Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 08:14 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,336 times

Advertisements

Here's a nice list of promises broken by Obama. There's "only" around 50..I guess for some here that constitutes success..

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 08:35 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,137,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Besides not being a Republican. Here is a list of his accomplishments. Pretty impressive.

Ordered the White House and all federal agencies to respect the Freedom of Information Act and overturned Bush-era limits on accessibility of federal documents (2009)
• Instructed all federal agencies to promote openness and transparency as much as possible (2009)
• Issued the “Open Gov Directive” ordering all Cabinet departments to promote transparency and citizen participation in their policies (2010)
Union blasts secretive Obama administration - Washington Times

Quote:
• Placed limits on lobbyists’ access to the White House (2009)
• Placed limits on White House aides working for lobbyists after their tenure in the administration (2009)
• Signed a measure strengthening registration and reporting requirements for lobbyists (2009)
• Ordered that lobbyists must be removed from and are no longer permitted to serve on federal and White House advisory panels and boards (2009) * Note: After saying he would not hire lobbyists, a few have been hired in the Administration
• Signed extensions on banning lobbyists from serving on agency boards (2010)
Obama, who 'excluded lobbyists', has appointed 50 - Washington Examiner (http://washingtonexaminer.com/news/science-and-technology/obama-who-039excluded-lobbyists039-has-appointed-50 - broken link)

Oh yeah, here a good one to run on:

Quote:
• Proposed rolling back the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans (2010) * Note: This would be for families earning over $250,000/year and would return their tax rates to the 1990’s level
Here is another joke of an accomplishment:

Quote:
• Has been holding open meetings with Republican leaders, although they complain of a lack of access and information (2010)
Eric Cantor: Obama Hasn’t Met With Republicans Since May | SPITFIRE MURPHY

Why even bother going thru this list full of crap, what did any of it get us, except endless 9% unemployment, over $4 trillion in new debt, an 0bama recession, and sooner then we think, hyper inflation.

0bama signs a bill and you guys go thru the list of all the new regulations and laws it created and credit 0bama with them, as if he even reads the crap he signs.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
Here's a nice list of promises broken by Obama. There's "only" around 50..I guess for some here that constitutes success..

PolitiFact | The Obameter: Campaign Promises that are Promise Broken
But the new promises that he will make in the campaign, those he plans on really, really keeping - for reals.

The sheep will believe his new promises, and blindly accept that his new policies will work, even though he made the exact same promises when he signed the stimulus and 0bamaCare into law. His promised stimulus and 0bamaCare would create millions of jobs, jump start the economy, lower health care insurance premiums, allow you to keep your current health care plan, lower health care costs yadda, yadda. yadda, he was wrong, but the 0bama sheep have a short term memory, and ignorance on their side.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:44 AM

3,457 posts, read 3,622,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
I didn't know that the Bush Administration was in the banking industry.
The Bush administration was in charge of the executive branch of government. this includes Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD), Office of Thrift Supervision (OTS), Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and other banking regulators.

Quote:
Then again, Bush called for oversight on Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac
Sure, right around the time that the Fed chairman he appointed dropped interest rates, and Bush's cabinet decided that it wasn't important for banks to maintain adequate reserves anymore, because they are self-policing.

Quote:
and was blocked by the Democrats so there goes your argument.
Actually, Bush supported Fannie and Freddie's expansion of homeownership.

Quote:
Did Obama revoke CRA or change any lending practice standards?
No, because CRA loans played almost no role in the financial crisis. Subprime, ARM, and no-doc loans made by private firms were major causes of the financial crisis, though.

Quote:
No, in fact the Obama administration has encouraged banks to make more risky loans.
Funny! Republicans are claiming that Dodd-Frank is preventing banks from making loans. Now you are saying that the Obama administration is encouraging banks to make more risky loans.

Sounds to me like you guys need to get together and collaborate to get your propaganda straight.

Quote:
You do realize too that Bush was not responsible for enacting CRA legislation, right? That was a product of the Clinton administration.
Actually CRA was part of the Carter administration, but in truth, only idiots believe that the CRA caused the bad loans.

If CRA caused the bad loans, how did this create an international real estate bubble? Answer that one for me, smart guy.

Quote:
You have fallen into the trap. Gas prices have been higher for longer under Obama than they were under Bush.
Gas prices were .50 cents per gallon when Bush took over. They were $3/gallon when he left office.

Quote:
And Bush at least tried to do something about it.
Invade iraq? Yeah it worked great.

Quote:
Obama has sat on his hands in order to promote his green energy agenda and has basically taken the attitude that Americans need to get used to these prices as we are dependent on foreign oil. But he has done nothing to allow for more off-shore drilling in order to benefit America.
Offshore drilling benefits america.. right. I hear that gulf seafood is still contaminated with oil.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:50 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,429,336 times
Quote:
• Ordered the DEA to stop raids on medical marijuana usage (2009)
Yeah sure...

Feds Crack Down on Medical Marijuana Dispensaries - KGPE CBS47 Fresno - News, Sports & Weather for the Central Valley

Obama has not only not kept promises made during his campaign, he hasn't even kept some made earlier in his presidency....

Old 10-19-2011, 08:54 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes59 View Post
Please someone, anyone tell me what Obama's platform will be as he runs against the Republican nominee? Does he have anything to run on other than killing Osama Bin Laden?
Pray tell what has the man actually accomplished even with a Democratic House AND Senate for 2 years?

This should be fun.
Simple: I. Am. Not. A. Republican.

Hope that clears things up.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:11 AM

393 posts, read 652,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Simple: I. Am. Not. A. Republican.

Hope that clears things up.
Brilliant! Hope that works for ya, just don't hold your breath.
By the way how did that strategy play out in Nov of 2010? Care to hazard a guess? No, I didn't think so.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As i thought ..

Obama doesnt have to run on anything as the current lineup of GOP buffoons representing their do nothing obstructionist Republican party and having not a clue as to how to improve Americas lot will assure Obamas re-election.
So, 0bama runs on neener-neener-boo-boo? Got it.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:16 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,944,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodtimes59 View Post
Brilliant! Hope that works for ya, just don't hold your breath.
By the way how did that strategy play out in Nov of 2010? Care to hazard a guess? No, I didn't think so.
Voters did not know the Republican candidates as well as they know the Republican presidential candidates. And let me tell you, to know them is not to love them.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:16 AM

605 posts, read 704,606 times
Sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections