Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 12:51 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,207,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Yeah, a Mitt "Flip Flop" Romney website is a trustworthy site to tell people that RomneyCare is no different than ObamaCare....LOL! That's like going to Stormfront to read objective analyses on Jewish history.

Yes, RomneyCare is ObamaCare, which is why Mitt Zombie deleted the line "we can accomplish the same thing nationwide" from his book. Obamacare was modeled after RomneyCare. Even conservatives agree.

Propaganda is easily used on those with less than the intelligence God gave a **** ant and there are a lot of those people around. Use what you can of your reasoning skills and picture putting a bill that is 2000 pages long into one that is 73 pages long. That would not result in the same bill.

The link was to Mitt Romney's site but if you had even read it you would have seen all of the information is referenced. Read the Massachusetts bill here:

Session Laws: CHAPTER 58 of the Acts of 2006

If you have a day or two, read the Obamacare bill here...they are not the same thing:

THOMAS (Library of Congress)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 06:43 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,995,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Just as a point of clarification--Romney's health care plan and the one passed by the Obama administration ARE nearly identical, right down to the mandate. Romney also wrote in the first version of his book that his plan could be a model for the nation--that statement was removed in later printings after he decided he would run for president.

The biggest difference between the plans is that Romney claimed his plan didn't require a tax increase--the problem with that argument is that it DID require substantial funding--they pulled in money from the feds, and from a previous tax increase passed in MA for a health care plan that was never enacted. The Obama plan didn't have an existing source of funds to draw from.

News analysis: Comparing Obama and Romney health laws - USATODAY.com

Obama and Romney health plans: Both borrowed from Richard Nixon - CNN.com
Oh look! It's our resident "Republican" trashing the leading GOP candidate and his health care plan, but not saying a single word critical of Obamacare! I'm shocked!

Old 10-30-2011, 09:35 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,233,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Oh look! It's our resident "Republican" trashing the leading GOP candidate and his health care plan, but not saying a single word critical of Obamacare! I'm shocked!
Oh look! It's our resident jacka** and stalker Trace who once again has no opinion of his own on candidates or issues EVER, but sees conspiracy theories everywhere he looks! I'm shocked!

On healthcare reform? I think a big chunk of the tea party republican arguments against it are disingenious at best--I supported that plan back in 93 (when you were probably in diapers) when it was introduced by the R's as a counter to hilarycare. With the exception of medicaid expansion and torte reform, the Obama bill is pretty much identical to that plan, and Romney's was modeled after that same R plan and earlier R plans--including the mandate. The problem with Obama care now is cost--we don't have the money nationally, plus it's putting a burden on employers at a very tough time. I think the D's saw the opportunity to pass something and went for it, regardless of the financial situation in the country. I think if Romney just came out and said that cost is the biggest issue vs. arguing that his plan is nothing like Obamacare would be more honest, and make him look like less of a flip flopper. People aren't stupid. The problem Romney has is that other people in the party went nuts over the mandate (which the R's proposed) without thinking about the long term consequences, and they've made it tough for him--this one is legitimately not his fault.

Chart: Comparing Health Reform Bills: Democrats and Republicans 2009, Republicans 1993 - Kaiser Health News

As for my evil plan to sabotage the R's--you've found me out. I'm pretty open about not being a tea party fan--I'm not a radical. Telling the truth--that the establishment isn't going to let a tea party candidate get the nomination because they can't win the general, and that although Romney is a moderate, he has a credibility problem, is all a part of it. It's me, George Will, Joe Scarborough, and Pat Robertson (and the list of R's is growing) all in it together--we meet every Friday for lunch and hatch up a plan to destroy the possibility of the R's actually winning by telling the truth and trying to get the party to get it's head out of it's backside and nominate someone who's actually electable.

You're brilliant. Just keep being you.

How do you think we're going to win this? Just for once I'd love to hear your version.

Last edited by mb1547; 10-30-2011 at 10:33 AM..

Old 10-30-2011, 12:48 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,672,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Oh look! It's our resident jacka** and stalker Trace who once again has no opinion of his own on candidates or issues EVER, but sees conspiracy theories everywhere he looks! I'm shocked!

On healthcare reform? I think a big chunk of the tea party republican arguments against it are disingenious at best--I supported that plan back in 93 (when you were probably in diapers) when it was introduced by the R's as a counter to hilarycare. With the exception of medicaid expansion and torte reform, the Obama bill is pretty much identical to that plan, and Romney's was modeled after that same R plan and earlier R plans--including the mandate. The problem with Obama care now is cost--we don't have the money nationally, plus it's putting a burden on employers at a very tough time. I think the D's saw the opportunity to pass something and went for it, regardless of the financial situation in the country. I think if Romney just came out and said that cost is the biggest issue vs. arguing that his plan is nothing like Obamacare would be more honest, and make him look like less of a flip flopper. People aren't stupid. The problem Romney has is that other people in the party went nuts over the mandate (which the R's proposed) without thinking about the long term consequences, and they've made it tough for him--this one is legitimately not his fault.

Chart: Comparing Health Reform Bills: Democrats and Republicans 2009, Republicans 1993 - Kaiser Health News

As for my evil plan to sabotage the R's--you've found me out. I'm pretty open about not being a tea party fan--I'm not a radical. Telling the truth--that the establishment isn't going to let a tea party candidate get the nomination because they can't win the general, and that although Romney is a moderate, he has a credibility problem, is all a part of it. It's me, George Will, Joe Scarborough, and Pat Robertson (and the list of R's is growing) all in it together--we meet every Friday for lunch and hatch up a plan to destroy the possibility of the R's actually winning by telling the truth and trying to get the party to get it's head out of it's backside and nominate someone who's actually electable.

You're brilliant. Just keep being you.

How do you think we're going to win this? Just for once I'd love to hear your version.
Hey Trace,

I don't blame you for hiding, after this 'beat-down' mb administered to you. I would be embarrassed to show my face too!!

mb, think you got a good chance at that 5 'G's' this forum is giving to the 'most informative' member.

Old 10-30-2011, 12:53 PM

22,261 posts, read 19,575,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
Hey Trace,

I don't blame you for hiding, after this 'beat-down' mb administered to you. I would be embarrassed to show my face too!!

mb, think you got a good chance at that 5 'G's' this forum is giving to the 'most informative' member.
MB certainly put a beatdown on Trace, but considering your views and who you support which something tells me MB wouldn't exactly be a fan of...

Old 10-30-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
MB certainly put a beatdown on Trace, but considering your views and who you support which something tells me MB wouldn't exactly be a fan of...
Neither mb nor I are in any way...satisfied with the 'bumbling, inept' 'R' Party! - I'd say....in spite of a few differences, we are 'bonded' by that factual outrage!!

Addendum: But hey, I realize there is a high possibility that one of us states something ..which the other of us is in total disagreement with! - So far, so good!!

Last edited by quality guy; 10-30-2011 at 01:15 PM..

Old 10-30-2011, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Neither mb nor I are in any way...satisfied with the 'bumbling, inept' 'R' Party! - I'd say....in spite of a few differences, we are 'bonded' by that factual outrage!!

Addendum: But hey, I realize there is a high possibility that one of us states something ..which the other of us is in total disagreement with! - So far, so good!!
I'm pretty sure that we really disagree on lots and lots of things, but agree on others as well. It's good to disagree and talk about issues--if you actually listen to each other when you do it, it's how you come up with policy that works. I can disagree with people and still respect them--I just don't tolerate BS and nastiness well. I have too many kids to be good at putting up with nonsense.

What is this "most informative member" deal?

Old 10-30-2011, 01:38 PM

22,261 posts, read 19,575,089 times
Quote:

MB appears to be someone who is fairly moderate, you are about as far right as they come and spew hate and venom at every turn.

Old 10-30-2011, 01:51 PM

Quote:
MB appears to be someone who is fairly moderate, you are about as far right as they come and spew hate and venom at every turn.
Your opinion of 'hate' is skewed and warped!

I speak out STRONGLY about my beliefs and principles. You, obviously, want to deflect and distort those virtues.

Your PROBLEM...not mine!!!

Old 10-30-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
You need to be fair. As far as "spewing hate and venom" goes, we have a lot of posters on CD who could win that award hands down (I think we have our own little KKK and militia group fan club going on in some of the threads) and he isn't one of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections