Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 09:11 AM

27,649 posts, read 28,745,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He nailed the 2008 election and the 2010 Mid Terms
Barack Obama is an embarrassment to the Democratic party and to the U.S. presidency.

He needs to step down now. Otherwise, he's going to be a lame duck doing damage control until 2012 when he's voted out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 10:59 AM
JRR

8,178 posts, read 5,683,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Barack Obama is an embarrassment to the Democratic party and to the U.S. presidency.

He needs to step down now. Otherwise, he's going to be a lame duck doing damage control until 2012 when he's voted out.
And the Republican candidate who is going to win the 2012 election by getting the votes of moderate Republicans, moderate Democrats and Independents is ........?

Old 10-02-2011, 11:44 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,706,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
And the Republican candidate who is going to win the 2012 election by getting the votes of moderate Republicans, moderate Democrats and Independents is ........?

The Independents I talk to daily, are more Conservative than even the GOP is these days. Hard line Constitutionalists, that feel both Dem & Rep, stomp on the Constitution, when it suits them.

Old 10-02-2011, 06:47 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,048,464 times
DICK MORRIS! LOL!!!

I DO know little Dick. And his credibility is zero.

When he was 10 he was a pedantic %$^& - hasn't changed much, has he?

Old 10-02-2011, 06:52 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,945,866 times
Quote:
Virtually anyone who runs against him, irrespective of experience or lack there of...

Old 10-03-2011, 08:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,584,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I thought this tread was about Obama, not Bush..Can we just get past the "Bush" presidency and consintrate on now and the future?

Nita

As much as you Bushies would like to have everyone forget about the disastrous Bush years, it just isn't going to happen.

Bush will ALWAYS bear responsibility for the things he fouled up. And that's not a short list.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:32 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Obama STILL beats all Republics in the polls. You all who think you are going to roll over him in 2012 are fooling yourselves.
The Op is waiting for his favorite gal to annouce that she is running. Anyone that believes Palin, aka: Moosegirl, is the great white hope for American and that she would be a good thing for this nation has zero credibility in my book. The devil is always in the details and once you know them it can be very enlightening.

Old 10-03-2011, 08:37 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,216,958 times
Quote:

Exactly. I think far right wingers forget that the D's are primarily upset with Obama because they think he's too conservative--they're not going to move right. I think the only candidate who could beat Obama would be a moderate who can connect with people--Christie might be able to pull it off, but I'm betting anything he's not going to run. I like Huntsman, but he's not charismatic and he's never going to get the nomination. The other thing many of you forget is that the election is a year off, and that's a lifetime in politics. If Obama moves back into campaign mode, appeases his base, and ditches the policy wonk exterior, his base is going to be fired up, He'd eat someone like Romney (who I think will be the nominee) for lunch.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:16 AM

28,112 posts, read 30,019,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
I like Huntsman, but he's not charismatic and he's never going to get the nomination.
He's actually quite charismatic, personable and down-to-earth. I saw that when he was the Governor of Utah. I just don't think he's gotten enough exposure for many people to realize that. I understand he's going to be on "The View" this coming Thursday morning. That will give him the chance to show he more personable side in a more relaxed atmosphere.

Old 10-03-2011, 09:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,964,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The Independents I talk to daily, are more Conservative than even the GOP is these days. Hard line Constitutionalists, that feel both Dem & Rep, stomp on the Constitution, when it suits them.
They are not true Independents, they are, and always have been, far right conservatives that always have, and always will, vote Republican. A true Independent votes across Party lines, and right now there is little interest by Independents in the GOP candidates with the exception of Paul, the rest of the field are either neo-cons or far far too right for any real Independent to consider as a viable choice to lead this Nation. Lose the true Independent votes and you lose the election, it is as simple as that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections