off the face of the earth. They unlike us show no mercy, when they are attacked.

Now for the support part. If Israel asks for support, we should be willing to help them out, but not for free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections