Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2011, 02:08 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times

Advertisements

"I'm Fighting Corruptive Power of Big Money" - Gov. Buddy Roemer, The Rachel Maddow Show @ MSNBC - YouTube

"Special Interest Money Controls Washington" - Gov. Buddy Roemer, The Last Word @ MSNBC - YouTube

"Politics in Washington Are Corrupt" - Gov. Buddy Roemer, Morning Joe @ MSNBC - YouTube

Quote:
The corrupting influences that special interests have over our political system have never been stronger. Politicians in Washington, D.C. are completely beholden to these special interest groups to fund their political campaigns. It is time that someone stands-up against the power of the big checks, the bundled checks and the corporate checks.
This campaign is about challenging the institutionally corrupt forces that are opposing real reform. I want to empower the average citizens on Main Street, not the well-paid lobbyists from Wall Street. To do so, I will need the support of some of the 99% of Americans who have never donated to a candidate for elected office.
I am committed to fighting these corrupt special interests and I am willing to take the tough, bold steps necessary to do so. That is why I have refused to accept PAC money and limited individual campaign donations to a maximum of $100. We need a President who is free to lead.
Fighting Special Interests | Buddy Roemer for President | BuddyRoemer.com

Quote:
Our current tax code is unfair, unreadable and unworkable. The corporate loopholes written into law by the special interests in Washington reward the few at the expense of the many. It costs small business far too much time and money to comply with our current tax regime, while at the same time many large corporations exploit this system and and pay little to no federal taxes at all.
I have called for the elimination of tax breaks for corporations that ship American jobs overseas. Right now the federal government subsidizes companies that create products or provide services outside of our county and gives credit to those who pay foreign taxes. Large corporations should not be able to avoid paying their fair share by simply exploiting loopholes in our tax code.
We need a tax structure that is simpler, fairer, flatter and more broad-based. I support the elimination of special interest tax loopholes combined with a significant lowering of the marginal rate for both individuals and corporations. By reforming our tax code, we can empower small businesses, spur economic growth, create new jobs and become more competitive globally.
Reforming Taxes | Buddy Roemer for President | BuddyRoemer.com

You can read more about him at buddyroemer.com. I saw this guy for the first time on the Dylan Ratigan show, I was floored. Here's a guy running for President, a Republican no less, saying just about everything I've been saying for years! Reforming the tax code and campaign finance reform are two of my pet issues. Why isn't this guy a frontrunner? Sadly I know the answer to my own question, he's not a boot-licking sell out to Wall St and the special interests. This guy cares about America and would put We the People first, so naturally the corporate media will essentially black him out, just like they did Ron Paul in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2011, 02:12 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,515,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post

"I'm Fighting Corruptive Power of Big Money" - Gov. Buddy Roemer, The Rachel Maddow Show @ MSNBC - YouTube

"Special Interest Money Controls Washington" - Gov. Buddy Roemer, The Last Word @ MSNBC - YouTube

"Politics in Washington Are Corrupt" - Gov. Buddy Roemer, Morning Joe @ MSNBC - YouTube

Fighting Special Interests | Buddy Roemer for President | BuddyRoemer.com

Reforming Taxes | Buddy Roemer for President | BuddyRoemer.com

You can read more about him at buddyroemer.com. I saw this guy for the first time on the Dylan Ratigan show, I was floored. Here's a guy running for President, a Republican no less, saying just about everything I've been saying for years! Reforming the tax code and campaign finance reform are two of my pet issues. Why isn't this guy a frontrunner? Sadly I know the answer to my own question, he's not a boot-licking sell out to Wall St and the special interests. This guy cares about America and would put We the People first, so naturally the corporate media will essentially black him out, just like they did Ron Paul in 2008.
Na i endorse Herman Cain 2012. 9/9/9 Tax Code and real plans to fix the economy+Business experiance. Herman Cain will get rid of the 9% unemployment rate. Something Obama can't say. So if you want a job Herman cain will get the engine started and the private sector will keep it moving.

Old 10-10-2011, 02:28 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Na i endorse Herman Cain 2012. 9/9/9 Tax Code and real plans to fix the economy+Business experiance. Herman Cain will get rid of the 9% unemployment rate. Something Obama can't say. So if you want a job Herman cain will get the engine started and the private sector will keep it moving.
Why would I support Herman Cain when he's nothing but a corporatist insider? The man worked for the FED and supported TARP, and his recent mocking of the #OWS movement shows to me that he doesn't care about Wall St reform and campaign finance reform.

Besides Herman Cain's 999 "plan" would actually increase taxes on many Americans and is regressive. Aside from that I haven't heard him actually expand his thoughts beyond talking point length and he recently opted out of campaigning to go on a book tour. He has no base or ground support in Iowa or New Hampshire or anywhere really, the man's not serious in his run for President. He's just looking to get his 15 minutes.

Also, interestingly you posted your response 4 minutes after I posted my OP, the videos are 7, 8, and 7 minutes long, so you didn't have time to even view one fully, let alone all 3, nor is that enough time to read through his website. I doubt you have Gov. Roemer much consideration, just dismissed him and spouted off Cain talking points.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections