Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 03:13 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,393,102 times

Advertisements

Did you like the Iraq War? Then you'll LOVE Willard's Foreign Policy team .

Mitt Romney taps foreign policy, national security advisers - The Washington Post

It draws heavily on the same Israeli spy neocon characters from the same RW think tanks that made such great decisions in W's administration (Dan Senor, Robert Kagan...etc)

Tomorrow, Willard will give a "major foreign policy" address at The Citadel in SC. Here's a preview:

"Blah blah blah, Obama's doing it wrong, blah blah blah, we can WIN in Afghanistan, just like we WON in Iraq, abandoned our allies, blah blah blah, we're less safe, lost the ME, blah blah blah, Israel is all butthurt, here's a BIG smooch on the butt for Israel...blah, blah blah"

The irony is, except for the Neocons (who will try to get Willard to bomb Iran), Romney's foreign policy will be almost IDENTICAL to Obama's (just not as smart ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 03:25 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,660,510 times
I think a Republic victory in 2012 will all but guarantee we're going to spend a few more years in Afghanistan than we would if Obama wins. It's a real shame too, because I think most people realize we could walk away tomorrow or walk away five years from now and things will be about the same there. Obama should have used bin Laden's death as a pretext to begin massive withdrawls from the area. Iraq is going to fall under the influence of Iran and Afghanistan is going to fall back under the sway of Pakistan. Everyone who was paying attention knew this would happen back in 2002/03 when Bush began this fiasco.

Wars should have clear objectives and clear exit strategies. The 1999 version of Bush would have agreed with that statement. It's a real shame we went all Soviet and tried to export our revolution abroad after 9/11. What do you expect from neocons though? Many of them are former Marxists.

Old 10-06-2011, 03:27 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,029,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Did you like the Iraq War?
Tomorrow, Willard will give a "major foreign policy" address at The Citadel in SC. Here's a preview:

Romney's foreign policy will be almost IDENTICAL to Obama's (just not as smart ).
I don't think Obama is smart so I left that part in just so
I could dispute it

ALL the candidates have the same foreign policy
EXCEPT RON PAUL, GARY JOHNSON, and maybe
Huntsman (a little)

Obama is George Bush III on steroids
Bombs away.... (or should I say Drones)

RON PAUL MAKES LITTLE GIRL CRY!!! - YouTube
Crying in a good way
Ron Paul 2012 Official Campaign Website

Old 10-06-2011, 10:25 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,183,347 times
This shows how proactive and prepared Romney is and he is going to be ready to take over day 1 if he is the nominee and then wins the presidential election. This is the type of person we need who gets things done in a timely manner.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:51 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,664,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
This shows how proactive and prepared Romney is and he is going to be ready to take over day 1 if he is the nominee and then wins the presidential election. This is the type of person we need who gets things done in a timely manner.
Says you. I just saw the video of Romney waffling as bad or worse than 'slick willie' Clinton...the 'LIAR-IN-CHIEF' of '92 -2000.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 PM

313 posts, read 834,709 times
Romney: U.S. is not a "nation of followers" - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Another article.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:01 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,664,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post
What's your point? You're for just doing away with our Strong National Defense, like Ron Paul advocates...is that it?

Old 10-06-2011, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StampinTami View Post

I like this quote from that article:

"God did not create this country to be a nation of followers," Romney asserts in the prepared text. "America is not destined to be one of several equally balanced global powers."

I am glad someone wants to restore America back to the leadership role we should have. Romney plans to reverse all of the Obama defense cuts immediately, even though cuts will still be made in all other areas of the budget at 5% each year until the deficit is reduced.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:50 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,258,419 times
If you want more wars, more deficits, more debt, and thought George W Bush was a fantastic president, then you'll LOVE Romney.

Of course, Romney may very well completely change his position on defense spending tomorrow, so his policy stances on any matter is pretty much worthless.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:51 PM

Just because you have defense, it does not mean you will need to use it. We are in more wars right now than we were under Bush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections