Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 04:17 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,936,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Sure I am glad he didn't. No way could I have endured 13 months of harridan-like commentary about his weight such as the piece last week by Eugene Robinson of the WA Post.

IMO, Christie's weight should be a major factor in determining his ability to serve as President. There is no doubt that a morbidly obese person like CC lives a shorter life and suffers with more health problems than a person of more average size. I would never consider voting for a guy that is way past merely overweight like Chris Christie. To me, it shows a lack of self discipline and respect and disqualifies him for any consideration as the leader of our country. As an employer, I would also never consider hiring a person that was so disgustingly fat because it shows that they lack the ability to take care of themselves and I fear that the slovenly way that they treat their own bodies would be reflected in the way they perform their work duties. I also think that it is immensely disrespectful to the other employees and customers to make them deal with a person like Chris Christie that is so large that they are gross to even be around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 04:38 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
IMO, Christie's weight should be a major factor in determining his ability to serve as President. There is no doubt that a morbidly obese person like CC lives a shorter life and suffers with more health problems than a person of more average size. I would never consider voting for a guy that is way past merely overweight like Chris Christie. To me, it shows a lack of self discipline and respect and disqualifies him for any consideration as the leader of our country. As an employer, I would also never consider hiring a person that was so disgustingly fat because it shows that they lack the ability to take care of themselves and I fear that the slovenly way that they treat their own bodies would be reflected in the way they perform their work duties. I also think that it is immensely disrespectful to the other employees and customers to make them deal with a person like Chris Christie that is so large that they are gross to even be around.

The only thing 'gross' here is you and your attitude.

Old 10-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Sco

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The only thing 'gross' here is you and your attitude.
Maybe, but I have zero sympathy for people that are as fat as Chris Christie. I see no difference between the morbidly obese and drug addicts, they are both the result of poor choices and self abuse. Would you vote for a heroin addict to be President or hire them to work for a company that you owned? Why should a food addict like Christie be treated any differently?

In fact, a fattie like Christie is worse than a drug addict. Food does not create a physical dependency that is hard to control. Allowing yourself to get as fat as Chris Christie proves that you have zero self control and self respect and IMO, you deserve to be shunned and scorned by society.

Old 10-04-2011, 06:48 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,770,587 times
Quote:
Maybe, but I have zero sympathy for people that are as fat as Chris Christie. I see no difference between the morbidly obese and drug addicts, they are both the result of poor choices and self abuse. Would you vote for a heroin addict to be President or hire them to work for a company that you owned? Why should a food addict like Christie be treated any differently?

In fact, a fattie like Christie is worse than a drug addict. Food does not create a physical dependency that is hard to control. Allowing yourself to get as fat as Chris Christie proves that you have zero self control and self respect and IMO, you deserve to be shunned and scorned by society.
People sure do talk a lot of junk on the Internet............

Old 10-04-2011, 06:51 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,541,804 times
From what I hear from others, they, like me care that he refuses to run. That man has a lot of common sense, is outspoken and sounds like a man of Integrity-- somewhat like Reagan was, so refreshing compared to the career politicians.

But! Kissinger, Barbara Bush? and Nancy Reagan all want him to run, and this is a problem for me cuz all three of those are leftwing and Kissinger has always come across as some buddy of a "Super Powerful, Secret, International Cabal" or something--don't trust Kissinger one iota, so if HE wants Cristie...oh my.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:27 PM

77,770 posts, read 105,262,141 times
Quote:
some people are so shallow they think looks make a person. well, that didn't stop him from becoming a governor or a popular one at that. Did it ever occur to you some people (many as a matter of fact) are turned off by really skinny people? To even let this be an issue is unbelievable. We have a Pres that is a smoker, is that the same as a drug addict? Oh wait, he used coke when he was younger as well. Does that make you ill?

Old 10-04-2011, 07:36 PM
Sco

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
some people are so shallow they think looks make a person. well, that didn't stop him from becoming a governor or a popular one at that. Did it ever occur to you some people (many as a matter of fact) are turned off by really skinny people? To even let this be an issue is unbelievable. We have a Pres that is a smoker, is that the same as a drug addict? Oh wait, he used coke when he was younger as well. Does that make you ill?
It has nothing to do with looks, it is the lack of any self control that I have a problem with. If you keep eating even after you have reached 300+ lbs eventually getting up to the 500+ range that Christie is in, you have a serious problem with your inability to take control of your own eating and exercise habits. IMO, that complete lack of any discipline or self control in managing your weight is a direct reflection of your character.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:39 PM

24,644 posts, read 38,770,587 times
Quote:
It has nothing to do with looks, it is the lack of any self control that I have a problem with. If you keep eating even after you have reached 300+ lbs eventually getting up to the 500+ range that Christie is in, you have a serious problem with your inability to take control of your own eating and exercise habits. IMO, that complete lack of any discipline or self control in managing your weight is a direct reflection of your character.
And the nasty, hateful screeds you deposit on this site are a direct reflection of yours.

Old 10-04-2011, 09:47 PM

25,606 posts, read 56,701,656 times
Just saw Christie on the news. Wowsa - much, much heavier than I had thought - he's almost as round as he is tall!! No way would this man survive the rigors of a national campaign. Never. Enlarged heart, heart attack, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. - all in his future, for sure. Can't imagine why any serious Republican kingmaker would want a candidate who could very likely collapse at any time.

The man needs to spend the next fours working on his health and spending time with his family. If he doesn't deal with the weight issue now, he may not be here in four years.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:47 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,209,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnysee View Post
From what I hear from others, they, like me care that he refuses to run. That man has a lot of common sense, is outspoken and sounds like a man of Integrity-- somewhat like Reagan was, so refreshing compared to the career politicians.

But! Kissinger, Barbara Bush? and Nancy Reagan all want him to run, and this is a problem for me cuz all three of those are leftwing and Kissinger has always come across as some buddy of a "Super Powerful, Secret, International Cabal" or something--don't trust Kissinger one iota, so if HE wants Cristie...oh my.

Barbara Bush is left wing??? Now that is a new one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections