Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 10:43 AM

13,186 posts, read 12,371,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
how do people like you function in the real world??
if I ran around in every area of my life looking at people's skin color
and tried to "prove" somehow I am do not have "white guilt" by trashing everyone that does not think with race in the lenses
I would be in sad shape
I am a 60 year old white woman living in Atlanta, GA
I am old enough to have seen KKK marchers in a little town I used to live in
and as that small child, I did not understand it, I knew it was wrong
I lived through the civil rights movement
but I also know that there are folks today that want to hold me hostage to those days by screaming RACE!!!! Every time I turn around to try and whip me into obedience
I will not budge!!
I base if I like someone as Dr King suggested, NOT by the color of their skin, but by who they are as people
I have not problem not liking Obama as a person, because he slithers like a frigging snake
I would not walk across the street to see him
Herman Cain however, so far from what I have seen of him and have been listening to him for years on the radio, I like him
I would not only walk across the street to see him, I would want to sit down with him over a good county cookin' dinner and get to know him more
so go ahead and spout your bull crap, but i don't by it
georgia dem

Bless your heart! I just want to point out that you had the luxury of being able to sit back and know something was wrong but did nothing about it. And unfortunately, it really was not your battle to fight. I don't expect you to really understand what it was like to be considered a second class citizen. You have seen Jim Crow in affect, and proably a few lynchings as well, but it is alot different than EXPERIENCING it like my parents have. As a blackman, no wait a minute, as a righteous man I'm aware of my history and to follow a man who lived through that time and pretended like it did not happen but now wants to lead this country in some of the worst economical times since the great depression....Nope, I cannot cosign on his assumed leadership. As far as you cooking dinner for Cain, would you have done it when he was in his twenties? You sure as hell would not have! Cain suits people like yourself who have lived through that time and foster self-imposed white guilt. As far as I'm concerned from the things that you have seen in your lifetime here in Georgia and did nothing about it .......well that makes you human.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 02:33 PM

45,842 posts, read 61,256,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
RNC Chair, I try very hard not to be myopic but if I notice these things I'm sure other do as well. I don't beleive in coindences everything happens for a reason and the sudden rise of Palin and Steele just happened to mirror the rise of Obama and Hillary

If I remember the timeline, Palin was selected after the Democratic Convention so Hilary was already out. Was her selection naked politics? Of course it was. That's why I still can't figure out the Biden choice. That means that for two Administrations in a row (doesn't matter if Obama is reelected) the Vice President is someone who can't realistically expect to be nominated for President at the end of the term.

Steele became RNC Chair in competition, which included another Black man (I think from Ohio, I don't remember). Steele actively sought the Chair position and was in fact the favorite of the MD delegation (which makes sense, Mike is fairly popular in MD Republican circles. He did make a botch of his term as Chair).

What I think you are forgetting is that Steele had been MD State Republican Chair, and ran for a couple statewide offices, prior to becoming Lt. Governor under Bob Ehrlich. He was hardly an unknown within the Party.

I should make the disclaimer here that Mike Steele is a personal friend.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:47 PM

4,005 posts, read 10,875,018 times
The constant insinuations that us on the right are racist are REALLY getting old, and frankly quite insulting. The VAST majority of us support candidates that favor our political views regardless of color. It is arrogant of the left to assume all minorities automatically fall into their viewpoint, so ours must be racist(or any other "ist" you want to throw at us). That arrogance will eventually be your downfall.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:08 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,096,409 times
After reading a few of your posts, I now understand that being in the fight is your personal litmus test for Black authenticity. I also see an awful of lot ugly hatred that spews from you. Hopefully your next generation can move past the pain. May God bring peace to your heart.
Quote:
Sorry that you are "offended" but how can he believe to support the "equality and fairness to all" when he made himself all but invisible during the civil rights era. BTW, he was in his twenties during the time and he lived down south where segregation was at it's finest. The other point his affilation with a group that claims to be tea partiers which in reality are Teabaggers which at the moment does not have a good standing among blacks, latinos, gays or the less fortunate. As far as sterotyping, how do you figure that? All that I did was state the obvious. You implied that I some garbage about a waste of education, where did I say anything about that? If I had said that he dodged the draft would that had made you feel better? You make it seem like that he had a choice in going to school or help fight for equal rights. There have been many civil right leaders and supporters who fought the good fight and still got an education and became successful later in life.

For the record, there are many others that feel the same way unfortunately many of them are black, latino, gay or less fortunate

Last edited by earthlyfather; 09-30-2011 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: add word EF

Old 09-30-2011, 04:35 PM

29,980 posts, read 43,078,353 times
Quote:
If you look at it that way it is true, but Cain does not how to deal WITH career politicians. He is also a mathematician which means his primary focus is numbers and not people or conflict. I'm not defending President Obama for his miscues either.
Being well versed in numbers does not exclude the ability to be a people person. If that were true Cain would not have made it into the many position of leadership he has to date.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:48 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
The constant insinuations that us on the right are racist are REALLY getting old, and frankly quite insulting. The VAST majority of us support candidates that favor our political views regardless of color. It is arrogant of the left to assume all minorities automatically fall into their viewpoint, so ours must be racist(or any other "ist" you want to throw at us). That arrogance will eventually be your downfall.
I am not insulted, because I know it is not true, BUT I am weary of it
and their are a lot of Black folks finally coming out about this
AND about Obama trying to beat the crap out of black folks to make them toe the line for HIM!
Travis Smiley is one of them, he is becoming out spoken against Obama and his bull crap
I say LET 'EM RANT!!
I hope that keep it up the louder the better!! BECAUSE THIS IS BITING THEM IN THE BUTT AND IS ABOUT TO BLOW UP IN THEIR SELF-SERVING FACES
RAVE ON FOLKS!!
ga dem~

Old 10-01-2011, 07:00 AM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,761 times
Quote:
Bless your heart! I just want to point out that you had the luxury of being able to sit back and know something was wrong but did nothing about it. And unfortunately, it really was not your battle to fight. I don't expect you to really understand what it was like to be considered a second class citizen. You have seen Jim Crow in affect, and proably a few lynchings as well, but it is alot different than EXPERIENCING it like my parents have. As a blackman, no wait a minute, as a righteous man I'm aware of my history and to follow a man who lived through that time and pretended like it did not happen but now wants to lead this country in some of the worst economical times since the great depression....Nope, I cannot cosign on his assumed leadership. As far as you cooking dinner for Cain, would you have done it when he was in his twenties? You sure as hell would not have! Cain suits people like yourself who have lived through that time and foster self-imposed white guilt. As far as I'm concerned from the things that you have seen in your lifetime here in Georgia and did nothing about it .......well that makes you human.
I WAS 8 YEARS OLD
let me tell you something
I am NOT going to let you or anyone else drag me back to the 1960's OR the civil war where PLENTY of white people died
not you can hold yourself a narrow minded victim OR you can do something productive
BUT I AM NOT GUILTY of any of that BUT today
people like you ARE!!
So got off your high horse and get a life in the REAL world
all you are doing is spewing hate, for me I choose the people I have in my life and you are not welcome!
so back off and find your self some little scared whit lady, cause I am not
You want to hold someone feet to the fire start with the demorcrats
they fought the civil rights tooth and nail start with president Obama who is one of the biggest mouths trying to whip yop in line and you are too frigging blind to see it!!
He just insulted your whole race at the black caucus saying to "quit complain
and quit whinin' and get out of your bedroom shoes and start marchin
who the hell was he talking about?? I would be mad as hell at hsi sorry ass
what has he done for black folks?? NANNA!!
he just drags you out for his re-election like a bunch of pawns!!
Buddy, you don't know any fgigging thing about me
so kiss off

Old 10-01-2011, 07:12 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,673,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
I WAS 8 YEARS OLD
let me tell you something
I am NOT going to let you or anyone else drag me back to the 1960's OR the civil war where PLENTY of white people died
not you can hold yourself a narrow minded victim OR you can do something productive
BUT I AM NOT GUILTY of any of that BUT today
people like you ARE!!
So got off your high horse and get a life in the REAL world
all you are doing is spewing hate, for me I choose the people I have in my life and you are not welcome!
so back off and find your self some little scared whit lady, cause I am not
You want to hold someone feet to the fire start with the demorcrats
they fought the civil rights tooth and nail start with president Obama who is one of the biggest mouths trying to whip yop in line and you are too frigging blind to see it!!
He just insulted your whole race at the black caucus saying to "quit complain
and quit whinin' and get out of your bedroom shoes and start marchin
who the hell was he talking about?? I would be mad as hell at hsi sorry ass
what has he done for black folks?? NANNA!!
he just drags you out for his re-election like a bunch of pawns!!
Buddy, you don't know any fgigging thing about me
so kiss off

Well...I SAY, WELL SAID, G-woman!

Old 10-01-2011, 07:25 AM

37,848 posts, read 41,209,489 times
If you listen to the urban Republican elite in the NY - DC area, the problem is being from the South and not from, you know, their area.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:32 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,327,104 times
I don't see confederate flag waving toothless rednecks voting for Cain. At least not in large numbers. He can't even fire up his own base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections