Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 01:03 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,785,511 times

Advertisements

Remember that Cain supports affirmative action, i don't think he will be the nomination but I respect the guy for being conservative, black and not being scared of bullies.

He gets my respect even though I'm not a Republican.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 01:06 PM

5,915 posts, read 4,822,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I've been saying all along that Cain doesn't stand a chance to be his party's representative because of this fundamental reason. His policies don't matter, but the problem of his race is a glaring problem among GOP supporters.

Why are you libs so obsessed with race? I support Herman Cain 100%.
He happens to be black. So what? Good for him. It doesn't affect my opinion of him as a candidate at all.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:06 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,017,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick2dascript View Post
Remember that Cain supports affirmative action, i don't think he will be the nomination but I respect the guy for being conservative, black and not being scared of bullies.

He gets my respect even though I'm not a Republican.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
His support of affirmative action is not race based but rather on one's economic condition at the time of application for a position.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:11 PM

45,760 posts, read 27,388,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Libs would try to leave the race card in play saying that Cain is only there just as a token in order to negate the race issue. And since he is an oreo, he is more than willing to play the part of being used for white interests.

They will sound stupid, but it's all they would have.
Exhibit A

Janeane Garofalo: Racist Republicans Support Herman Cain

Quote:
Janeane Garofalo: "Herman Cain is probably well liked by some of the Republicans because it hides the racist elements of the Republican party. Conservative movement and tea party movement, one in the same.

"People like Karl Rove liked to keep the racism very covert. And so Herman Cain provides this great opportunity say you can say 'Look, this is not a racist, anti-immigrant, anti-female, anti-gay movement. Look we have a black man.'"
OK - so white people here are your options.

Vote for white republican vs. black democrat = you are racist
Vote for black republican vs. black democrat = you are racist

Vote for black democrat vs. white republican = you are not racist
Vote for black democrat vs. black republican = you are not racist

If you look at what's here - all democrats must be black and all republicans must be white - since you can only be a racist when voting against a democrat.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:11 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,149,175 times
Another liberal obsessed with race. Liberals are kings of identity politics.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:14 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,149,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Exhibit A

Janeane Garofalo: Racist Republicans Support Herman Cain

OK - so white people here are your options.

Vote for white republican vs. black democrat = you are racist
Vote for black republican vs. black democrat = you are racist

Vote for black democrat vs. white republican = you are not racist
Vote for black democrat vs. black republican = you are not racist

If you look at what's here - all democrats must be black and all republicans must be white - since you can only be a racist when voting against a democrat.
I was going to post a link to that wench's comments but that stupid, no talent, bigot isn't worth even discussing.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:14 PM

29,981 posts, read 43,017,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Another liberal obsessed with race. Liberals are kings of identity politics.
Which is exactly why they run from the facts of failed policy, of equal rights not special rights in the eyes of the law, etc... .

The real racists on CD are those constantly starting the racebaiting threads.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,352,088 times
A_Lexus, don't sweat the BS! how quickly they forgot Micheal Steele and what was that other black guy who no one voted for in I think Mich? Cain has no chance of winning the nonmination PERIOD! The only reason that they are even paying vague attention to him is because he is black not because of the stupid sh*t that he spouts. Cain is that H.N that can be used to say and do things that they (white tea bag republicans) can't to black people. Nevermind that he grew up in the segregated south but had no ties to fight for the equality for black people. He is what I call a "turtle politician". Througout the turbulent 60's and 70's where was he? He tucked his head in his shell and waited for everything to blow over.
The republican party will NEVER allow a blackman or a woman to represent them in the White house.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:15 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,484,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
Why are you libs so obsessed with race? I support Herman Cain 100%.
He happens to be black. So what? Good for him. It doesn't affect my opinion of him as a candidate at all.
Absolutely right. Black, white, green, purple, makes no difference to me, I like the guy, plain and simple.

Old 09-29-2011, 01:17 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,537,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I've been saying all along that Cain doesn't stand a chance to be his party's representative because of this fundamental reason. His policies don't matter, but the problem of his race is a glaring problem among GOP supporters.

Is Herman Cain's race the real elephant in the room?

I don't see Herman Cain's race as a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections