Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 04:25 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,793,178 times

Advertisements

Aren't many republicans supposed to be Christians? Do you Christian republicans really think that Jesus wants america to be fighting so many wars and killing so many people in the name of imperialism? When you come before Christ and the judgment what will your excuse be? Christ said love your enemies and bless those who abuse you ... He said to turn the other cheek and go the extra mile ... ! You will be judged ... ! And all the blood money in the world will not protect you from the justice of God.

"Don't let anybody make you think God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with justice and it seems I can hear God saying to America "you are too arrogant, and if you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power, and I will place it in the hands of a nation that doesn't even know my name. Be still and know that I'm God. Men will beat their swords into plowshafts and their spears into pruning hooks, and nations shall not rise up against nations, neither shall they study war anymore." I don't know about you, I ain't going to study war anymore."

Rev. Martin L. King Jr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 04:37 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Aren't many republicans supposed to be Christians? Do you Christian republicans really think that Jesus wants america to be fighting so many wars and killing so many people in the name of imperialism? When you come before Christ and the judgment what will your excuse be? Christ said love your enemies and bless those who abuse you ... He said to turn the other cheek and go the extra mile ... ! You will be judged ... ! And all the blood money in the world will not protect you from the justice of God.

"Don't let anybody make you think God chose America as his divine messianic force to be a sort of policeman of the whole world. God has a way of standing before the nations with justice and it seems I can hear God saying to America "you are too arrogant, and if you don't change your ways, I will rise up and break the backbone of your power, and I will place it in the hands of a nation that doesn't even know my name. Be still and know that I'm God. Men will beat their swords into plowshafts and their spears into pruning hooks, and nations shall not rise up against nations, neither shall they study war anymore." I don't know about you, I ain't going to study war anymore."

Rev. Martin L. King Jr.

Did you post this in the wrong thread? I have great respect for Martin Luther King, and I could tell you he would be appalled at much of what goes on today in the Democratic party in his name.

Old 10-08-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Did you post this in the wrong thread? I have great respect for Martin Luther King, and I could tell you he would be appalled at much of what goes on today in the Democratic party in his name.
Maybe i should have posted that in a new thread?

Indeed .., Especially assassinating an american citizen without due process ... He is certainly rolling over in his grave!

Old 10-08-2011, 05:01 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,699,727 times
Ponzi is probably crying on the shoulder of his man lover right about now. Sorry Ponz... most Americans aren't as stupid as Texans.

Old 10-08-2011, 07:17 PM

1,205 posts, read 1,860,905 times
Good, the man's a quack, I'd rather not see a hardline religious conservative take the office only to screw things up even worse than they are now. I'll take flip flopping Romney over him anyday of the week.

Old 10-08-2011, 08:55 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times
Quote:
Maybe i should have posted that in a new thread?

Indeed .., Especially assassinating an american citizen without due process ... He is certainly rolling over in his grave!

More than likely.

Old 10-09-2011, 05:29 AM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:

Rev. Martin L. King Jr.
What in Gods green Earth would make you think most Republicans are supposed to be Christians ? Are you saying most Democrats are Agnotic, Atheists, Buddist, Muslim, Hindos or whatever? I have never thougt there should be a connection between Religious beliefs and politcal party beliefs??

Nita

Old 10-09-2011, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What in Gods green Earth would make you think most Republicans are supposed to be Christians ? Are you saying most Democrats are Agnotic, Atheists, Buddist, Muslim, Hindos or whatever? I have never thougt there should be a connection between Religious beliefs and politcal party beliefs??

Nita
It doesn't matter what you think should be ... It matters what is ... If most republicans are not necessarily Christians, most Christians are definitely republican.

Old 10-09-2011, 08:58 AM

1,332 posts, read 998,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
I see...

If your guy doesn't win, it's the result of a media conspiracy.
No...but since you seem to be a short sighted person, I cannot expect you to understand the influence the media has on our elections.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:01 AM

78,862 posts, read 46,841,980 times
He who controls the media, controls the direction of the nation and of the world.

The internet is the spoiler!
How come the FCC and the Obama admin, want the keys to the internet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections