Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 05:04 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,221,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I've been saying all along that Cain doesn't stand a chance to be his party's representative because of this fundamental reason. His policies don't matter, but the problem of his race is a glaring problem among GOP supporters.

Is Herman Cain's race the real elephant in the room?
what a bunch of horse poop!
I live in Atlanta, you know, Georgia where all us rednecks live
and let me tell you, Herman Cain has tons of support
no, the real elephant would be if he got to be on the ticket, and all of Obama's loonies would be gagging and peeing in their pants because all they have is RACE!!
give me a fgigging break
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2011, 05:45 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,086,280 times
A honorable dem. Lordy, will miracles never cease. Thanks for being geniune.
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
what a bunch of horse poop!
I live in Atlanta, you know, Georgia where all us rednecks live
and let me tell you, Herman Cain has tons of support
no, the real elephant would be if he got to be on the ticket, and all of Obama's loonies would be gagging and peeing in their pants because all they have is RACE!!
give me a fgigging break

Old 09-29-2011, 06:13 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,872,318 times
Quote:
I've been saying all along that Cain doesn't stand a chance to be his party's representative because of this fundamental reason. His policies don't matter, but the problem of his race is a glaring problem among GOP supporters.

Herman Cain's race isn't a problem at all for me, your racism towards him is. Herman Cain is a true black role-model and well liked national figure, even people who don't agree with him on everything still like him and that drives you people crazy and that makes me very happy.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:44 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,875,129 times
Top tier candidate and rising fast. Go Herman!!!!!

Old 09-29-2011, 07:56 PM

62 posts, read 101,795 times
Quote:

Another ignorant ******* trying to make something where there is nothing. Given the chance I will vote for Herman Cain for president in a New York minute. Even if he was green! Truth be told it's Obama and the liberal democrats that fear Herman Cain.

It's about policy not race *******.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:17 PM

106 posts, read 157,926 times
I fear that Herman Cain's rising poll numbers is only temporary reverse-racism from the GOP to look diverse for 2012; once we start getting closer to the primaries, the Tea Party he claims supports him will wake up and realize they can't accept another huge black leader. Look at what happened with Michael Steele, Republicans and blacks have just not mixed in the past and there's still work to be done to get to that point.

He also comes across to me as great VP material, but I don't think anyone in the running would dare attempt that given what happened in 2008 with Sarah Palin.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:38 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,485,646 times
Hey I hope to see Herman Cain get the Republican Presidential Nomination! That way when Ron Paul decides to run as an independent, I get my choice of the three best candidates to choose from.

Old 09-29-2011, 08:54 PM

2,125 posts, read 1,944,174 times
I don't think most Republicans are afraid of Cain's race. The fact of the matter is, ideology trumps race for most voters. Sure, there are a few racists who might not vote for him because he's black, but his real problems have nothing to do with the color of his skin. Besides, they've already got a black president. If it's between the black guy they hate and the black guy they kinda like, the choice is clear.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:16 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,086,280 times
Bee,
Michael Steele does not strike me as terribly effective. That may be the reason he is no longer in leadership. The only reason. You know everyone has the right to be effective, or not, successful, or not. I respect your opinion, but quit looking for ulterior motives. When, as head of your political party, huge election losses are rung up, then something has to give. And it is always the party's campaign chair, and chair. Sometimes, things are just as they are.

As for Mr Cain, we'll see. At this juncture though, he is a far cry from Ms Palin. So, I'm do not think one precurses the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCityRoller View Post
I fear that Herman Cain's rising poll numbers is only temporary reverse-racism from the GOP to look diverse for 2012; once we start getting closer to the primaries, the Tea Party he claims supports him will wake up and realize they can't accept another huge black leader. Look at what happened with Michael Steele, Republicans and blacks have just not mixed in the past and there's still work to be done to get to that point.

He also comes across to me as great VP material, but I don't think anyone in the running would dare attempt that given what happened in 2008 with Sarah Palin.

Last edited by earthlyfather; 09-30-2011 at 06:19 AM.. Reason: minor grammar ef

Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,221,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCityRoller View Post

how do people like you function in the real world??
if I ran around in every area of my life looking at people's skin color
and tried to "prove" somehow I am do not have "white guilt" by trashing everyone that does not think with race in the lenses
I would be in sad shape
I am a 60 year old white woman living in Atlanta, GA
I am old enough to have seen KKK marchers in a little town I used to live in
and as that small child, I did not understand it, I knew it was wrong
I lived through the civil rights movement
but I also know that there are folks today that want to hold me hostage to those days by screaming RACE!!!! Every time I turn around to try and whip me into obedience
I will not budge!!
I base if I like someone as Dr King suggested, NOT by the color of their skin, but by who they are as people
I have not problem not liking Obama as a person, because he slithers like a frigging snake
I would not walk across the street to see him
Herman Cain however, so far from what I have seen of him and have been listening to him for years on the radio, I like him
I would not only walk across the street to see him, I would want to sit down with him over a good county cookin' dinner and get to know him more
so go ahead and spout your bull crap, but i don't by it
georgia dem
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections