Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,664,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
I was going to respond to you with an intelligent and rational post regarding Dr. Paul's rock solid conservative credentials but then I thought "why bother?" I am a passionate defender of liberty and the advancement of freedom and small government. I love to discuss issues with people because there's nothing better than seeing someone start to consider liberty.

However with you I've come to realize that no matter what I, or any other Ron Paul supporter, says you will just respond with emoticons, insults, over the top exaggeration, and condescension. I've come to realize you're just really not worth my time or effort as you don't want to have a discussion, you simply wish to troll the forums.

:t hink:
I don't waste much time with you. for sure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 05:19 AM

4,160 posts, read 4,182,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Shrug. Well then they don't vote. Like it or not, most Americans simply will not vote for Ron Paul.
Most Americans play follow the leader. They vote for the party, not the people.

Ron Paul's supporter is the only group that vote for the people, not the party.

This is the reason why the Republicans have no choice but vote for Ron Paul.

If Paul won = RP followers + Republican follow the leader crowd

If other won = Republican follow the leader crowd

Old 11-01-2011, 05:33 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,961,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
Most Americans play follow the leader. They vote for the party, not the people.

Ron Paul's supporter is the only group that vote for the people, not the party.

This is the reason why the Republicans have no choice but vote for Ron Paul.

If Paul won = RP followers + Republican follow the leader crowd

If other won = Republican follow the leader crowd
People don't understand this simple fact. Most of Ron Paul supporters WILL NOT vote for Romney, or any other Republican. Anyone that even suggests many Ron Paul supporters will vote for any Republican need to study up on Ron Paul more. I think there's a big lack of understanding about who he is among people in general. Hannity's goal is to make him look as bad as possible, so of course people who don't research him and listen to what Hannity says will find him nutty

Old 11-01-2011, 05:47 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,851,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cw30000 View Post
My fellow Republicans, if you want to get rid of Obama, then you have no choice but vote for Ron Paul.

The reason is simple. Ron Paul's followers are loyal, they will only vote for Ron Paul and no one else.

If Ron Paul is not nominated, his followers will simply not vote. That mean 15% of the voter or whatever percentage the media reported Ron Paul gets will be gone.

Even worst, if Ron Paul runs as a 3rd party, then the Republicans will loss even more votes.
and I consider comments like "you must" vote for someone or else as blackmail. I think many of us realize how loyal his supporters are, but they are the ones who have told us, vote for the candidate you support, and now, you, as one of them are telling us to vote for only him..I am not someone who will be blackmailed into voting for a candidate that I do not agree with. If he gets the nomination, yes, I will support him as I feel we all need to vote or keep our mouths shut. To me, when adults say "if my candidate doesn't get the nomination I won't vote" is like a kid saying, if I can't win I am taking my toys and going home.

Nita

Old 11-01-2011, 05:58 AM

9,327 posts, read 16,679,302 times
If Ron Paul's followers will ONLY vote for him, I find that extremely narrow minded. Apparently they would rather "vote" for Obama than vote for someone to end his rein of disaster. Not very intelligent.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:14 AM

4,160 posts, read 4,182,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
To me, when adults say "if my candidate doesn't get the nomination I won't vote" is like a kid saying, if I can't win I am taking my toys and going home.

Nita
Jesus. You sound like big media. "If Ron Paul won, we are heading back to stone age."

If you understand our position, then you know that's not how it is interpreted. You will interpret that Ron Paul supporters have principles, and will only vote for those who share the same principles and belief as they (the voter) have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
If Ron Paul's followers will ONLY vote for him, I find that extremely narrow minded. Apparently they would rather "vote" for Obama than vote for someone to end his rein of disaster. Not very intelligent.
Maybe you don't understand our position. We don't want to get rid of Obama just to have someone with a different name tag to carry on the same failed policies. Dr Paul is the only who understand the issue and have support of the people.

You can argue that Romney & Perry has a lot more funding. But I would love to know how much of them are from small donators like you and me. Those who chip in $20 to $100

Old 11-01-2011, 06:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,690,714 times
Without Ron, expect more corporate fascism, with a big military industrial complex and more police actions and loss of American life.

Ron is the only one if elected, won't spark off a full on Revolution, because the left knows he is not the Neo-con and the right knows he is not a Progressive.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:25 AM

If Obama is re-elected, the crap will hit the fan.

If Romney is elected, the crap will hit the fan.

If Perry is elected, the crap will hit the fan.

If Cain is elected the crap will hit the fan.

Paul is the only one that has the truth and the US Constitution, backing him.

Notice when Paul says stuff and the media jumps on it, thinking it is looney and runs with it, only to go silent when he pwnd them, with the truth in his explanation. They will not air that, but in the debates, he was able to explain it in short to the American people.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:28 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,359,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

Paul is the only one that has the truth and the US Constitution, backing him.

Problem is he has no chance of winning..

Old 11-01-2011, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Problem is he has no chance of winning..

I love this copy & paste response!

Obama had no chance of beating Hilary either at this time in 2007.

Obama has no chance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections