Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 04:19 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,166,968 times

Advertisements

The plot thickens. GOP pollster, Chris Wilson who is a Rick Perry supporter and involved in a pro Perry PAC leaked his own version of the story adding fuel to the fire.

GOP pollster makes Herman Cain accusation - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 04:21 PM

If Cain goes down the drain, my bet is Perry is not far behind him.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:21 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm thinking of starting a "The Official; Cain's Latest Excuse Thread"
Isn't that the truth?! LOL! His stories keep changing and getting deeper.

The lawyer, Joel Bennett, told CNN that the informant was a present or former NRA member.

"JB: i don't know how that happened. My understanding is a present or former board member of the national restaurant association leaked the story to politico."
Read more: The Page by Mark Halperin | Transcript: Anderson Cooper Interviews Joel Bennett

Old 11-02-2011, 04:22 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkelman View Post
First, am a conservative and I really like Herman Cain. I like what he has brought to the race.

However...

We now have three women accusers and two eyewitness accounts of Mr. Cain's bad behavior. I think we reached the tipping point where you can't just keep blaming other campaigns and the very real media bias. I expect it to only get worse as the week goes on, with more people coming forward.

My prediction is he will cancel all public appearances for the rest of the week and be out of the race by the weekend.

Imagine if Cain won out in the primaries and this came out just before the general election.
If the D's had been behind this, that's exactly when it would have come out. It's better to get all the dirty laundry out in the open now rather than later.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,843,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
The plot thickens. GOP pollster, Chris Wilson who is a Rick Perry supporter and involved in a pro Perry PAC leaked his own version of the story adding fuel to the fire.

GOP pollster makes Herman Cain accusation - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com
From the link:

"The pollster requested that POLITICO make clear that he has not shared this story with any of his clients and that he was not the source for the original story Sunday on the two women who complained about Cain at the association."

Cain needs to stop blaming everyone else. It's making him look ridiculous.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Isn't that the truth?! LOL! His stories keep changing and getting deeper.

The lawyer, Joel Bennett, told CNN that the informant was a present or former NRA member.

"JB: i don't know how that happened. My understanding is a present or former board member of the national restaurant association leaked the story to politico."
Read more: The Page by Mark Halperin | Transcript: Anderson Cooper Interviews Joel Bennett

And that could be Chris Wilson...see link to article above. He is a Perry supporter and involved in a pro Perry Super PAC.

Old 11-02-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
From the link:

"The pollster requested that POLITICO make clear that he has not shared this story with any of his clients and that he was not the source for the original story Sunday on the two women who complained about Cain at the association."

Cain needs to stop blaming everyone else. It's making him look ridiculous.

What do you think he is going to say...duh!

458 posts, read 776,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
A pollster working for the Perry campaign has said he personally witnessed Hermann Cain harrassing a woman at the National Restaurant Association dinner, and that "If the truth comes out, it won't be pretty. It will be the end of his campaign"

Well, I guess now we know who's camp leaked the story! This thing has Perry's fingerprints all over it.

Perry-Connected Consultant: I Saw Herman Cain Harass Women | Election 2012
What does it matter who leaked the story. Is there some in the rules of politics that you don't leak bad news about your opponents?

It appears by all accounts that two women accused Cain of sexual harassment and his organization paid them a years salary to go away.

I had to live with 8 years of Clinton and his bad behavior with Dem's saying its not important.

I though the Republican Party had higher standards than that. Right now I am not sure that is true.

7,211 posts, read 9,430,319 times
Default Iowa radio host accuses Cain of 'inappropriate' remarks

This may have already been posted, but with the way Cain apparently gets around, it's hard to keep track.

If any of this stuff is even remotely close to the truth...Romeo is done..

Quote:
POLITICO has learned that the incident involved a staffer for Steve Deace, an influential conservative talk radio host who hosts a nationally syndicated show in Des Moines. And Deace says he did take offense.
Deace, who penned an opinion piece critical of Cain earlier this month, told POLITICO in an email that Cain said "awkward" and "inappropriate" things to the staff at his station.

"Like awkward/inappropriate things he's said to two females on my staff, that the fact the guy's wife is never around...that's almost always a warning flag to me," Deace wrote. "But I chose to leave that stuff out [of the opinion piece] and make it about his record and not the personal stuff."

Iowa radio host accuses Herman Cain of 'inappropriate' remarks - Jonathan Martin - POLITICO.com

Old 11-02-2011, 04:26 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,203,345 times
If this was as widely known of a problem as some of these guys out of the NRA are saying it was, it could have been any former staff member--it sounds like everybody there knew what was going on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections