Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2011, 04:48 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,519,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
I don't think that anyone was saying that the majority of food had gone up 30%. There has been a noticeable increase in food prices and the scam of shrinking packages. I noticed a few items (could be more but I don't pay attention to every item, I just happened to notice these) from my food co-op did go up almost 30% last month. That is a huge amount in a short time and these were basic foods. This is alarming to me. The same people that predicted the housing bubble and the tech bubble have been predicting massive inflation.

Couponing can really be worth it depending on what you buy. I used to do extreme couponing and would get many items for free or for very little money and sometimes even got paid to take things out of the store. We changed how we eat though and only purchase whole, natural foods now. I make pretty much all of our meals from scratch and we buy a lot of food in bulk to get the best deals.
It isn't just that prices are skyrocketing but the amount of product you get inside the package has been reduced SUBSTANTIALLY. It used to be that you could get a box of quality natural cereal that was filled to the top. Now you are lucky if it is 2/3 full when you open it.

Also the quality of the food isn't as high as it once was. Certainly people buying food in regular grocery stores are getting meat, poultry and eggs loaded with antibiotics and dairy loaded with rBGH. They are getting grocery items that are loaded with GMOs. You need to take that into consideration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 04:48 PM

812 posts, read 597,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
And with it...and his CEO Garbage proposal....the pizza man will fall flat, too!!

The 'race card' he played...was the revealing exposure about this guy's character, or 'Lack of!'
If you don't believe that black folk are voting in droves for demwits because they are brainwashed then you are living an illusion, perhaps better more correct, a delusion.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:54 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,519,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Why don't you buy your cat, catfood, grow your own tomatoes, buy a fishin pole and eat cinnamon on toast, learn to sing the national anthem and raise Cain!
He's a special needs cat and needs quality food. I've tried growing tomatoes here but it is too hot and I don't like the idea of eating fish from the Gulf or the Atlantic or the Pacific for that matter after all of the disasters that have polluted the water BP with the oil and worse -- the Corexit they sprayed which is now everywhere AND now we have the fallout from Fukishima.

Old 10-11-2011, 02:28 AM

313 posts, read 836,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
well we some things eye to eye. I too buy in bulk if I have room to store it and I cook 90% from scratch. I do use frozen sometimes, like fish of course. If we depended on fresh we would eat fish. We don't exactly live on the coast.. Yes, the poster was indicating most things have gone up 30% in the past few months, that is the only thing I was referring to and yes, I am very much aware of when to use and not use coupons. If you do cook from scratch and there are only 2 in the family, plus the days of double and triple coupons being about gone, it isn't nearly as profitable as in years past, plus some of the less expensive and bulk store like Sams, Costco, and ALdis do not accept coupons.

Nita
We don't eat much seafood since anything that is priced decently is frozen from places like China. Couponing is profitable still, you just have to know how to play the game. We don't have double or triple coupons here and I managed to get stuff for free or even be paid to take stuff out of the store. But yeah, if you do the majority of your cooking from scratch, there isn't much point in that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
It isn't just that prices are skyrocketing but the amount of product you get inside the package has been reduced SUBSTANTIALLY. It used to be that you could get a box of quality natural cereal that was filled to the top. Now you are lucky if it is 2/3 full when you open it.

Also the quality of the food isn't as high as it once was. Certainly people buying food in regular grocery stores are getting meat, poultry and eggs loaded with antibiotics and dairy loaded with rBGH. They are getting grocery items that are loaded with GMOs. You need to take that into consideration.
Yes, the quality of the food is horrible. It really is scary all the garbage that is allowed into/onto our food. I noticed a huge difference when we switched to organic food several months ago. Never could have imagined, and we didn't eat a lot of processed food either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections