Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 05:16 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,519,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Ryder View Post
FDR was a commie. There's no denying that. But he won the election(s). Through propaganda (aka:Marketing) and salesmanship, the people bought the better marketed product. Same thing with Obama. He was sold to America by a master marketer, Oprah. Every single loser she's endorsed from Dr.Phil, to The Hollywood Doctor, to Obama has turned out to be a lemon and fraud yet people keep buying it.

If you want to argue that people are gullible fools who are easily herded you'll get no argument from me but since the sheep were given the vote, there is no arguing that they did not in fact vote FDR into the office. Unwritten rules are not rules.

There is no massive conspiracy to control people, they do it to themselves.

Good analogy! It just goes to show that you don't need to be a rocket scientist to make obscene amounts of money like Oprah did. Too bad for our country so many people think otherwise about Oprah.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Every once in a while, I can find a spark of value in Alex Jones. Especially when he addresses the abuses of The Federal Reserve Banking System or our movement towards a police state. I even share his concern about the activities of secretive organizations of uber-wealthy elitists.

Unfortunately, his conspiratorial mind seems to feed on the even more fanciful imaginings of some of his guests. Jerome Corsi makes Jones look rational.

So, how do I get my North American Union driver's license?
Why get a driver's license at all? Driver's licenses are for public servants. If you don't work for the government you shouldn't have to have one. Many who have researched the law have turned their driver's license and registration back in and established their sovereignty with the state. They also have figured out how the laws don't require anyone pay property tax. The only reason they do is that people presume they must when in fact they don't have to.

Old 10-05-2011, 05:39 PM

<<<<<<Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel
You know i thought about what you said and it is true. Two different flavors of Candy, with only different wrappers, however these two candys won't allow a third candy to come in. And we fight over which candy we like best, and basically they are pretty much the same, except one is more full of something then the other. And not full of chocolate, or peanut butter either.>>>>>>>>

If you are referring to Republicans and Democrats I think you mean two of the SAME flavors of candy only with different color wrappers. Or how about saying the two parties are like two different flavors of Vanilla? They are both practically the same.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:13 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,227,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
First of all, obama doesn't have that authority.

Secondly, he doesn't have the cojones.
HA!
ain't it the truth!

Old 10-05-2011, 07:35 PM

13,016 posts, read 19,009,070 times
"The executive power shall be vested in a President of the United States of America. He shall hold his Office during a term of four years, and, together with the Vice President, chosen for the same term, [i][b]Be Elected.
- US Constitution, Art II, Sec. I. There is no provision for the President to suspend elections.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:50 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,523,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Oops... someone's angry...
Definitely not angry, but amazed beyond belief!

Old 10-06-2011, 07:33 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,083,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
His popularity was hardly justified. The country was GROSSLY mismanaged under his watch.
I believe you are wrong...Ronald Reagan was the most popular as evidenced by his landslide election victory in 1984.

Most people I knew at the time FDR was President were disgusted with him. As young as I was at the time, I understood that most folks knew he had prolonged the depression (I was born during the depression) and only the war efforts/manufacturing snapped this country out of FDR's Great Depression.

As I recall, it was ONLY the Union members who thought he was the "cat's meow." But those same Union members didn't have a clue about economics, US Constitution or anything but their day-to-day, go-to-work, do their jobs and strike whenever the Union leadership (usually Mafia types) told them to strike.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:13 AM

4,127 posts, read 5,081,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
I believe you are wrong...Ronald Reagan was the most popular as evidenced by his landslide election victory in 1984.

Most people I knew at the time FDR was President were disgusted with him. As young as I was at the time, I understood that most folks knew he had prolonged the depression (I was born during the depression) and only the war efforts/manufacturing snapped this country out of FDR's Great Depression.

As I recall, it was ONLY the Union members who thought he was the "cat's meow." But those same Union members didn't have a clue about economics, US Constitution or anything but their day-to-day, go-to-work, do their jobs and strike whenever the Union leadership (usually Mafia types) told them to strike.
And more than a half a century later not a freaking thing has changed.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:40 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,061,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post

FDR ordered all Americans to turn in thier gold... or else...
All the gold was shipped to Fort Knox and then funnelled to wealthy European investors...

Old 10-07-2011, 11:44 AM

26,576 posts, read 14,532,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
FDR ordered all Americans to turn in thier gold... or else...
All the gold was shipped to Fort Knox and then funnelled to wealthy European investors...
must have happened at the same time he was canceling the elections.

do you actively hunt out every ridiculous crackpot conspiracy theory or is someone nice enough to bring them to you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections