Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:12 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,994,130 times

Advertisements

I'm from CA. Nobody here really cares that big daddy isn't running? The only news I've ever heard about him is that he needed to take a helicopter to his son's baseball game. And then he took a limo 100 yards to the bleachers. Why would you want someone like that for President anyways?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 11:14 AM

4,112 posts, read 4,479,549 times
well alot of the right-leaning folks in here were ready to jump on his bandwagon if he did. But of course you know that the thoughts expressed in here are in no plausible way representative of the thoughts actually express in the whole country.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:20 AM

12,373 posts, read 13,206,650 times
I think he has skeletons in the closet that he was afraid of being dug out if he ran....jmho.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:23 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,343,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
I'm from CA. Nobody here really cares that big daddy isn't running? The only news I've ever heard about him is that he needed to take a helicopter to his son's baseball game. And then he took a limo 100 yards to the bleachers. Why would you want someone like that for President anyways?
CA? Chris Christie is actually what you people need, instead you have Jerry Brown...good luck

Chris Christie won't be going away. NJ was an absolute disaster after successive Democratic administrations gave away taxpayer monies to the public sector unions. And Christie broke their hold on the state. It wasn't pretty, but he was fierce, passionate and effective, and despite a massive campaign funded by the teacher's unions, he won over popular opinion. And he influenced governors in other states, including Andrew Cuomo in NY.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:28 AM

26 posts, read 14,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I think he has skeletons in the closet that he was afraid of being dug out if he ran....jmho.
for better or worse he works in a brash manner, so it would not be a surprise if he has some skeletons.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,681,519 times
Quote:
Could be. And they're probably really big skeletons. And some of them are probably still alive.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:31 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,343,979 times
Quote:
I doubt it. The unions did a lot of oppo on him when he ran for governor. If it was there, they would have used it.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:43 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,876,854 times
One thing about having a wide body like that, certainly holds a lot of hot air.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:47 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,630,117 times
Had it not been for some outstandingly bad governing by his immediate predecessors, Christie wouldn't have had an icicle's chance in hell of becoming Governor of New Jersey. So if he ultimately decides not to run for President in 2012, that will be the reason. He's going to hold on to what he has, rather than play Let's Make a Deal and risk it for what's behind the brightly colored curtain.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:57 AM

488 posts, read 555,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
I'm honestly surprised at his apparent popularity considering he seems to be a very moderate, if not centrist, republican. So many people (on both sides) seem to have an "all or nothing" approach to politics, and I could imagine his less conservative views would be unpopular. My superficial opinion, based on the short clips I've seen, is that I kind of like his style of being upfront and blunt. It's may not always pleasant, but I would much prefer a politician that just tells it how it is.

If he had changed his mind and ran after his vehement rejection of the idea it would have been an instant turn off to me. We do not need any more politicians that say one thing to us, and then turn around and do the exact opposite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections