Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 09:27 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,481,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
This ad nails it. Not only that, but talk about cultural changes. The ad gives the example of Chinese or Russians in Texas. What about the changes occurring in this country because immigrants are not assimilating? You know, press one for English, illegal aliens getting in-state tuition in colleges when citizen students are not eligible. These are only two examples which further serve to divide our nation pitting one side against another. Maybe that was the plan all along. United we stand, divided we fall. My two cents.
I was wondering about why they kept mentioning Texas too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2011, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
I must say, it is a great message.

Too bad Ron Paul will NEVER win the nomination of his party for president. 80% of Republicans would NEVER vote for him. And since Ron Paul has stated he would not run as an Independent and since no other Republican candidate adopts anything on the Ron Paul platform, Ron Paul is basically wasting everyone's time and money every 4 years when he runs for president.
Don't be so sure. He just won a huge poll in Washington DC the values poll by a huge margin. Tons of people were there in the audience.

Regarding wasting money. People, by voting for who the media want them to vote for are losing a lot more money from the policies that benefit the elites while they steal from everyone else. You and others also are throwing your chance to be FREE again out thw window by voting the status quo. If people would GET THAT THROUGH THEIR THICK HEADS this country would be a lot better off with someone like Ron Paul as president. It shouldn't be such a difficult thing to grasp but evidently it is. People are so brainwashed they LIKE being slaves to the banksters and the government.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:34 AM

4,734 posts, read 4,339,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
How did Ron Paul waste your time, when you as an individual still have a choice.
Unless he can win the nomination, he won't be on every ballot, which means he has no chance to win unless he can run effectively as an independent. So yes, unfortunately, I agree that he's wasting everyone's time. I like much of what Ron Paul has to say but sometimes I think he's nothing more than just a mindless ideologue, which is harsh because I know he's actually extremely thoughtful and articulate. But he needs to be more practical and realistic sometimes.

Old 10-09-2011, 09:34 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,848,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
This is his "How would we like it if China or some other country was doing what we do in other countries to us argument".

It is a great ad I think.

The Greatest Antiwar Ad Ever SeenThe Greatest Antiwar Ad Ever Seen
We already have all of this "stuff" under auspices of the FBI/DEA/ATF. Remember...Ruby Ridge..Waco?

Old 10-09-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Don't be so sure. He just won a huge poll in Washington DC the values poll by a huge margin. Tons of people were there in the audience.
The Republican machine will make sure that he does not get on the ballot. That's what Ron Paul holdouts seem to not understand here. The delegates process is an extremely complicated one. I studied constitutional law and I don't even entirely understand every bit of it myself. But the short of it is, the Republican party delegates end up shaping up the race by determining who gets the money to run campaigns, and who gets delegates from each state. It's not just as simple as having high voter interest. Ron Paul's best bet at getting stardom and possibly the White House is to run independently and get on ever ballot in every state.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:01 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,727,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Unless he can win the nomination, he won't be on every ballot, which means he has no chance to win unless he can run effectively as an independent. So yes, unfortunately, I agree that he's wasting everyone's time. I like much of what Ron Paul has to say but sometimes I think he's nothing more than just a mindless ideologue, which is harsh because I know he's actually extremely thoughtful and articulate. But he needs to be more practical and realistic sometimes.

When you as an individual have a choice, how does he waste your time?

Old 10-09-2011, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
When you as an individual have a choice, how does he waste your time?
It's not as simple as who's winning the public opinion polls. The Republican party and the Democratic party control the voting process altogether. They determine who gets campaign funding; who appears in debates; who gets attention after debates; whose names appear on ballots, and where on the ballots they appear. Believe me, the Republican party may like the fact that Paul's in their party and they'll try to court some of his voting block, but that's about as far as their support of and attraction to him goes.

I will say that the one good thing that Paul has going in his favor is that the GOP is having a hell of a hard time finding a candidate they can all agree upon. My guess is that Mitt Romney will end up being the eventual candidate. I suspect that the GOP's love affair with Herman Cain will be short-lived, now that he will start drawing more fire from competitors like Perry. Perry's headed down the chute. Bachmann's clinging on to faint hopes. Palin and Christie have announced they're not running. Christie might have made the interesting; Palin, too, but for different reasons. Republicans may not like Mitt, but if it's a choice between a Mormon and another four years of Obama, my guess is they'll grudgingly go with the Mormon.

Old 10-09-2011, 01:30 PM

309 posts, read 428,629 times
Unfortunately there are many voters who believe it when they are told Ron Paul is "unelectable". There are folks out there miming that, it makes them sound as if they really know all about Ron Paul and his policies and by default all the other candidates as well. The truth is the American voter is pathetically uniformed and apathetic. Oh they may watch one debate and base their decisions on who the talking heads say "won" the debate, or they may just vote for who their family and friends vote for after one discussion over a cup of coffee. In the end, we get the government we deserve. It is frustrating as hell for those of us who actually give a rats behind. I will vote for Ron Paul again.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:06 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,259,169 times
Ron Paul should either put up or shut up: run as an Independent. Because Dr. Paul will NEVER win his party's nomination for president. Ever.

Old 10-09-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
The Republican machine will make sure that he does not get on the ballot. That's what Ron Paul holdouts seem to not understand here. The delegates process is an extremely complicated one. I studied constitutional law and I don't even entirely understand every bit of it myself. But the short of it is, the Republican party delegates end up shaping up the race by determining who gets the money to run campaigns, and who gets delegates from each state. It's not just as simple as having high voter interest. Ron Paul's best bet at getting stardom and possibly the White House is to run independently and get on ever ballot in every state.
Money isn't the be all and end all. Look at Rick Perry. He has more money than love and he's petering out. He landed some obcenely huge corporate donations right around the time he messed up in the last debate. You need BOTH money AND a message-- even the experts agree on that. Ron Paul not only has both but he has a track record and experience and name recognition. None of the others running as Republicans have a message and they all have skeletons in their closets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections