Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 12:20 PM

16,828 posts, read 15,244,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Rick Perry's real problem: He's not wearing well - CSMonitor.com

I doubt he'll be able to bounce back to where he was.

hope the same thing happens to romney.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 12:22 PM

38,857 posts, read 25,645,642 times
Wink Careful! They're always watching you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
I think Perry will never get the Hunting Camp name out of the spotlight. If the left leaning media believes him to be a threat to Obama....then they will use it to destroy him.

However, if they believe that Obama can easily beat Perry, you won't hear much about it until he gets the nomination....he will THEN be portrayed as a racist by the media. It will be the RACIST against the underdog black man...Obama...the sympathetic figure.

I believe the media plays a HUGE part in who the republicans nominate....as they did with McCain in 2008. The big networks gave McCain all sorts of publicity...had him on all the talk shows...treated him respectfully. Even though McCain wasn't even LEADING the GOP race...ROMNEY was!! BUT...the media knew Obama...who they wanted all along...could easily beat mcCain...and it worked.

I see...

If your guy doesn't win, it's the result of a media conspiracy.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:59 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,167,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Lets "wee" what happens? ROTFLMAO, thanks for the excellent laugh, lady, even typos can be fun at times eh.
Perry is falling behind big time and it is nearly all due to his fellow Repubs pointing out his many flaws along with his horrid debating skills, now you know why he refused to debate in the State elections. As I said to you in another post, start looking for another candidate, judging by your support of Perry I would say Romney is the closest candidate to Perry, both are neo-cons and share many of the same points of view. Anyway, just a thought.
Thanks again for the laugh
ok, I am laughing at myself: I know I type too fast, would you believe I talk too fast also? I bet you would. Yes, Perry is in trouble, no one is claiming he is not, but it is too soon to write him off. I still say this month could make him or break him.

Nita

Old 10-05-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I think Perry will never get the Hunting Camp name out of the spotlight. If the left leaning media believes him to be a threat to Obama....then they will use it to destroy him.

However, if they believe that Obama can easily beat Perry, you won't hear much about it until he gets the nomination....he will THEN be portrayed as a racist by the media. It will be the RACIST against the underdog black man...Obama...the sympathetic figure.

I believe the media plays a HUGE part in who the republicans nominate....as they did with McCain in 2008. The big networks gave McCain all sorts of publicity...had him on all the talk shows...treated him respectfully. Even though McCain wasn't even LEADING the GOP race...ROMNEY was!! BUT...the media knew Obama...who they wanted all along...could easily beat mcCain...and it worked.
I disagree: I think the hunting camp thing will be fully explained (in fact is has been) and it will die down. Right now the getting the right man or woman nominated is the important thing.

Nita

Old 10-05-2011, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I see...

If your guy doesn't win, it's the result of a media conspiracy.
A good part of it will be media driven, yes!!!!

Old 10-05-2011, 01:04 PM

898 posts, read 830,096 times
And in the end, obama will still be defeated by whoever the republican candidate is.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:13 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,994,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoomba View Post
And in the end, obama will still be defeated by whoever the republican candidate is.
Whoever is not on the ticket, so you will have to pick from one of those that are on the ticket and only ONE of them will make it to the final rounds, then we shall see how smart the GOP is or isn't.

Old 10-05-2011, 01:26 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,203,126 times
Quote:

I agree, but I also think the race was thrown pretty much. If McCain was a dog, he would have won first prize in the 'roll over and play dead' contest. It was predestined that Obama win last go round. The GOP orchestrated McCain's nomination because they knew it was a throw away election for them in 2008.

Old 10-05-2011, 03:11 PM

498 posts, read 1,460,561 times
I knew he had no where to go but down when he entered the race. I'm surprised he bombed after the last debate and not the first few.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:35 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,168,977 times
Rick Perry's Manufactured Miricle

Perry's narrative is attractive from afar but crumbling on close inspection. And its foundation is just as wobbly. When the Republican contenders (and the media covering them) talk about taxes, it's not a matter of if Texas' are low but how low they are — and whether Perry played any role in making them that way

"When we see him govern, he's awful," says Jason Stanford, a campaign consultant who ran former Democratic state Congressman Chris Bell's unsuccessful race against Perry for governor in 2006. "But when we see him campaign, he is a genius."

Rick Perry's Manufactured Miracle - Page 1 - News - Dallas - Dallas Observer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections