Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 09:32 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,482,378 times

Advertisements

This is his "How would we like it if China or some other country was doing what we do in other countries to us argument".

It is a great ad I think.

The Greatest Antiwar Ad Ever SeenThe Greatest Antiwar Ad Ever Seen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2011, 09:50 PM

Location: Currently I physically reside on the 3rd planet from the sun
2,220 posts, read 1,881,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
This is his "How would we like it if China or some other country was doing what we do in other countries to us argument".

It is a great ad I think.

The Greatest Antiwar Ad Ever SeenThe Greatest Antiwar Ad Ever Seen
I like his original speech better instead of this guys voice.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:39 PM

309 posts, read 428,663 times
This ad nails it. Not only that, but talk about cultural changes. The ad gives the example of Chinese or Russians in Texas. What about the changes occurring in this country because immigrants are not assimilating? You know, press one for English, illegal aliens getting in-state tuition in colleges when citizen students are not eligible. These are only two examples which further serve to divide our nation pitting one side against another. Maybe that was the plan all along. United we stand, divided we fall. My two cents.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:49 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,271,860 times
Say what you want about Iran, but if Pakistan were my neighbor, I 'd want some nukes too. None of our business.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:53 PM

309 posts, read 428,663 times
Exactly right NC. Not only that, but I believe Israel is more than capable of taking care of themselves if Iran decided to strike.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:59 PM

1,081 posts, read 2,271,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBorn View Post
Exactly right NC. Not only that, but I believe Israel is more than capable of taking care of themselves if Iran decided to strike.
True. Oh, and Saudi Arabia, with all it's weapons, is no fan of Iran.

Old 10-09-2011, 04:27 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,259,263 times
I must say, it is a great message.

Too bad Ron Paul will NEVER win the nomination of his party for president. 80% of Republicans would NEVER vote for him. And since Ron Paul has stated he would not run as an Independent and since no other Republican candidate adopts anything on the Ron Paul platform, Ron Paul is basically wasting everyone's time and money every 4 years when he runs for president.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:10 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,731,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
I must say, it is a great message.

Too bad Ron Paul will NEVER win the nomination of his party for president. 80% of Republicans would NEVER vote for him. And since Ron Paul has stated he would not run as an Independent and since no other Republican candidate adopts anything on the Ron Paul platform, Ron Paul is basically wasting everyone's time and money every 4 years when he runs for president.

How did Ron Paul waste your time, when you as an individual still have a choice.

How did Ron Paul waste your money?

Are you not part of everybody? Or are you above everybody, looking down your nose at them?

No other Republican? Perry seems to have jumped on Paul's Fed deal and wanted to one up Paul and it backfired on him.
Bachmann has accepted Paul vision on most everything, but she is not convincing that she is honest about it.

Everyone on that stage, has started to shout what Ron has been preaching since 1977.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:27 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,731,874 times
All the candidates for the GOP nod, have suddenly taken on Ron's long standing position on the size of Government and the constant infringement of the Constitution.

Nixon didn't have it
Ford didn't have it
Reagan didn't have it
Bush 1&2 didn't have it.
Bigger progressive government and increased spending to pay for it. Just not as aggressive as their progressive Democrat, brothers and sisters.

Old 10-09-2011, 06:46 AM

4,100 posts, read 4,525,538 times
Awesome advert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections