U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 10-26-2011, 04:52 PM
 
3,265 posts, read 2,926,108 times
Reputation: 1440

Advertisements

Topline Results of Oct. 20-25, 2011, CNN/TIME/ORC Poll | Swampland | TIME.com

Quote:

FLORIDA

Romney 30%
Cain 18%
Gingrich 9%
Perry 9%
Paul 6%
Bachmann 4%
Huntsman 1%
Santorum 1%
Someone else (vol.) 1%
None/ No one (vol.) 7%
No opinion 14%

IOWA

Romney 24%
Cain 21%
Paul 12%
Gingrich 10%
Perry 10%
Bachmann 6%
Santorum 2%
Huntsman 1%
Someone else (vol.) *
None/ No one (vol.) 3%
No opinion 11%

NEW HAMPSHIRE

Romney 40%
Cain 13%
Paul 12%
Huntsman 6%
Gingrich 5%
Perry 4%
Bachmann 2%
Santorum 1%
Someone else (vol.) *
None/ No one (vol.) 5%
No opinion 14%

SOUTH CAROLINA

Romney 25%
Cain 23%
Paul 12%
Perry 11%
Gingrich 8%
Bachmann 4%
Huntsman 1%
Santorum 1%
Someone else (vol.) *
None/ No one (vol.) 5%
No opinion 10%
Two caveats: 1) The MOE is 5% in each poll, so some of the leads such as in SC and IA aren't definitive proof of anything and 2) there's still double digit undecideds in each state. However, Romney polling as high as he does in the aforementioned states plus crushing FL doesn't bode well for a protracted primary season.

The real takeaway might be that the Herman Cain Train has pulled into the last station, but who knows, he might still have some fight in him before he begins his new career at 10PM weeknights on Fox News. However, as I said in the crystal ball thread, if Romney gets Iowa, it's a done deal.




Also, look at Ron Paul slowly trudging up. And yet the lamestream media still ignores him. A travesty.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-26-2011, 05:19 PM
 
Location: The High Seas
7,376 posts, read 14,666,575 times
Reputation: 11802
I don't believe it. Although vanilla is a popular flavor, there are better options.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 05:30 PM
 
12,779 posts, read 7,168,270 times
Reputation: 4327
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Topline Results of Oct. 20-25, 2011, CNN/TIME/ORC Poll | Swampland | TIME.com



Two caveats: 1) The MOE is 5% in each poll, so some of the leads such as in SC and IA aren't definitive proof of anything and 2) there's still double digit undecideds in each state. However, Romney polling as high as he does in the aforementioned states plus crushing FL doesn't bode well for a protracted primary season.

The real takeaway might be that the Herman Cain Train has pulled into the last station, but who knows, he might still have some fight in him before he begins his new career at 10PM weeknights on Fox News. However, as I said in the crystal ball thread, if Romney gets Iowa, it's a done deal.




Also, look at Ron Paul slowly trudging up. And yet the lamestream media still ignores him. A travesty.
Agreed, if you look at those numbers, Paul is actually doing much better than Perry, but clearly the media coverage does not reflect that.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 05:31 PM
 
1,568 posts, read 1,433,511 times
Reputation: 414
The lamestream media is humping Ron Paul's leg this year now more than ever.

What are you talking about?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 05:35 PM
 
12,779 posts, read 7,168,270 times
Reputation: 4327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
The lamestream media is humping Ron Paul's leg this year now more than ever.

What are you talking about?
Hardly, I listen to and watch a lot of political coverage and the overwhelming majority of it focuses on Romney, Perry, and Cain. Paul does get more coverage than last year, but nowhere near those other three, and the coverage is quite often cynical rather than serious in terms of him being a legit contender.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 07:16 PM
 
8,755 posts, read 9,476,072 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
Topline Results of Oct. 20-25, 2011, CNN/TIME/ORC Poll | Swampland | TIME.com



Two caveats: 1) The MOE is 5% in each poll, so some of the leads such as in SC and IA aren't definitive proof of anything and 2) there's still double digit undecideds in each state. However, Romney polling as high as he does in the aforementioned states plus crushing FL doesn't bode well for a protracted primary season.

The real takeaway might be that the Herman Cain Train has pulled into the last station, but who knows, he might still have some fight in him before he begins his new career at 10PM weeknights on Fox News. However, as I said in the crystal ball thread, if Romney gets Iowa, it's a done deal.




Also, look at Ron Paul slowly trudging up. And yet the lamestream media still ignores him. A travesty.


Fox News is still reporting that Cain leads in all of the polls...lol. I realize they are talking about a couple of national polls, but they have mentioned nothing of the state by state polling that clearly shows Romney pulling away...at least this week. They are so full of crap it is unreal.

I saw Ron Paul on Bret Baer's show tonight. He held his own. He's kind of cute.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 07:28 PM
 
Location: Las Vegas
5,866 posts, read 4,591,208 times
Reputation: 4190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
The lamestream media is humping Ron Paul's leg this year now more than ever.

What are you talking about?




The Media Primary | Project for Excellence in Journalism (PEJ)


John Stewart on The Media and Ron Paul! Hilarious, But True! YouTube - YouTube

Educate yourself before you say such foolish things.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 08:19 PM
 
8,755 posts, read 9,476,072 times
Reputation: 1429
Does it make anyone wonder why Perry is getting the most coverage when he basically has tanked???
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 08:36 PM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,323 posts, read 20,916,848 times
Reputation: 18436
Default Romney no better than '08, no match for Obama

Republicans don't appear to be embracing Romney. He is the choice by default simply because the other candidates are bigger rejects. Romney has no substance and flip-flops on positions depending on who he's talking to. He may lead in teh polls, but he's not dominating them.

The more people look at Romney, the worse he looks. He's a pure airhead. Above all, Romney stands absolutely no chance against President Obama.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-26-2011, 08:47 PM
 
8,755 posts, read 9,476,072 times
Reputation: 1429
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Republicans don't appear to be embracing Romney. He is the choice by default simply because the other candidates are bigger rejects. Romney has no substance and flip-flops on positions depending on who he's talking to. He may lead in teh polls, but he's not dominating them.

The more people look at Romney, the worse he looks. He's a pure airhead. Above all, Romney stands absolutely no chance against President Obama.


lol..sounds like fear talking to me.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top