Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 01:45 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,210,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and judgemental!!! oh, I am sorry, I guess those people are the ones that are perfect or close to it, or maybe they think there is a perfect candidate out there. Last I heard, humans were not Gods and thus not perfect..

Nita

Amen to that...sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 03:22 PM

18,545 posts, read 15,381,184 times
If someone's weight is the factor that keeps them out of the white house, then we truly deserve the government we get.

Old 09-27-2011, 04:18 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,403,320 times
Lots of news here.
Gov. Chris Christie to donors: I'm not running for president | NJ.com

You can even hear Christie sing Born to Run

Old 09-27-2011, 04:28 PM

4,234 posts, read 4,228,135 times
Christie can't leave. He still has to fix Jersey. We don't need another Corzine.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:01 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,210,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Thinker View Post
Lots of news here.
Gov. Chris Christie to donors: I'm not running for president | NJ.com

You can even hear Christie sing Born to Run

He's too smart for them.

Old 09-27-2011, 05:12 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,608,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
oh for heavens sake: is he grossly overweight? of course he is, if you have even seen him being interviewed on TV you would know he adrresees the issue all the time. Will he have a heart attack while campaigning? Not likely, I guess you don't know much about heart conditions or you would know many people develop heart problems, as well as diabeties and other deseases without being a lb overweight. Family history is probably the number one cause. If you are old enough, look around at your firiends, family, church groups and see how many have heart conditions or other ailments and do not have serious weight problems. Of course weight plays a part but just because someone is overweight doesn't mean they will have a heart attack anymore than Obama, as a smoker had a heart attack while campaigning or in the White House. .

NIta
I would disagree. That amount of fat in the body didn't come from eating too many greens. If he doesn't have some major health problems now, he soon will. I would guess he's pushing 400 lbs.
Doesn't matter tho, he's not running - smart move on his part.

Old 09-27-2011, 07:58 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,403,320 times
People shouldn't make fun of it, nor Michelle's attempt to bring weight and health to the forefront.

If Christie lost 100 pounds or more, he'd help far more people than just himself. He'd probably feel far better about everything as well. Think positive.

Quote:
"The weight exacerbates everything," he said when leaving the hospital. "I've been pretty candid about that, right from the start of my public career."
And, just like most everything else, Christie addressed it with characteristic bluntness during a half-hour press conference delving into his personal health.
"I weigh too much because I eat too much," he said. "And I eat some bad things too."
Christie, one of the hottest voices in the national Republican Party, said he’s generally healthy but will continue pushing to lose weight.
"I don't want to press my luck," he said.

Quote:
Christie, who President George W. Bush nicknamed "big boy," has always said he's healthy enough to be governor.
Christie hasn't been prevented from working because of any medical problems, said William Palatucci, a friend, political adviser and former law partner of the governor’s.
As far as his weight, "it’s always been a battle during his adult life," Palatucci said. "He’s mindful that it’s something he needs to combat."
Asked whether the stress of the governor’s office exacerbated any health issues, Palatucci pointed out that Christie also faced a high-stress environment while U.S. attorney for New Jersey.
In fact, on Thursday Christie said his blood pressure was a healthy 118 over 78 — so low he said one person didn't believe it.
Christie, a high school athlete, has struggled with his weight for years, although he hasn’t hesitated to poke fun at it. He once told radio host Don Imus that his incremental weight loss is like "throwing a couple deck chairs off the Titanic."
Christie's weight faces scrutiny after N.J. governor is hospitalized | NJ.com

Old 09-28-2011, 07:14 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
I would disagree. That amount of fat in the body didn't come from eating too many greens. If he doesn't have some major health problems now, he soon will. I would guess he's pushing 400 lbs.
Doesn't matter tho, he's not running - smart move on his part.
you are missing what I am saying, of courses his weight could lead to serious health problems, but I can give you examples of many people (one being my grandmother) who lived most of their lives grossly overweight and lived to be in their 80s plus. Smoking will also lead to health problems as we all know, so will too much alcohol, this doesn't mean everyone with these afflictions have or will have health problems. I do think he weights close to 400. My son in low is overweight, not quite as much as Christie, but close. He is in his late
50s and has no apparent problems, certainly none that are live threatening.

NIta

Old 09-28-2011, 09:22 AM

9,879 posts, read 8,047,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Christie can't leave. He still has to fix Jersey. We don't need another Corzine.

In Washington "we drift from conflict to conflict, with little or no resolution. We watch a president who once talked about the courage of his convictions, but still has yet found the courage to lead," Christie said.

"We watch a Congress at war with itself because they are unwilling to leave campaign-style politics at the Capitol's door. The result is a debt-ceiling limitation debate that made our democracy appear as if we could no longer effectively govern ourselves," he said.

I have a new respect for Christy - I loved his remarks - paraphrased re: What egotist would not be flattered to be asked to lead the greatest country in the world...but I am honored to be Governor of NJ.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:32 PM

12,336 posts, read 17,224,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrugalYankee View Post
As much as I want to dislike him, I can't. He seems to call a spade a spade.
He tells it like it is. Could have the strong leadership skills to get the American engine moving again.

At any rate, He would be the biggest threat to the Obama presidency. No question there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections