Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 01:07 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,237,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I'm not counting Perry out. He's been winning elections his whole adult life.

I've been thinking back to President Obama's time in the White House and I can't recall any debates he's participated in as President. In fact, I can't think of any sitting President who would say debating is is an activity of the President of the United States. It's only an activity of a candidate. So, why do we elect candidates based on how well they debate? What a President does do, oral communications-wise, is make speeches (but not write them), meet and greet, do press conferences, hold meetings, give orders and consult, schmooze with other heads of state. Maybe we should test them on some of that stuff.
I don't think we should count Perry out either, not by a long shot. Most the TV analists are not, including a couple libs.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 01:44 PM

25,231 posts, read 17,002,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't think we should count Perry out either, not by a long shot. Most the TV analists are not, including a couple libs.

Nita
Well, the papers here in Texas are pretty much calling him done, and that says a lot, especially when most supported his bid for Governor. Just so ya know.

Old 10-10-2011, 01:54 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,207,921 times
Well if it were up to Foxnews, Rick Perry would definitely not only be the nominee, but President. We wouldn't even need to vote...lol. I know Fox is not actually all that fair and balanced, but at least they usually try to pretend they are. On the subject of Rick Perry, they are so one sided it is pathetic. I have never really seen anything like it except with the mainstream media and Obama. I am going to have to start watching CNN and MSNBC if this continues. I am just not sure I can handle that either.

Last edited by dixiegirl7; 10-10-2011 at 02:57 PM..

Old 10-10-2011, 02:03 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,317,994 times
[/quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Well if it were up to Foxnews, Rick Perry would defnitely not only be the nominee, but President. We wouldn't even need to vote...lol. I know Fox is not actually all that fair and balanced, but at least they usually try to pretend they are. On the subject of Rick Perry, they are so one sided it is pathetic. I have never really seen anything like it except with the mainstream media and Obama. I am going to have to start watching CNN and MSNBC if this continues. I am just not sure I can handle that either.
Hannity in particular is so blatantly pushing for Perry he looks like the High School dork who suddenly has a chance to be friends with the popular quarterback. He pushed his way past Republican pundit straight into Perry sychophant.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Well, the papers here in Texas are pretty much calling him done, and that says a lot, especially when most supported his bid for Governor. Just so ya know.
Casper, if you are basing that comment on the Dallas Morning News, it isn't exactly the most conservative paper in print, the Telegram, that is a different story and if you are judging your comment on the Austin whatever it is called, you know how far to the left it is. I am not saying the Dallas Morning News is the most lberal paper I have read, it isn't, but it is still slanted.

NIta

Old 10-10-2011, 02:56 PM

Hannity in particular is so blatantly pushing for Perry he looks like the High School dork who suddenly has a chance to be friends with the popular quarterback. He pushed his way past Republican pundit straight into Perry sychophant.[/quote]

lol...that's a good comparison. I have just about quit watching Hannity. He has been a huge disappointment to me in the last few months and not just over the election. Those people on that show "The Five" irk me too...especially Dana Perino. It's pretty bad when I agree more with Bob Beckel than the conservatives on the show.

Old 10-10-2011, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Hannity in particular is so blatantly pushing for Perry he looks like the High School dork who suddenly has a chance to be friends with the popular quarterback. He pushed his way past Republican pundit straight into Perry sychophant.

lol...that's a good comparison. I have just about quit watching Hannity. He has been a huge disappointment to me in the last few months and not just over the election. Those people on that show "The Five" irk me too...especially Dana Perino. It's pretty bad when I agree more with Bob Beckel than the conservatives on the show. [/quote]

wow, I love "the Five" just started watching it about a month ago at the most. I am not a huge fan of Dana, I agree. Other than O'Reilly and Chris Wallace, "the Five" is the only thing I watch regularly on FOX>

Nita

Old 10-10-2011, 04:14 PM

2,953 posts, read 5,317,994 times
Quote:
lol...that's a good comparison. I have just about quit watching Hannity. He has been a huge disappointment to me in the last few months and not just over the election. Those people on that show "The Five" irk me too...especially Dana Perino. It's pretty bad when I agree more with Bob Beckel than the conservatives on the show.
wow, I love "the Five" just started watching it about a month ago at the most. I am not a huge fan of Dana, I agree. Other than O'Reilly and Chris Wallace, "the Five" is the only thing I watch regularly on FOX>

Nita[/quote]

O'Reilly and Wallace are the about the only Fox shows I watch anymore, too. I find the Fox and Friends morning show to be just....odd. O'reilly is certainly opinionated, but I think he is often more "Fair and Balanced" than the rest of the crew. He's not afraid to let both sides have it.

Old 10-10-2011, 04:30 PM

Quote:

Nita[/quote]

Nita, it might not irritate me so much if I weren't a Romney supporter. They are just so blatantly pro-Perry it is sickening. Of course, if they were pro-Romney, I would probably like them alright...lol.

Dana Perino is just not very smart and I am not saying that because of her obvious love of Perry. She really doesn't get it sometime on things she should know. I can't believe Bush had her as his press secretary...jeez! I know she sort of took over after Tony Snow got so sick, but surely they could have done better than that.

Old 10-10-2011, 09:37 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,672,265 times
Obvisiously, Dana Perino's connection (love) for Perry Is Bush connected ...and related!!

Why FOX NEWS supports that scondrel is a mystery? But, it's Big money talking....and appears Perry is 'bought and paid' for by those clowns (FOX)who gave that LIAR, Sean Hannity a show! He and FOX defended all the dastardly acts by the Bush administration. I think I see...

But, Perry DOOMED himself with his MORONIC comments in the last debate. = PERRY IS DONE!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections