Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:31 PM

407 posts, read 390,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
No thanks, since the legalization of marijuana in Holland, heroin addiction has tripled. Please post your source. Have you ever dealt with or seen a heroin addict other than in a movie? No. .2% of the population uses heroine. It would be much less costly to treat those people, even if the rate tripled than to spend it on a drug war. It is not something you want to see, believe me. The belief that marijuana is not a gateway drug has been proven over and over to be wrong and the belief that legaization does not increase the use and addiction has been proven wrong in countries that have already tried it.
Again, post your source. What do you suggest we do about the most widespread gateway drug of all, alcohol? Why not stop the first gateway drug?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2011, 09:47 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,050,593 times
And just why is there a drug war in Mexico? Could it possibly be the demand for illegal narcotics in the U.S? Hmmmmmm...

Old 10-02-2011, 10:12 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,355,199 times
Or we could do the liberal thing and just allow all those drug and disease ridden people to come into America and do what they have been doing. Hiding out in liberal run states and killing real Americans in large numbers.

It is the job of our government to protect our citizens and our borders.

Why do the libs believe the opposite?

Why do liberals want to so easily give up our country to people who are criminals?

I want the military on that border and want them to have the right to protect our country and our citizens as those people are enemy combatants and need to be handled as such.

I believe we need to put the military on the border and close it completely. No one in and no one out unless they are deported for being here illegally.

Old 10-02-2011, 10:33 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,050,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Or we could do the liberal thing and just allow all those drug and disease ridden people to come into America and do what they have been doing. Hiding out in liberal run states and killing real Americans in large numbers.

It is the job of our government to protect our citizens and our borders.

Why do the libs believe the opposite?

Why do liberals want to so easily give up our country to people who are criminals?

I want the military on that border and want them to have the right to protect our country and our citizens as those people are enemy combatants and need to be handled as such.

I believe we need to put the military on the border and close it completely. No one in and no one out unless they are deported for being here illegally.
Oh, well... uh, maybe Ron Paul was right about the fence...

Old 10-02-2011, 11:30 PM

865 posts, read 679,437 times
Someone had a Grade-A lungfish decorate their homes for a married fool's function.

I can not wait for a medieval cookie, a Cinnabun, hot yellow Kool-Aid, and save a pretzel for the gas jets.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:45 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,207,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
I live on the border I don't feel unsafe, turn off FOX"""News"""

We are discussing Texas not Arizona if you had read the thread.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hashbrown View Post
Again, post your source. What do you suggest we do about the most widespread gateway drug of all, alcohol? Why not stop the first gateway drug?

Why did you post within my post?

Speaking Out Against Drug Legalization, Fact 9 (http://www.justice.gov/dea/demand/speakout/09so.htm - broken link)

Alcohol can be a gateway drug and more education is needed. Tobacco can even be somewhat of a problem. Fortunately, the use of tobacco is on the decline in this country.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:01 AM

I don't hold the Gateway Drug theory as an absolute, in any form. It's possible, but come on. That's like saying, "Oh, I had sex for the first time with a person, now I'm going to bang some animals." Sure, you have some messed up people that might blame the gateway, but that ignores the fact that they were messed up to begin with!

Old 10-03-2011, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
I don't hold the Gateway Drug theory as an absolute, in any form. It's possible, but come on. That's like saying, "Oh, I had sex for the first time with a person, now I'm going to bang some animals." Sure, you have some messed up people that might blame the gateway, but that ignores the fact that they were messed up to begin with!

I don't blame the gateway drugs completely, but to ignore their part in the problem when it has been demonstrated repeatedly that there is some corrrelation is ignoring what can be a precipitating factor. That is not dealing with it effectively.

Old 10-03-2011, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I don't blame the gateway drugs completely, but to ignore their part in the problem when it has been demonstrated repeatedly that there is some corrrelation is ignoring what can be a precipitating factor. That is not dealing with it effectively.
I never said to ignore it. I certainly don't want the government trying to determine their one-size fits all solution to it. We have solutions that have been suppressed for long enough, waiting to break through and help those who need their addictions treated by actual experts in the very narrow fields that they may fall into.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections