Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2011, 05:32 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I'm getting sick of the finger pointing and blaming game towards Rick Perry, unless there is real proof.

The issue is with Herman Cain not Rick Perry!

One of our children had to deal with sexual herrassement and that was close to the time frame that Cain had to deal with it. Since it was the one and only time with had to deal with something like this it made a big impression on us and up to this day we remember the details very well, that is why I can't believe that Cain has such a hard time remembering things but on the other hand our child was the victim not the the one doing it as Cain is accused of.

I'm saying Cain did it, we don't know the details yet, but to me it is a red flag and to blame Rick Perry is complete BS.
https://www.city-data.com/forum/elect...n-harrass.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2011, 05:33 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,964,008 times
OP "This thing has Perry's fingerprints all over it."

Where HC's fingerprints are is likely the only set that matters.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:40 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,842,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
You mean the only one Cain told about it? In 2003? Who went to work for Perry a week before it went to press?
Except the lawyer, Joel Bennett, told CNN the information came from a present or former NRA member. That kind of shoots Cain's story out of the window.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:40 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,202,186 times
If these allegations are true, and it's looking more and more like they are, then who ever leaked this did the party a favor. If Cain would have wound up as the nominee (unlikely) or VP (very likely), you're kidding yourselves if you think the D's wouldn't have released the same thing later, in the general, when it could do maximum damage.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:41 PM

27,213 posts, read 46,728,178 times
The fact still stands that 3 women have accused Cain of wrong doing, that is a lot of women...is this going to be a Tiger Woods amount of women coming out....

Old 11-02-2011, 05:42 PM

487 posts, read 382,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
I like Cain, I really do. I like how he hasnt been a career politician and I dont even mind that he isnt 100 percent caught up on all the issues, its not hard to do a little research and reading to get up to speed.

However, now that a third woman has come up, I think we should know what happened. What did he actually say or do.... It is a bit bothersome how this sort of stuff comes up all the time with people, especially politicians or those that want to be a politician.

I wanted to give Cain the benefit of the doubt on this, but now just get what happened out there, explain your side and let them explain theirs and let the people decide if they still support you. I wanted to look past this but I cant anymore until we know the truth. There is no going back now, its out there and let's just get the truth out so we can move on. I sure hope once its all known what happened that its something we can look past. If not, Ill be very disappointed and hope for a better candidate to emerge. While Ill support just about anyone over Obama, I would really want to see a candidate that I can actually have some confidence and pride in. So far, most candidates I dont feel that way towards.
I would remind you that this is not a popularity contest. Doesn't experience count for anything anymore? If not, perhaps I am qualified to be the CEO of a fortune 500 company, even though I have no experience whatsoever in the business world. However, I consider myself to be intelligent, honest, knowledgeable and a great leader. Anyone hiring?

Cain may be amiable, honest and a paradigm of the American dream. That being said, he has never held public office and has proven time and time again that he lacks the necessary eloquence, clarity and restraint to compete in a general election. Simply put, he is not presidential; he is a loose cannon. While I must commend Cain for galvanizing issues pertaining to tax reform,I am somewhat concerned that if he wins the Republican nomination, Obama may be sitting in the oval office for another four years.

Old 11-02-2011, 05:43 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,940 times
This could be nothing, could be something. This was tweeted on the 28th by an Arizona state coordinator for the Perry Campaign

Link

Quote:
" victoria_29 victoria_29 @

@PROUDofTEXAS a friend of mine who is black says that only reason they are supporting him is to prove they are not racists

28 Oct"

"
@slmbolick Shawnna L.M. Bolick
@victoria_29 @proudoftexas this is the same thing I am hearing in AZ! Wait til they actually do the oppo on @THEHermanCain. It's not pretty.

28 Oct via Twitter for iPhone "
Makes you wonder what "oppo" she was referring to. Could it be what was leaked to the Politico?

Old 11-02-2011, 05:44 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
We don't know who dug this garbage up.

Here is a clue

http://https://www.city-data.com/foru...n-harrass.html

Old 11-02-2011, 05:48 PM

1,568 posts, read 1,551,250 times
Default Voters not buying Cain smears. You're going to need a plan B.

You're going to need a bigger boat.

Election 2012: South Carolina Republican Primary - Rasmussen Reports™

Quote:
The survey was conducted on Tuesday night following two days of media coverage concerning allegations of sexual harassment against Cain.
In polling conducted before the latest allegations, Cain led in Iowa with Romney second, while Romney led in New Hampshire with Cain in second place.
The first Rasmussen Reports poll of South Carolina’s Likely Republican Primary Voters shows Cain with 33% support, Romney at 23% and Gingrich at 15%. Texas Governor Rick Perry earns nine percent (9%) of the likely primary vote, Texas Congressman Ron Paul five percent (5%) and Minnesota Congresswoman Michele Bachmann two percent (2%). Former Pennsylvania Senator Rick Santorum and former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman each pick up one percent (1%), as does “some other candidate.” Ten percent (10%) remain undecided. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Old 11-02-2011, 05:57 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,784,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Kim View Post
People are starting to ignore these timely (and expected) smears as no more than stunts performed on queue by opposing parties and competing electorates alike. We will never have a good clean candidate (if one exists) because our political system runs on filth and garbage. If they could figure out how to get as many miles from an engine running on the same crap, we'd have no energy problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections