Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:12 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,724,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBarrow View Post
* stupid people
Oh well. That's your opinion. I'm sure they'd have an opinion about those who disagree with them. In the end, it doesn't matter, because everybody gets to vote.

Quote:
Yeah, tolerant of racist idiocy. Why don't you "tolerate" our position on stupidity and stop talking.
No. I'm enjoying this too much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2011, 10:11 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,878,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Ok, what policies suck? From where I sit, most of his foreign policies are a continuation of Bush policies and his economic policies are primarily capitulation to the Republicans, such as the extension of the Bush tax-cuts.

Even his health care plan is the 1993 Republican alternative to Clinton's plan. So, what are the policies that suck?
This is exactly what you have failed to realize Bush's Iraq/Afganistan wars have been a poorly planned and executed disaster ( not our troops who have performed bravely, the politicians)

No real exit strategy, long term goals defined, nation building, etc...

Obama has continued this mistake and is still sending cash to Pakistan (another huge mistake) if from where you sit it's capitulation to Republicans it's Obama's choice.

Time for your candidate to man up, if you want to see other policies that suck there's plenty posted in City-Data forums.

Continuing a failed idea and/or a course of action isn't exactly a hallmark of success.

Maybe you can delve into the current economy and unemployment rate while you're at it.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:40 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,813,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
As if Obama's failure is representative of the "black" community? That's where the brainwashing puts you - in collective victim mode.
I don't see Obama as a failed President because he's black. With black unemployment double the national average you have to wonder why HE MADE EVERYTHING BUT JOB CREATION his agenda. He's just another failed President because he's a Harvard puppet doing his masters bidding, much the same as the eight Presidents prior to him had done. Kennedy was the last President to break from the masters chains, and we all know what happened to him. Reagan nearly followed him but survived and quickly got back into line.

None of us know exactly who pulls the strings but we certianly know it isn't the President.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:53 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,536,718 times
His race has nothing to do with why he is failing. His "Fundamental Transformation" of our country is why he is failing and going to lose this election unless ACORN cheats enough votes to keep him in power.

Our Constitution is our package of Fundamentals and this most peculiar president wants to change it, to say the least.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:36 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,481,948 times
That is the most ignorant reason to vote for anyone based on color, religion, etc, separate those things, and vote for the most qualified candidate, not his color, grow the hek up.
I have voted for both party's in my lifetime, not stricly one, usually whom i truly feel is the best candiate, and if not happy with this person, a second time go round, don't vote for him

I am a one party gal now. NOW if you truly feel the person your voting for of color is the best candidate that is a reason to vote for him, but if truly just because of his color, and no other reason, what the hell is up with that. Believe in the candidate you vote for, for no other reason, then this sucky, downhill, draining, in the toilet, tanking so bad, economy.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:14 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,574,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Lots, obviously. Race is still a very important factor in how we identify ourselves and relate to others in the U.S.
So you are saying that black racism is acceptable while white racism is not?

Old 10-04-2011, 08:16 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,574,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Is that how you want your elected officials elected...based on race?
Isn't that essentially what we have now?

Old 10-04-2011, 08:19 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,110,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Lets face it, far too many vote for a candidate for all the wrong reasons.
1. Well at least he's a democrat, or republican depending on the hardliner.
2. Well at least he's a good christian. As if anyone but god knows for sure.
3. Well he's for the working class. Hmmm the millions he accepted from big business would say otherwise.
4. He supports abortion. Hmmm one has to wonder if that is the biggest issue we have to worry about.
5. He is anti-abortion. Hmmmmm
6. He's going to tax the rich. No he will tax everyone.
Why did each individule black voter that voted for Obama vote for him?
I am 100% sure only the individule would know.
If the reason was simply because he is black I am sad for this nation.
Excellent post TM

Old 10-05-2011, 05:57 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,902,117 times
So basically:
It's ok to vote for Obama due to his skin color.
It's NOT ok to vote for a white candidate simply for that reason.

I remember hearing people (back in 2008) call white mccain supporters racist. -_-. But it was OK for a gaggle of blacks to stand on the corner and shout 'obama' and hand out poorly photo copied black & white pictures of him? I work in down town Philly. I saw a lot of this crap in 2008. It made me mad, too, because I was actually an Obama supporter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections