Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 06:45 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

Rick Perry raised $17 million in 49 days. Don't count him out.

"RickPerry.org, Inc. today announced it raised more than $17 million for the GOP primary race between Aug. 13 and Sept. 30 from more than 22,000 unique contributors. Because of his August 13th entry into the race, Gov. Perry raised funds for just 49 of the 92 days in the quarter."

51 percent of the money came from someplace else other than Texas.

Comments for Rick Perry for President 2012 » News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 07:11 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

"RickPerry.org, Inc. today announced it raised more than $17 million for the GOP primary race between Aug. 13 and Sept. 30 from more than 22,000 unique contributors. Because of his August 13th entry into the race, Gov. Perry raised funds for just 49 of the 92 days in the quarter."

Perry is done. He is TOAST. People see what a dangerous clown that phony is.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:42 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I think Perry's biggest downfall is that many of his supporters are like fairweather friends. He was so many of the extreme right wings candidate until he started showing his true colors on some of the issues. Many of them abadoned him about as quick as they started supporting him. Many went to Cain, some to Romney, but I doubt they have settled for good anyplace. This race is far from over. Perry could still make a comeback.
Ha! That makes sense his supports are as fairweather as the Dallas Cowboys we see here in San Antonio. When they are doing well, you see a lot of people wearing Cowboy jerseys, t-shirts, jackets, and have banners streaming from their cars and trucks. When the Cowboys are losing, all that stuff disappears into a closet.

Old 10-05-2011, 07:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWhopper View Post
Ha! That makes sense his supports are as fairweather as the Dallas Cowboys we see here in San Antonio. When they are doing well, you see a lot of people wearing Cowboy jerseys, t-shirts, jackets, and have banners streaming from their cars and trucks. When the Cowboys are losing, all that stuff disappears into a closet.
holy Cow, I have to wonder what kind of people live in San Antonio. I have been close to many Cowboy fans, from family and friends in the Dallas area to some in NM, and here in AR. I have never seen one that is fairweather. As for Perry supporters, you might be wrong there as well. Some are just not happy with his performance, that doesn't mean they no longer support him. YOu are living in your own dream world if you think that.

Nita

Old 10-05-2011, 08:02 PM

407 posts, read 388,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
holy Cow, I have to wonder what kind of people live in San Antonio. I have been close to many Cowboy fans, from family and friends in the Dallas area to some in NM, and here in AR. I have never seen one that is fairweather. As for Perry supporters, you might be wrong there as well. Some are just not happy with his performance, that doesn't mean they no longer support him. YOu are living in your own dream world if you think that.

Nita
What do you mean "performance?" I thought he lost supporters because he is not fiscally conservative and soft on immigration.

Herman Cain 2012!

Old 10-05-2011, 08:11 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
All republicans are racist.

Tea Party members are racist.

Rick Perry owns a hunting lodge named ni**$% head.

Support for Perry increases sharply.

Uh...wait a minute.....

Old 10-05-2011, 08:30 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,295,500 times
Quote:

Nita
You're right about San Antonio, I think this particular behavior is endemic to here. As to Perry bouncing back, I guess well have to see how that works out. With Palin officially out, the land of the blind will need to find a new one-eyed leader to be their king.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:42 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:

Nita

Nita, I certainly didn't mean to imply that you are a fairweather supporter. I realize many are not, but many are it seems. Somebody believes in Perry or they just have a lot of money they like to give away. He certainly did well on his fund raising. I don't think he is out by any means.

Old 10-06-2011, 05:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Nita, I certainly didn't mean to imply that you are a fairweather supporter. I realize many are not, but many are it seems. Somebody believes in Perry or they just have a lot of money they like to give away. He certainly did well on his fund raising. I don't think he is out by any means.
thanks Dixie, I didn't think you were referring to me directly. I am concerned, I did think he looked bad in the last debate (the first one, not so much) I do know debating is his weakest point or so we have been told. For those who think he lost support because of some of his views, I am sure he has lost some, I think we could all accept his popularity would not remain as high as it was when he jumped into the race, but I am waiting to see how he handles the next round of debates. Of course we will be out of the country and might not see them. We will have to demend on the very fair,unbiased media. SURE.

Old 10-07-2011, 03:04 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

If you are a conservative, you should hope he doesn't get nominated. He has no shot whatsoever at Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections