Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 10:06 AM

37,845 posts, read 41,204,811 times

Advertisements

The moderators aren't asking Rick Perry the questions where he could give impressive answers. Instead, it's all about defending himself. The way I see it, his biggest problem is not knowing how to turn their questions into his questions.

Only the governors and business man have records to defend...and records to promote. The last time I checked Congress had a 13 percent approval rating. I don't see the moderators asking them to defend that. But that's a shared rating because Congressmen don't actually do anything requiring big decisions or big actions. Romney is just better at turning the "defense" questions aimed at him to offense questions than Perry.

I'm still waiting for Huntsman to get the "Obama is remarkable" question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2011, 12:11 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The moderators aren't asking Rick Perry the questions where he could give impressive answers. Instead, it's all about defending himself. The way I see it, his biggest problem is not knowing how to turn their questions into his questions.

Only the governors and business man have records to defend...and records to promote. The last time I checked Congress had a 13 percent approval rating. I don't see the moderators asking them to defend that. But that's a shared rating because Congressmen don't actually do anything requiring big decisions or big actions. Romney is just better at turning the "defense" questions aimed at him to offense questions than Perry.

My take on the Perry issue: 1-I do not think he anywhere near dead: 2-let's face it, the debates could be called " the gang up on Perry hour" It seems Bachmann seems to think, if she can chase him out, she will pick up his supporters? WRONG< Romney knows Perry can give him a run for his money, so he is out to get him and God only knows what Santoran (of whatever his name is) is up to thinking...I will say, both Cain and Newt have stuck to the issues and not found personal attacks against a fellow Republican the way to go: Last but not least, it is obviously Perry isn't a good debater, but I do not choose my candidate on that issue and I hope most won't.

NIta

Old 09-26-2011, 12:18 PM

79,220 posts, read 61,326,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Don't insult him with a lowball offer though. He's going for more than $5,000.
Yeah, that's not going to be enough to even sniff at buying a senate seat with.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:19 PM

79,220 posts, read 61,326,926 times
It's going to be interesting to see which Republican is chosen to run against the incumbent republican Obama.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:34 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,963,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

laura, perry would have a harder time with the questions from the liberal questioners in the general election- so he better be prepared.

i do agree that the candidates "gang up" on perry-but he has given several bad debates in a row and said things that are, at best, questionable for republicans ( being heartless, etc.) he hasn't been very good at "thinking on his feet", which would be important in a general election. (although obama isn't that great at thinking on his feet either, so it might be a wash).

perry has some good points and he may get better as the debates roll on, but i can tell you that he has annoyed a lot of conservatives down here in florida, including me.

on huntsman, i would certainly like to see huntsman get that question as well.

ron paul gets the "gotcha" questions all the time, and he handles them well. he can turn the question around, like he did in the first debate on drugs. i think if you just keep sticking to your principles you can handle any question thrown at you.

Old 09-26-2011, 12:44 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,672,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My take on the Perry issue: 1-I do not think he anywhere near dead: 2-let's face it, the debates could be called " the gang up on Perry hour" It seems Bachmann seems to think, if she can chase him out, she will pick up his supporters? WRONG< Romney knows Perry can give him a run for his money, so he is out to get him and God only knows what Santoran (of whatever his name is) is up to thinking...I will say, both Cain and Newt have stuck to the issues and not found personal attacks against a fellow Republican the way to go: Last but not least, it is obviously Perry isn't a good debater, but I do not choose my candidate on that issue and I hope most won't.

NIta
Well, do you choose your candidate on being a dictator, forcing lil girls to take dangerous vaccine....against their free will? Do you choose your candidate on being Anti-Social Security, leaving older folks with no income? Do you choose him/her on allowing illegals to be treated better than US citizens...and given US $$$$ when they break the law...and break into our country? Is this how you choose Rick Perry?

Tell me, just how do you ''choose'' 'your candidate?'

Old 09-26-2011, 01:53 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,916,388 times
Quote:

NIta
They gang up on Perry because he is weak. Repubs always gang up on the weak.

Old 09-26-2011, 01:56 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,672,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Perry, like obama, sunk himself.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:03 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times
Quote:

NIta

To be fair, I don't think Romney is going after Perry any more than Perry is going after Romney. They are giving tit for tat actually. That is just politics. It's probably going to get worse before it gets better also. I don't care for it so much, but it prepares them for the general election, which will be brutal.

Old 09-26-2011, 07:05 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post

They gang up on Perry because he is in the lead. The lead person will always get that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections