Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 12:23 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
President George W. Bush was a TWO-TERM governor of Texas. He knows what it takes to have executive leadership experience.

Barack is an arrogant pompous idiot who was a back-bench senator who was elected by having his competition removed from the ballot in Chicago.
Texas is run by the Lt Governor, the Office of Governor in Texas is not what You seem to think it is, but then again Non-Texans do seem to Assume far too much when it comes to Texas and Texans.
As for the second comment, Whine Much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 12:36 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
President George W. Bush was a TWO-TERM governor of Texas. He knows what it takes to have executive leadership experience.
Hey, Bubba...

Check my location.

Quote:
Barack is an arrogant pompous idiot who was a back-bench senator who was elected by having his competition removed from the ballot in Chicago.
That's just like... your opinion, man.

JYO

Old 09-30-2011, 02:22 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
That should be your first clue that the link isn't worth following.

Dick Morris would, for the right price, opine that Quality Guy is really just Below Average Guy.
Morris's...and your opinion, aside, genius, both are irrelevant!

These are the facts below!!

Quote:
African Americans continue to view the president favorably in overwhelming numbers, but the proportion expressing strongly positive views has dropped 25 points since mid-April. Five months ago, 83 percent of African Americans held strongly favorable impressions of Obama. In the new poll, the number doing so is 58 percent.
Similarly, for the first time since he’s been in office, Obama’s favorable rating has slipped below 50 percent among those aged 18 to 29, with as many holding strongly unfavorable as strongly favorable views (21 to 18 percent). Strongly favorable views among all liberal Democrats are down from 69 percent in April to 52 percent now
African Americans continue to view the president favorably in overwhelming numbers, but the proportion expressing strongly positive views has dropped 25 points since mid-April.

Obama’s popularity slips along with job approval in Washington Post poll - Behind the Numbers - The Washington Post

Old 09-30-2011, 02:45 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Then follow the link to where Morris got his information instead..
OK, I did follow the link...the source of the claim in the link of the original post IS Dick Morris. Imagine that!

Dick Morris can claim anything he wants...just keep in mind that his mouth is for sale to the highest bidder.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:56 PM

8,418 posts, read 7,414,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Morris's...and your opinion, aside, genius, both are irrelevant!

These are the facts below!!
{various blah, blah, blah edited for brevity}
Quote:
Quote from Dick Morris - ''Obama's popularity among African-Americans has dropped from 83% down to 58% in just 5 months.''

Fmr. Clinton Adviser: 'Very Possible' Obama Will Bow Out of Presidential Race - For Now | CNSnews.com

Read and hear the rest of the story above link
Not commenting on his slipping popularity with the African-American block but rather Dick Morris's claim about Obama bowing out of the race.

I didn't bother to click the link with the video clip (not gonna waste my time on your propagana films) - so maybe the AA popularity drop is mentioned there...but it's not included in the article linked. It only talks about Obama dropping out of the 2012 presidential race. And it only has the word of Dick Morris for such claims.

Frankly, if you find Dick Morris believable, then you don't know Dick.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:57 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Barack Obama has no business being re-elected. It was a fluke he got the job in the first place. The social experiment is over. It was a failure. You can't sit an inexperienced boob in the Oval Office and think there is a "Being President for Dummies" book that can replace real accomplishments.
Can you please explain what you mean by "social experiment"?

Old 09-30-2011, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
OK, I did follow the link...the source of the claim in the link of the original post IS Dick Morris. Imagine that!

Dick Morris can claim anything he wants...just keep in mind that his mouth is for sale to the highest bidder.
Seems you're struggling to find some hope for your guy, BO?

Good luck, pal

Old 09-30-2011, 03:02 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Seems you're struggling to find some hope for your guy, BO?

Good luck, pal
If I want hope, I simply look at the crop of Republicans trying to become nominated. Hell, it makes me want to put money down on Obama. Not pennies. Serious money.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
If I want hope, I simply look at the crop of Republicans trying to become nominated. Hell, it makes me want to put money down on Obama. Not pennies. Serious money.
Yeah...well, at this point it appears you could get elected against BO.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:50 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
We have a running joke that whatever Morris predicts, the exact opposite will happen.

He nailed the 2008 election and the 2010 Mid Terms
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections