Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 12:14 PM

5,391 posts, read 7,247,440 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC475 View Post
Lame duck... FDR was going to serve no matter what...
Do you even know what lame duck means?

For one thing, it doesn't mean "powerful politician who can run roughshod over election requirements and put himself into power regardless." Lame duck means a politician who is lacking in power, who is reaching the end of his term, who is ineffective, who doesn't have "political capital", who can safely be ignored or overruled. It's lame duck, not robustly-walking duck!

Using "lame duck" to imply a politician who has the power to remain in office no matter what has to be one of the most bizarre things I've read on C-D. It's only surpassed by the claim that national elections were canceled during WWII.

Last edited by robbobobbo; 10-07-2011 at 01:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 12:49 PM

26,580 posts, read 14,509,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
It's lame duck, not robustly-walking duck!
quote of the day.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:20 PM

927 posts, read 1,462,835 times
Quote:
FDR ordered all Americans to turn in thier gold... or else...
All the gold was shipped to Fort Knox and then funnelled to wealthy European investors...
but that is just one more crumb from the bread we called the Freedom and the governments obsession with making non Constitutional American Currency.

The Coinage Act of April 2, 1792, Section 10. And be it further enacted, That,

upon the said coins respectively, there shall

be the following devices and legends, namely:

Upon one side of each of the said coins there

shall be an impression emblematic of liberty,

with an inscription of the word Liberty, and

the year of the coinage; and upon the reverse

of each of the gold and silver coins there

shall be the figure or representation of an

eagle, with this inscription, "UNITED STATES

OF AMERICA" and upon the reverse of each of

the copper coins, there shall be an

inscription which shall express the

denomination of the piece, namely, cent or

half cent, as the case may require. (Source - http://www.constitution.org/uslaw/coinage1792.txt)
Does EVERYONE SEE? our currency was not intended to be paper

Add to that FDR thing another Democrats stunt (Woodrow Wilson)
which were the 16th and 17th Amendments which gave power to our American Currency to a private Bank (the Federal Reserve).

Wilson did that while most of the Senate and Congress were home for winter holiday season.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
must have happened at the same time he was canceling the elections.

do you actively hunt out every ridiculous crackpot conspiracy theory or is someone nice enough to bring them to you?
CRACK POT?? YOU??

again .. a right winger does your homework for you -- too easy!!
Quote:
January 30th, 1934
Congress passes the Gold Reserve Act in order to give government control over fluctuations in the value of the dollar. January 31 (SOURCE)
see what happens when you FAIL to double check the stuff your mouth claims to know?

Old 10-07-2011, 03:34 PM

22,231 posts, read 19,541,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
MY BAD ... thought you said there was no proof ... hate wearing my weak glasses ...

I just get fed up with liberal stupidity and their consistent lack of researching SIMPLE FACTS ...

impossible to keep track of who is liberal on which forum - I post to way too many!
You mean conservative stupidity right?? This whole FDR not electing thing, the whole thread and this whole conspiracy is coming from the furthest right of the far right claptrap.

Old 10-07-2011, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Kat said that there was no proof that FDR wouldn't have been re-elected.
You provided proof, as did she, that he had been re-elected.

See the difference?
No?
Might want to check that prescription.
Gee ya' think? No ... you don't otherwise you would not have tried to insult me with a comment like
Quote:
Might want to check that prescription.
after I said my glasses were weak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
You mean conservative stupidity right?? This whole FDR not electing thing, the whole thread and this whole conspiracy is coming from the furthest right of the far right claptrap.
NO ... I said what I intended to say

It has nothing to do with anyone's stupidity
and where is your proof that it is a conspiracy and NOT YOUR own stupidity?
You people bash people and look like fools doing it
If you think you know something - PROOF shows that you are not clueless ...

Now the link I showed even though I made a mistake with how I read Kat's post, did show the proof.

I stand by the fact that I did misread Kat's post ... and I have the backbone to admit it.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:24 AM

5,346 posts, read 4,057,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
must have happened at the same time he was canceling the elections.

do you actively hunt out every ridiculous crackpot conspiracy theory or is someone nice enough to bring them to you?
This is undisputable history... ... FDR ordered all Americans to surrender thier Gold in 1933... further deepening the Great Depression...

Old 10-08-2011, 09:06 PM

22,231 posts, read 19,541,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Duck View Post
Gee ya' think? No ... you don't otherwise you would not have tried to insult me with a comment like
after I said my glasses were weak

NO ... I said what I intended to say

It has nothing to do with anyone's stupidity
and where is your proof that it is a conspiracy and NOT YOUR own stupidity?
You people bash people and look like fools doing it
If you think you know something - PROOF shows that you are not clueless ...

Now the link I showed even though I made a mistake with how I read Kat's post, did show the proof.

I stand by the fact that I did misread Kat's post ... and I have the backbone to admit it.
What the hell are you talking about??

Yes, it was proven that FDR did not cancel the elections. That was absurd allegation. Pure stupidity and insane conspiracy. However, you chose to blame that stupidity on liberals when in fact it was a conservative who made those conspiracy allegations, not a liberal.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:55 PM

187 posts, read 182,348 times
Quote:
Dr. Jerome Coris joins Alex Jones on this Infowars Nightly News Monday Edition to discuss who is Barack H. Obama and will he cancel the 2012 elections under the cover of economic collapse?...

Obama May Cancel 2012 Elections!! - Dr. Jerome Corsi Reports 1/2 - YouTube

What planet are these idiots from????

Old 10-09-2011, 05:28 PM

68,369 posts, read 54,596,563 times
I'd like to thank Dr. Jerome Coris and Alex Jones for the continuing profitability of my tin-foil stocks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections