Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:52 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,277,534 times

Advertisements

One can always tell when the progressive left is worried about an election, their name calling, grasping at straws and fantasy ravings increase by 100%...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 06:53 PM

13,875 posts, read 9,815,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
One can always tell when the progressive left is worried about an election, their name calling, grasping at straws and fantasy ravings increase by 100%...
Most people agree that Perry did poorly. The left wants Perry to win.

Old 09-25-2011, 06:58 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,203,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Most people agree that Perry did poorly. The left wants Perry to win.
Does debating performance define capability? Is that why you fell head over heels in love with Barack Obama? Is that why you're regretting your vote? Have you learned a lesson?

Talk is cheap. I'd hope you and your cohorts have learned something from the disaster that you put in office in 2008.

Liberal and Democratic opinions of a debate performance are totally irrelevant given the colossal mistake you folks made just a few short years ago.

Irrelevant!

Old 09-25-2011, 06:58 PM

10,875 posts, read 13,858,384 times
Quote:
If that is the case, the right wingers must be in a full blown meltdown from all the Obama bashing.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:01 PM

13,875 posts, read 9,815,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Does debating performance define capability? Is that why you fell head over heels in love with Barack Obama? Is that why you're regretting your vote? Have you learned a lesson?

Talk is cheap. I'd hope you and your cohorts have learned something from the disaster that you put in office in 2008.

Liberal and Democratic opinions of a debate performance are totally irrelevant given the colossal mistake you folks made just a few short years ago.

Irrelevant!
I watched the debate. Romney mopped the floor with Perry. Debates matter and if someone can't communicate effectively, that will turn people away and they will look to other candidates.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:12 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,619,507 times
Quote:
Read my posts since Perry got in the race. Few have been as spot on as me, if I do say so myself.

Perry's own worst enemy is Perry. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I HOPE Perry gets the nomination, but I don't think he will. It's Romney's to lose. If Romney gets the nomination, we are essentially left with Kerry vs. incumbent part two as Romney and Kerry have a lot in common. Both are from MA and neither arouse a lot of excitement from their parties.

If the GOP is going to win this thing, it has to be someone that comes out of nowhere. Your establisment people just aren't going to cut it. The main issue, of course is people under 40 are far more socially liberal than today's GOP. Many of these people under 40 would vote Republican, but find their social stances frightening.

Until the GOP can appeal more to the mainstream, expect a continuous cycle of "This guy will beat Romney" candidates until Romney inevitably gets the nomination.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:33 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,273,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post

Irrelevant!
my thoughts exactly: obviously he isn't a good debater, no one will question that, but I would hate to think we vote for a candidate because of their debating skills. Bachmann and Newt both shine, what more can I say?

It is obvious no matter who the Republican candidate is, they are going to get torn to shreds by the liberals and the liberal media. I think we see a group who are sacred to death 2012 will go back to the Republicans, regardless of the candidate.

Nita

Old 09-25-2011, 08:29 PM

407 posts, read 390,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
my thoughts exactly: obviously he isn't a good debater, no one will question that, but I would hate to think we vote for a candidate because of their debating skills. Bachmann and Newt both shine, what more can I say?

It is obvious no matter who the Republican candidate is, they are going to get torn to shreds by the liberals and the liberal media. I think we see a group who are sacred to death 2012 will go back to the Republicans, regardless of the candidate.

Nita
I think his immigration stance and lack of economic plan are bigger concerns than his debating skills. If the 2008 election taught us one thing, it's that presentation matters. Obama won entirely on form and absolutely no substance. The electorate are not as intelligent as they should be, so they can be swayed by the presentation, and that is why we have Obama today. The Republican party needs to nominate someone like Herman Cain, who can stand toe to toe with Obama in a debate, has articulated an economic plan in a way that the voters can understand, and can capture minority votes, which were instrumental to Obama's victory in 2008.

Last edited by hashbrown; 09-25-2011 at 08:39 PM..

Old 09-25-2011, 08:40 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,673,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
I think his immigration stance and lack of economic plan are bigger concerns than his debating skills. If the 2008 election taught us one thing, it's that presentation matters. Obama won entirely on form and absolutely no substance. The electorate are not as intelligent as they should be, so they can be swayed by the presentation, and that is why we have Obama today. The Republican party needs to nominate someone like Herman Cain, who can stand toe to toe with Obama in a debate, has articulated an economic plan in a way that the voters can understand, and can capture minority votes, which were instrumental in Obama's victory in 2008.
''Obama won entirely on form and absolutely no substance.''

That, and equally, or more so...>>he was a black candidate<<!!

Old 09-25-2011, 08:55 PM

5,864 posts, read 5,003,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Read my posts since Perry got in the race. Few have been as spot on as me, if I do say so myself.

Perry's own worst enemy is Perry. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I HOPE Perry gets the nomination, but I don't think he will. It's Romney's to lose. If Romney gets the nomination, we are essentially left with Kerry vs. incumbent part two as Romney and Kerry have a lot in common. Both are from MA and neither arouse a lot of excitement from their parties.

If the GOP is going to win this thing, it has to be someone that comes out of nowhere. Your establisment people just aren't going to cut it. The main issue, of course is people under 40 are far more socially liberal than today's GOP. Many of these people under 40 would vote Republican, but find their social stances frightening.

Until the GOP can appeal more to the mainstream, expect a continuous cycle of "This guy will beat Romney" candidates until Romney inevitably gets the nomination.
Mitt Romney is John Kerry with a (R) beside his name, in the same way the Barack Obama is George Bush with a (D) beside his name.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections