Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 12:53 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
I never said to ignore it. I certainly don't want the government trying to determine their one-size fits all solution to it. We have solutions that have been suppressed for long enough, waiting to break through and help those who need their addictions treated by actual experts in the very narrow fields that they may fall into.

What treatments are you referring to and what narrow fields?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 01:07 AM

865 posts, read 679,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
What treatments are you referring to and what narrow fields?
Seriously, way to many to name. I know you want to pick me apart on this, but I'll have to refer you to google and those who are far greater experts on the subject of individual recovery and prevention than I. Most of it is consumer education(not formal) and the other chunk of it deals with individuals who become dependent on bad drugs(not bad, as in bad for you) but bad as in, an inferior product that uses unnecessary addictive chemicals, much like tobacco. Kind of like how nicotine is addictive, but nowhere near as addictive as some of the thousands of other additives in cigarettes.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:14 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
Seriously, way to many to name. I know you want to pick me apart on this, but I'll have to refer you to google and those who are far greater experts on the subject of individual recovery and prevention than I. Most of it is consumer education(not formal) and the other chunk of it deals with individuals who become dependent on bad drugs(not bad, as in bad for you) but bad as in, an inferior product that uses unnecessary addictive chemicals, much like tobacco. Kind of like how nicotine is addictive, but nowhere near as addictive as some of the thousands of other additives in cigarettes.

I was just curious, not picking in any way. I spent some time working in the field of addictions and some of my training was in that field. It was not the field I really enjoyed the most though.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:29 AM

865 posts, read 679,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I was just curious, not picking in any way. I spent some time working in the field of addictions and some of my training was in that field. It was not the field I really enjoyed the most though.
That actually sounds more interesting than all of this... he's my horse, they're not, so they suck... name-calling in the elections forum. I'd talk about it, but we'd derail the thread LMAO

Old 10-03-2011, 07:47 AM

17,522 posts, read 24,784,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
Or we could do the liberal thing and just allow all those drug and disease ridden people to come into America and do what they have been doing. Hiding out in liberal run states and killing real Americans in large numbers.

It is the job of our government to protect our citizens and our borders.

Why do the libs believe the opposite?

Why do liberals want to so easily give up our country to people who are criminals?

I want the military on that border and want them to have the right to protect our country and our citizens as those people are enemy combatants and need to be handled as such.

I believe we need to put the military on the border and close it completely. No one in and no one out unless they are deported for being here illegally.
The libs have doubled enforcement on the border and deportations, what we need now is to start jailing the """Job Creators""" who are employing millions of illegals

Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,304,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I agree. Drugs needs to be legalized, especially marijuana, which is the drug of choice for the majority of drug addicts, and the cash crop for the cartels. But, it won't happen because the government makes too much money on the prohibition of drugs.
especially marijuana, which is the drug of choice for the majority of drug

We have been over this many times. You are an idiot.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:20 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,916,388 times
Really makes you wonder why Perry is trying to destroy his own campaign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections