Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 06:55 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
hahaha again, any Police Officer or firefighter, or soldier, sailor marine or airman, active or retired who believes that one deserves what the Koch brothers give them
Stop the thread hijacking with the incessant Koch Bros. posts. They have absolutely nothing to do with Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 06:57 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
I found lots of citations where Mr Cain speaks about federal spending.

"Cain said he favors an across-the-board cut to federal spending of, perhaps, ten percent." and many others...they are out there if you spend a few minutes.

Can't speak to the Bilderberg conspiracy thing, as I couldn't find any objective sources. Plenty of conspiracy from both left and right. I'll keep looking though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Cains plan says nothing about cutting out of control government spending which is the main problem, not revenue.
But that is to be expected of someone who believes in big government and attended the Bilderberg meetings

Old 10-08-2011, 09:15 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,455,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post

"Cain said he favors an across-the-board cut to federal spending of, perhaps, ten percent." and many others...they are out there if you spend a few minutes.

Can't speak to the Bilderberg conspiracy thing, as I couldn't find any objective sources. Plenty of conspiracy from both left and right. I'll keep looking though.
Perhaps ten percent cut in Federal spending but yet he's going to ADD a 9% national sales tax. Big Deal. As far as I'm concerned Cain should be TOTALLY ruled out if for no other reason than he worked at the Federal Reserve and he was a bankster and SUPPORTED the bankster bailouts! But ADDING another 9% national sales tax only makes him that much MORE undesirable as a candidate.

Old 10-08-2011, 09:17 PM

5,346 posts, read 4,046,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Winning despite what the big media wants people to think!

Ron Paul Wins 2011 Values Voter Straw Poll, Herman Cain Takes Second Place - ABC News

Not suprisingly the folks at Fox News are dismissing this once again.
Can't wait for the Ron Paul inauguration in 2013...

Old 10-08-2011, 09:42 PM

309 posts, read 427,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Perhaps ten percent cut in Federal spending but yet he's going to ADD a 9% national sales tax. Big Deal. As far as I'm concerned Cain should be TOTALLY ruled out if for no other reason than he worked at the Federal Reserve and he was a bankster and SUPPORTED the bankster bailouts! But ADDING another 9% national sales tax only makes him that much MORE undesirable as a candidate.
Cain's 999 plan is troublesome in that his Phase I "999" plan is implemented prior to Phase II when the Fair Tax is implemented before getting rid of the IRS. While 999 sounds good because many of the current taxes would be eliminated, (payroll tax of 15.3%, capital gains, death tax etc.), I'm skeptical of any plan being implemented prior to ending the IRS for obvious reasons.

I agree Cain's previous employment with the Fed in Kansas City is cause for concern. Makes me think he is part of the problem and not part of the solution. In the end, what can one person do? At least Ron Paul will veto bills that don't pass the Constitutional smell test. I have more faith he would be able to get the most done to get us back on track which is why I'll be voting for him again.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:12 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,267,956 times
Cain's 999 plan means he wants to continue to spend big, just change the way the money comes in.
By the way, a 10% cut in federal spending is a joke. That would not get us to where we need to be. Sounds to me like another one of these "rate cuts".

Old 10-08-2011, 10:25 PM

309 posts, read 427,793 times
Agreed, we are in big trouble and we need big changes to government which include massive spending cuts. 10% IS a joke. Who buys into that?

Old 10-08-2011, 10:57 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,267,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
Agreed, we are in big trouble and we need big changes to government which include massive spending cuts. 10% IS a joke. Who buys into that?
Foxnews viewers.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:40 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,256,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I bet the "values voters" recognize bigotry when they see it, though. It's coming through loud and clear every time you start typing.

*YAWN* Don't even go there, my mormon dear. As I've said many times, my favorite Republican is Jon Hunstman, and I would absolutely vote for him if he were the GOP nominee.

Old 10-09-2011, 03:08 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post

Plenty of generalities. Nothing specific with examples.
That's the thing about some of these talk show hosts. They know how to excite the fan base. He's very personable and likeable.

Bilderberg isn't a conspiracy. He attended the meetings in 2009.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections